STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Not to mention the thrill of getting a new product. I still want to get that new Vader, but the only thing stopping me is new bike parts and gear, lol! So, I convince myself to wait for the XM stuff.

Nice! Love it!

I sent ya a private message, but it seems you've already contacted admin. I checked my computer and can log on here just fine. However, like you, I cant access the site on my phone when using wifi. I have to turn off my wifi and use data. Not sure why that is happening either.

Rey and Jyn look fantastic no doubt! The tailoring is what keeps drawing me back, but the finished paint app will have to be on point for me to buy.

So you didn't order the Iron Studios Vader in the end? My Singapore contact asked if I wanted to order the XM Vader/Anakin diorama, but I told him I'd actually like to see pictures of it first before committing any money, ha.

Yeah I got it figured out. I have a feeling it had something to do with when we were talking about blowing money on d-r-u-g-s because the admin said that's one of the phrases that it flags.

I know, I must avoid Hasbro at all costs LOL.

Signatures aren't necessarily a deal breaker for me, as long as they aren't fake ones like SS's. If a company goes that route I'd prefer them to just leave the thing off entirely. I don't really have a paper or canvas preference. I do want to get a canvas eventually just because I don't have one. But I mainly collect movie posters, I have been since 2000, and use those as my wall art, I also have a couple SW Celebration prints. I don't have any super high end artwork though.

I think you're right about Flash, he will probably fall off over time. Its just a dumb design all around.

Bike parts are so much more important than SS's new Vader! The outfit looks good on it, but that's really it. I'm sure once you get XM's it will make all other Vader stuff completely irrelevant anyways.

Does anyone know when XM's next scheduled Con is?

So you guys both have the same problem? I hope I'm not next :ohno:.

I have a feeling SS will be able to deliver on Rey's tailoring. They are usually pretty good with their mixed media on their production pieces. Out of all the things I complain about this company for, tailoring is never one of them.

I do miss collecting action figures. It was fun going hunting for them and I had an entire wall full of PotF figures in high school that was pretty awesome. Speaking of action figures, I need to dig out my DC Universe figures and sell them. They've been in a box for 4 years, I think it's time. I might actually sell my life size Muppets replicas too, just no room for them.

I agree the tailoring will be fine on Rey, I'm just concerned about the face.

Did you see how big that Prime 1 Venom is? Holy crap!

16831047_1809197916012591_4666455536805763_n.jpg

16649067_1809197922679257_5915887739767356423_n.jpg

16681776_1809197932679256_6998391589883366047_n.jpg

16649553_1809197956012587_9112099926274176601_n.jpg

So you didn't order the Iron Studios Vader in the end? My Singapore contact asked if I wanted to order the XM Vader/Anakin diorama, but I told him I'd actually like to see pictures of it first before committing any money, ha.

Yeah I got it figured out. I have a feeling it had something to do with when we were talking about blowing money on d-r-u-g-s because the admin said that's one of the phrases that it flags.

I do miss collecting action figures. It was fun going hunting for them and I had an entire wall full of PotF figures in high school that was pretty awesome. Speaking of action figures, I need to dig out my DC Universe figures and sell them. They've been in a box for 4 years, I think it's time. I might actually sell my life size Muppets replicas too, just no room for them.

Oh, that's right Lou is talking about the Iron Studios Vader. I actually forgot about that one :LOL:. I think because of Iron Studios reputation for poor QC I've already moved them to my ****list along with SS.

Ha! I wonder if that was it. It probably doesn't help that you guys are talking about your "contacts" on top of it :rofl:. "Hey man, you got any of that XM Studios?" LMAO!

I miss going out hunting for POTF figures too. And I'd remember how excited I'd be when I'd find a new one I wasn't expecting and I'd buy it right away thinking it would be hard to get, and then it would turn out to be a peg warmer lol.

You know as soon as you sell your Muppets is when they will bring out that Fozzie Bear you've been waiting for.

The Prime 1 Venom is my favorite of the 3 companies. It also comes with a symbiote spider that's nearly the size of a human hand! I wonder how much this thing is going to cost. I'll probably pass because I don't have the room to get into Spider-Man stuff.

I heard Prime 1 just got the Alien and Predator license. I hope Star Wars is next!

Oh, that's right Lou is talking about the Iron Studios Vader. I actually forgot about that one :LOL:. I think because of Iron Studios reputation for poor QC I've already moved them to my ****list along with SS.

Ha! I wonder if that was it. It probably doesn't help that you guys are talking about your "contacts" on top of it :rofl:. "Hey man, you got any of that XM Studios?" LMAO!

I miss going out hunting for POTF figures too. And I'd remember how excited I'd be when I'd find a new one I wasn't expecting and I'd buy it right away thinking it would be hard to get, and then it would turn out to be a peg warmer lol.

You know as soon as you sell your Muppets is when they will bring out that Fozzie Bear you've been waiting for.

The Prime 1 Venom is my favorite of the 3 companies. It also comes with a symbiote spider that's nearly the size of a human hand! I wonder how much this thing is going to cost. I'll probably pass because I don't have the room to get into Spider-Man stuff.

I heard Prime 1 just got the Alien and Predator license. I hope Star Wars is next!

I think all of the POTF figures were easy to find in the end, ha. But yeah I remember I was at KMart once and there was an open box sitting on the floor where the stock person must have gotten distracted and not finished stocking the shelf. I was so excited to find a box of untouched figures.

Ha, I've given up on that Fozzie Bear. If they didn't release him back when that Jason Segal Muppets movie did well in the theater then he is never coming.

That Prime 1 Venom is fantastic. I kind of want it... Can Disney sell the Star Wars license to another company that can distribute in the U.S.? I honestly don't know how that works. Is Prime 1 even a U.S. based company or does Sideshow just distribute their stuff?

So I see they announced a release date for the Han Solo movie of May 25, 2018. Didn't they originally announce Rogue One in the spring/summer then push it back to December? Either way I'm not watching it.

I think all of the POTF figures were easy to find in the end, ha. But yeah I remember I was at KMart once and there was an open box sitting on the floor where the stock person must have gotten distracted and not finished stocking the shelf. I was so excited to find a box of untouched figures.

Ha, I've given up on that Fozzie Bear. If they didn't release him back when that Jason Segal Muppets movie did well in the theater then he is never coming.

That Prime 1 Venom is fantastic. I kind of want it... Can Disney sell the Star Wars license to another company that can distribute in the U.S.? I honestly don't know how that works. Is Prime 1 even a U.S. based company or does Sideshow just distribute their stuff?

So I see they announced a release date for the Han Solo movie of May 25, 2018. Didn't they originally announce Rogue One in the spring/summer then push it back to December? Either way I'm not watching it.

I would have torn through the box in search of new figures lol.

I don't think anyone truly knows how licensing works. Prime 1 is an Asian based company, I think its Japan but I'm not 100%, and SS is the main US distributor. I would think if Disney can work a deal out with HT and have them sell their SW stuff through SS while SS makes basically the same kind of 1:6 stuff, I don't see why they can't make a deal with Prime 1. I'm sure Prime 1 would probably go 1:3 with SW. That might piss off a lot of people, but their 1:3 stuff is amazing.

I know VIII was supposed to come out in May for sure, but they pushed that to December. I hope the May date for this sticks, and they stick with that from now on. I don't know if I'm going to see it yet or not. A big part of me thinks its SW so I've gotta see it, another part of me thinks I should stay at home and send Disney a message with my wallet not to f*** with any of The Big 3 characters. But them doing so might be the only way we might ever get to see a Shadows of the Empire movie. I'm still holding out hope for that.

I don't think anyone truly knows how licensing works. Prime 1 is an Asian based company, I think its Japan but I'm not 100%, and SS is the main US distributor. I would think if Disney can work a deal out with HT and have them sell their SW stuff through SS while SS makes basically the same kind of 1:6 stuff, I don't see why they can't make a deal with Prime 1. I'm sure Prime 1 would probably go 1:3 with SW. That might piss off a lot of people, but their 1:3 stuff is amazing.

I know VIII was supposed to come out in May for sure, but they pushed that to December. I hope the May date for this sticks, and they stick with that from now on. I don't know if I'm going to see it yet or not. A big part of me thinks its SW so I've gotta see it, another part of me thinks I should stay at home and send Disney a message with my wallet not to f*** with any of The Big 3 characters. But them doing so might be the only way we might ever get to see a Shadows of the Empire movie. I'm still holding out hope for that.

Oh I did. I bought like half the figures in the box, ha.

Yeah the licensing is so confusing. I wish they would just give it to any company willing to pay so we'd have more options. No way would I switch to 1:3 Star Wars statues, ha. By the way, how have we not talked about the price of BB-8? That thing is nearly $300!! Dawg, the companion piece for Lobo, was around $150, that's how much it should be.

I'm not going to watch it on principle. I don't want to encourage Disney to keep recasting all of the original characters and have them continue to make movies from the same era over and over. Honestly I'm just going to pretend the Han Solo movie doesn't exist. Just like there are no sequels to the Matrix. And there was never a 5th season of Chuck. Of course I'm sure people will still go multiple times just because it's a Star Wars movie and it will still do well in the theaters unfortunately. If they did a Shadows of the Empire movie, I think I would prefer it to be an animated film. Otherwise you're talking about recasting everyone.

When is Best Buy going to put up a preorder for Rogue One? I need to get that steelbook ordered! I haven't seen it since the theater either and would like to watch it again.

Yeah the licensing is so confusing. I wish they would just give it to any company willing to pay so we'd have more options. No way would I switch to 1:3 Star Wars statues, ha. By the way, how have we not talked about the price of BB-8? That thing is nearly $300!! Dawg, the companion piece for Lobo, was around $150, that's how much it should be.

I'm not going to watch it on principle. I don't want to encourage Disney to keep recasting all of the original characters and have them continue to make movies from the same era over and over. Honestly I'm just going to pretend the Han Solo movie doesn't exist. Just like there are no sequels to the Matrix. And there was never a 5th season of Chuck. Of course I'm sure people will still go multiple times just because it's a Star Wars movie and it will still do well in the theaters unfortunately. If they did a Shadows of the Empire movie, I think I would prefer it to be an animated film. Otherwise you're talking about recasting everyone.

When is Best Buy going to put up a preorder for Rogue One? I need to get that steelbook ordered! I haven't seen it since the theater either and would like to watch it again.

The price is so stupid on BB-8 it shouldn't even be mentioned lol. SS has lost their mind with the SW license. Their 1:6 are as much or more expensive than HT yet crappier. They are trying to get away with charging $2K on R2 LSF. That one really takes the cake, I hope they are stuck with that thing in the warehouse for years to come. I really think I'm done with SS. I'm not going to order Rey or Jyn, and I have no plans any longer to purchase any other wanted SW characters due to their escalating prices. Its getting near the time for me to sit back and enjoy what I have, especially since I have two 1:2 pieces coming.

I think a lot of SW fans will pretend the Han movie doesn't exist. I'm almost at a point where I'll pick my own SW canon. I don't really care what the Mouse says is or isn't canon. Now they are going out of their way to make sure they write over all the old stuff just so they can sell more books, comics, games etc. I knew it would happen, but now that I'm seeing it I'm not happy. Once they write over SotE that will pretty much draw a line in the sand for me.

Its supposed to be coming out April 4th, so its gotta be up for order any day now.

The price is so stupid on BB-8 it shouldn't even be mentioned lol. SS has lost their mind with the SW license. Their 1:6 are as much or more expensive than HT yet crappier. They are trying to get away with charging $2K on R2 LSF. That one really takes the cake, I hope they are stuck with that thing in the warehouse for years to come. I really think I'm done with SS. I'm not going to order Rey or Jyn, and I have no plans any longer to purchase any other wanted SW characters due to their escalating prices. Its getting near the time for me to sit back and enjoy what I have, especially since I have two 1:2 pieces coming.

I think a lot of SW fans will pretend the Han movie doesn't exist. I'm almost at a point where I'll pick my own SW canon. I don't really care what the Mouse says is or isn't canon. Now they are going out of their way to make sure they write over all the old stuff just so they can sell more books, comics, games etc. I knew it would happen, but now that I'm seeing it I'm not happy. Once they write over SotE that will pretty much draw a line in the sand for me.

Its supposed to be coming out April 4th, so its gotta be up for order any day now.

Ha! They just know Star Wars fans are crazy and will pay whatever they ask. So you're not going to order anything else? Man I wish I could get to that point. I need a woman so I can stop caring about statues. :p Jyn and Rey are still sitting on my maybe list as far as Sideshow statues go, but they aren't going to ship until 2018! I still want to track down some older ones like Grievous and Dooku. Those may be next on my list since the next XM piece I want is still not available to order even (Doc Ock). I may be interested in the XM Star Wars statues, but I feel like we're never going to see them.

I'm with you on the canon thing! I really liked all of the books I read before Disney threw them in the trash. Now they are very restricted on what they can write about it seems. Disney doesn't want them giving too much away because they may want to make a movie about it.

Ha! They just know Star Wars fans are crazy and will pay whatever they ask. So you're not going to order anything else? Man I wish I could get to that point. I need a woman so I can stop caring about statues. :p Jyn and Rey are still sitting on my maybe list as far as Sideshow statues go, but they aren't going to ship until 2018! I still want to track down some older ones like Grievous and Dooku. Those may be next on my list since the next XM piece I want is still not available to order even (Doc Ock). I may be interested in the XM Star Wars statues, but I feel like we're never going to see them.

I'm with you on the canon thing! I really liked all of the books I read before Disney threw them in the trash. Now they are very restricted on what they can write about it seems. Disney doesn't want them giving too much away because they may want to make a movie about it.

I don't really know for sure, but I've just been feeling less and less of a desire to continue. I'm sure I'll pick up a piece here or there, but I think it will be more impulse cherry picking when I find something I like that's in stock if I have funds. I'm just not liking the whole preorder thing anymore, tying up funds with either flex payments or having to sack money away until who knows when it finally gets in stock, having to go through delays and then finally getting a really shoddy product in the end with SS. Plus maybe once I stop this stupid addiction I can have more funds to go towards women :p.

Just seeing the 2018 date on Rey and Jyn just makes me even more 'meh on the whole collecting thing, and I'm sure it will be even longer before the SW XM stuff starts to arrive. Dooku is pretty hard to find, and I've seen him go for anywhere between $300 and $1000+. I'd never buy Grievous at this point because of how fragile that piece is, and there are definitely no replacement parts out there.

I still love quite a few old SW books too. And if they write over them with something that isn't better, the old books will always be canon for me. I guess the same thing could even be said about movies, because they could do a movie that writes over a book.

I don't really know for sure, but I've just been feeling less and less of a desire to continue. I'm sure I'll pick up a piece here or there, but I think it will be more impulse cherry picking when I find something I like that's in stock if I have funds. I'm just not liking the whole preorder thing anymore, tying up funds with either flex payments or having to sack money away until who knows when it finally gets in stock, having to go through delays and then finally getting a really shoddy product in the end with SS. Plus maybe once I stop this stupid addiction I can have more funds to go towards women :p.

Just seeing the 2018 date on Rey and Jyn just makes me even more 'meh on the whole collecting thing, and I'm sure it will be even longer before the SW XM stuff starts to arrive. Dooku is pretty hard to find, and I've seen him go for anywhere between $300 and $1000+. I'd never buy Grievous at this point because of how fragile that piece is, and there are definitely no replacement parts out there.

I still love quite a few old SW books too. And if they write over them with something that isn't better, the old books will always be canon for me. I guess the same thing could even be said about movies, because they could do a movie that writes over a book.

Prime 1 just announced they are doing Kingdom Come. So basically they'll release a Kingdom Come Batman then let the line fade away.

Yeah the preordering sucks. I used to like the flex payments, but now they annoy me. I hate having to pay for something (or even pay a deposit) then wait for well over a year before they ship it. And that's after countless delays on top of it.

That's too bad about Grievous. So basically I'm never going to get a Grievous because the XM one is going to be too big!

Prime 1 just announced they are doing Kingdom Come. So basically they'll release a Kingdom Come Batman then let the line fade away.

Yeah the preordering sucks. I used to like the flex payments, but now they annoy me. I hate having to pay for something (or even pay a deposit) then wait for well over a year before they ship it. And that's after countless delays on top of it.

That's too bad about Grievous. So basically I'm never going to get a Grievous because the XM one is going to be too big!

I just came here to post that Prime 1 announced the Kingdom Come line, but I see you did the same thing :p. I'd be willing to bet any statue of mine that they will make KC Supes. Prime 1 doesn't usually just release one piece from a line and then let it die. Sometimes it takes them a bit, but they are a company that really likes to milk a license for everything they can. And just from comments I've seen people want Supes the most.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee I'm at least done with preordering SS stuff. I hate the NRD, and its pointless to preorder anyways because its so rare that anything from SS sells out before it gets released anymore. People just don't trust their QC and they want to see the final product before ordering. It seems like I get super hyped when I preorder the piece, but then within three months or less I already lose interest because I'm making payments and I don't have anything to show for it, and I won't for like almost a year, and then the delays start.

Its not guaranteed that Grievous would break, but it seems like there are more Grievous(s? es? s'? I'm not sure how the plural of Grievous is spelled :rofl:) on eBay that have a part that's been glued because of a break, than ones that haven't. And the EX goes for like $1K sometimes on top of it. If you could find one at a Con that would be way safer.

I just came here to post that Prime 1 announced the Kingdom Come line, but I see you did the same thing :p. I'd be willing to bet any statue of mine that they will make KC Supes. Prime 1 doesn't usually just release one piece from a line and then let it die. Sometimes it takes them a bit, but they are a company that really likes to milk a license for everything they can. And just from comments I've seen people want Supes the most.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee I'm at least done with preordering SS stuff. I hate the NRD, and its pointless to preorder anyways because its so rare that anything from SS sells out before it gets released anymore. People just don't trust their QC and they want to see the final product before ordering. It seems like I get super hyped when I preorder the piece, but then within three months or less I already lose interest because I'm making payments and I don't have anything to show for it, and I won't for like almost a year, and then the delays start.

Its not guaranteed that Grievous would break, but it seems like there are more Grievous(s? es? s'? I'm not sure how the plural of Grievous is spelled :rofl:) on eBay that have a part that's been glued because of a break, than ones that haven't. And the EX goes for like $1K sometimes on top of it. If you could find one at a Con that would be way safer.

It's definitely frustrating waiting so long for all these statues to come out. I have a bunch of characters I want, but at this rate I'll be in my 50s before they get to most of them! It is hard to stay interested in this hobby with the snail pace it operates at. Now if I were a Batman fan I would be more than satisfied as the ratio of Batman (and supporting characters) statues to the rest of the DC universe is like 10:1.

Prime 1 will eventually make a KC Superman, but I can almost guarantee the first character they make will be Batman.

I'm pretty sure the plural of Grievous is Grieviosis, ha ha. The ex isn't a big deal because there are plenty of custom capes out there.

Well not the most exciting artwork, but here ya go:

r1steel.jpg

Here's the Target version:

rogue-one-target-digipack.jpg

And WalMart:

rogue-one-bd-combo-pack-wmt.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely frustrating waiting so long for all these statues to come out. I have a bunch of characters I want, but at this rate I'll be in my 50s before they get to most of them! It is hard to stay interested in this hobby with the snail pace it operates at. Now if I were a Batman fan I would be more than satisfied as the ratio of Batman (and supporting characters) statues to the rest of the DC universe is like 10:1.

Prime 1 will eventually make a KC Superman, but I can almost guarantee the first character they make will be Batman.

I'm pretty sure the plural of Grievous is Grieviosis, ha ha. The ex isn't a big deal because there are plenty of custom capes out there.

r1steel.jpg

And WalMart:

I think I'll be going with the Best Buy steelbook. I like the Death Troopers. But I agree, none of these are that outstanding. At least the movie is great.

Grieviosis LMAO!

Even as a Batman fan I find it a bit much. I don't know how many versions of a character someone needs. I suppose there are certain people out there that are waiting for one specific version of a character, so I guess for them its a good thing they make so many versions.

I blame Warner Bros for the lack of Superman popularity. He used to be the most popular superhero of them all for decades. After Superman IV they really didn't know what to do with the character. They had so many movie ideas that completely fell apart, some even while they were far into preproduction and it took them until 2006 before they finally made Superman Returns. And although I liked that movie, a lot of fans responded pretty mediocrely to it. And then after that Man of Steel had mixed reactions. Have you seen The Death of Superman Lives Documentary? That really gives an eye opening explanation of what goes on behind the scenes at Warner Bros.

I think I'll be going with the Best Buy steelbook. I like the Death Troopers. But I agree, none of these are that outstanding. At least the movie is great.

Grieviosis LMAO!

Even as a Batman fan I find it a bit much. I don't know how many versions of a character someone needs. I suppose there are certain people out there that are waiting for one specific version of a character, so I guess for them its a good thing they make so many versions.

I blame Warner Bros for the lack of Superman popularity. He used to be the most popular superhero of them all for decades. After Superman IV they really didn't know what to do with the character. They had so many movie ideas that completely fell apart, some even while they were far into preproduction and it took them until 2006 before they finally made Superman Returns. And although I liked that movie, a lot of fans responded pretty mediocrely to it. And then after that Man of Steel had mixed reactions. Have you seen The Death of Superman Lives Documentary? That really gives an eye opening explanation of what goes on behind the scenes at Warner Bros.

I actually like the Target cover the best, but I'll probably be getting the Steelbook as well. The WalMart cover would get torn.

I will have to check out that documentary. I don't get why it's so hard to write a good Superman movie. Heck I honestly think I could write a better one. I would have went with him being Clark at the Daily Planet with nobody knowing his secret identity for starters. Him as Clark is a huge part of who he is and his relationships as Clark are a big deal. I would have used the start of the movie to set that part up instead of wasting time on Krypton. I think having the people turn against him for destruction was a decent idea. I probably would have had Lex set something up where Superman saved everyone, but there would still be a high death toll for which Superman is blamed. Then in the second movie I would have Lex as president and Superman as a prisoner after voluntarily surrendering. Brainiac would be the villain, at which point the people would realize they need Superman and Lex would reluctantly have to ask for his help after he realizes he can't stop Brainiac. I mean something along those lines would be better than Warner Brothers just going high octane with Man of Steel. They had some decent ideas, they just didn't flesh it out well. Snyder is terrible when it comes to plot, he's all style and no substance. They are trying to catch up to the MCU too quickly without building up to it and Snyder doesn't have a grasp on what these characters stand for. Sorry I'm ranting, ha ha. But I also liked Superman Returns, they just shouldn't have rehashed the Lex land grab plot. They needed a better challenge and the super kid wasn't the best idea...

I actually like the Target cover the best, but I'll probably be getting the Steelbook as well. The WalMart cover would get torn.

I will have to check out that documentary. I don't get why it's so hard to write a good Superman movie. Heck I honestly think I could write a better one. I would have went with him being Clark at the Daily Planet with nobody knowing his secret identity for starters. Him as Clark is a huge part of who he is and his relationships as Clark are a big deal. I would have used the start of the movie to set that part up instead of wasting time on Krypton. I think having the people turn against him for destruction was a decent idea. I probably would have had Lex set something up where Superman saved everyone, but there would still be a high death toll for which Superman is blamed. Then in the second movie I would have Lex as president and Superman as a prisoner after voluntarily surrendering. Brainiac would be the villain, at which point the people would realize they need Superman and Lex would reluctantly have to ask for his help after he realizes he can't stop Brainiac. I mean something along those lines would be better than Warner Brothers just going high octane with Man of Steel. They had some decent ideas, they just didn't flesh it out well. Snyder is terrible when it comes to plot, he's all style and no substance. They are trying to catch up to the MCU too quickly without building up to it and Snyder doesn't have a grasp on what these characters stand for. Sorry I'm ranting, ha ha. But I also liked Superman Returns, they just shouldn't have rehashed the Lex land grab plot. They needed a better challenge and the super kid wasn't the best idea...

I can see that you've been thinking about this for awhile lol.

You've gotta watch this Kevin Smith thing about Superman Lives and Jon Peters (I can't find any versions without annoying subtitles):

I seriously wonder even how much of a difference a writer or a director makes when it comes to a WB superhero movie. It seems like the WB executives are all stooges that have absolutely no knowledge of the DC Universe, and they go out of their way to make to make sure they don't look at the actual source material, but just want to make sure that what the producer wants gets put into the movie. They go into that even more in the Death of Superman Lives documentary. But this shows just how much Jon Peters doesn't know about Superman, and their biggest goal was to make a movie that was super action packed and they didn't care how much it doesn't follow the source material. Its pretty clear WB got Snyder to deliver exactly what they were looking for with Man of Steel, which Jon Peters produced. I was waiting for WB to find their Kevin Feige but I don't even think that's something they would even want to do, I'm thinking this current DCEU is what they've wanted all along.

Last edited:
I can see that you've been thinking about this for awhile lol.

You've gotta watch this Kevin Smith thing about Superman Lives and Jon Peters (I can't find any versions without annoying subtitles):

I seriously wonder even how much of a difference a writer or a director makes when it comes to a WB superhero movie. It seems like the WB executives are all stooges that have absolutely no knowledge of the DC Universe, and they go out of their way to make to make sure they don't look at the actual source material, but just want to make sure that what the producer wants gets put into the movie. They go into that even more in the Death of Superman Lives documentary. But this shows just how much Jon Peters doesn't know about Superman, and their biggest goal was to make a movie that was super action packed and they didn't care how much it doesn't follow the source material. Its pretty clear WB got Snyder to deliver exactly what they were looking for with Man of Steel, which Jon Peters produced. I was waiting for WB to find their Kevin Feige but I don't even think that's something they would even want to do, I'm thinking this current DCEU is what they've wanted all along.

I'll have to check out those videos when I get home. I absolutely believe the execs at WB have no clue what they are doing. I think they just wanted mindless action movies like Transformers because they know the audience will eat it up (which the DCEU movies have been doing decent box office wise so far, just not with critics).

Have either of you ever suffered from insomnia? I've been going on a week now with hardly any sleep, pretty miserable at the moment. It sucks because I'm completely exhausted yet my brain still won't let me fall asleep.

I know, I must avoid Hasbro at all costs LOL.

Signatures aren't necessarily a deal breaker for me, as long as they aren't fake ones like SS's. If a company goes that route I'd prefer them to just leave the thing off entirely. I don't really have a paper or canvas preference. I do want to get a canvas eventually just because I don't have one. But I mainly collect movie posters, I have been since 2000, and use those as my wall art, I also have a couple SW Celebration prints. I don't have any super high end artwork though.

I think you're right about Flash, he will probably fall off over time. Its just a dumb design all around.

Bike parts are so much more important than SS's new Vader! The outfit looks good on it, but that's really it. I'm sure once you get XM's it will make all other Vader stuff completely irrelevant anyways.

Does anyone know when XM's next scheduled Con is?

So you guys both have the same problem? I hope I'm not next :ohno:.

I have a feeling SS will be able to deliver on Rey's tailoring. They are usually pretty good with their mixed media on their production pieces. Out of all the things I complain about this company for, tailoring is never one of them.

Agreed! Although, as good ad it is, it's still not as good as what they did in the past.

I think XM'S next con is in Sept. STGCC?

Yeah, I'm really into my bike now. Not that I'm not into statues anymore, I just want to get MAUL where I want him before he's too old. Lol! And, I really want to wait and see what XM does before dropping money on anything else. Including IS.

Look at the size of that thing! Damn that's huge! Why oh why can't we get SW statues like this?!

I went to cancel with my dealer but he said he'll keep my order in incase I change my mind. He said he can just list it in ebay if I still don't want it by the time he gets it in.

Yeah, R1 was supposed to be a May release. Same with EPVIII. I'll watch it, but I'll wait for bluray. It's important for me that Disney knows they can't just make what they want and shove it down our throats. That's GL'S job. Disney needs to make what the fans want.

IMO since TFA and R1 have both come out in December, they should just stick to that.

Yeah, it's important for me that Disney knows that they need to make what the fans want. I don't know of anyone who is begging for a Solo movie. However, seems there are plenty asking for Kenobi, Ahsoka, Maul, Vader, Boba Fett, and movies from the old Republic era.

I can't wait to see how big that thing is!

r1steel.jpg

And WalMart:

Sweet! I'll probably get this on download just to be able to see it a couple weeks before the Blu drops.

I'll have to check out those videos when I get home. I absolutely believe the execs at WB have no clue what they are doing. I think they just wanted mindless action movies like Transformers because they know the audience will eat it up (which the DCEU movies have been doing decent box office wise so far, just not with critics).

Have either of you ever suffered from insomnia? I've been going on a week now with hardly any sleep, pretty miserable at the moment. It sucks because I'm completely exhausted yet my brain still won't let me fall asleep.

I don't sleep much to begin with. Except when I'm sick (like today). 4 to 5 hours a night/ day is normal for me.

There are definitely similarities between Snyder and Michael Bay. But for me I almost look at Man of Steel as a cinematic masterpiece when compared against a Transformers movie, because of its absolutely amazing supporting cast, and I still like Cavill as Supes. But action wise it pains me to say they are very similar. The complaints about Superman Returns' lack of action from some fans could have pushed WB into what they did though.

Sometimes I can't sleep but its never anything that goes on for days. Unless I drink coffee past 11pm then I'm guaranteed to not fall asleep until 4 at the earliest lol.

Agreed! Although, as good ad it is, it's still not as good as what they did in the past.

Yeah, I'm really into my bike now. Not that I'm not into statues anymore, I just want to get MAUL where I want him before he's too old. Lol! And, I really want to wait and see what XM does before dropping money on anything else. Including IS.

Look at the size of that thing! Damn that's huge! Why oh why can't we get SW statues like this?!

I went to cancel with my dealer but he said he'll keep my order in incase I change my mind. He said he can just list it in ebay if I still don't want it by the time he gets it in.

Yeah, R1 was supposed to be a May release. Same with EPVIII. I'll watch it, but I'll wait for bluray. It's important for me that Disney knows they can't just make what they want and shove it down our throats. That's GL'S job. Disney needs to make what the fans want.

IMO since TFA and R1 have both come out in December, they should just stick to that.

Yeah, it's important for me that Disney knows that they need to make what the fans want. I don't know of anyone who is begging for a Solo movie. However, seems there are plenty asking for Kenobi, Ahsoka, Maul, Vader, Boba Fett, and movies from the old Republic era.

I can't wait to see how big that thing is.

Sweet! I'll probably get this on download just to be able to see it a couple weeks before the Blu drops.

I don't sleep much to begin with. Except when I'm sick (like today). 4 to 5 hours a night/ day is normal for me.

September? (n) I seriously hope they show all of their SW stuff this time. Its at a point where I have to say they are as bad as SS as far as teasing a license and showing products from it. When is Boba shipping?

I'm surprised you stuck with statues this long! Especially with how poor SS has gotten over the last few years. The bike is exactly what you needed! lol. I'm sure XM will deliver an awesome product to you, I just hope its soon. The year long+ wait already sucks when you are waiting for a piece you ordered, but having to wait a few years before it even goes up for order is unbearable.

I still haven't seen anyone that wants a Han movie. I'm almost hoping it bombs so Disney learns to start looking at what fans want to see.

I can't wait to see how big that thing is!

I don't blame you for being more into your bike right now, we've been talking about how frustratingly slow the statue hobby has been right now. They put something up for order then you have to wait over a year for it to ship, it's stupid. I really wish XM would get going on their Star Wars license...we're 2 years into it and they've released nothing.

Glad I'm not the only one taking a stand against this Han Solo movie! Now if we could just get other Star Wars fans to follow suit. You know a bunch of them will go multiple times even if they don't like it just because it's Star Wars.

Do they normally put up movies digitally before they release them on blu-ray?

Man I don't know how you operate on 4-5 hours. I am worthless on that little of sleep (which is about what I've been getting all week). It gets so frustrating when it takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to fall asleep every night. Last Thursday I laid in bed all night and never fell asleep.

There are definitely similarities between Snyder and Michael Bay. But for me I almost look at Man of Steel as a cinematic masterpiece when compared against a Transformers movie, because of its absolutely amazing supporting cast, and I still like Cavill as Supes. But action wise it pains me to say they are very similar. The complaints about Superman Returns' lack of action from some fans could have pushed WB into what they did though.

Sometimes I can't sleep but its never anything that goes on for days. Unless I drink coffee past 11pm then I'm guaranteed to not fall asleep until 4 at the earliest lol.

September? (n) I seriously hope they show all of their SW stuff this time. Its at a point where I have to say they are as bad as SS as far as teasing a license and showing products from it. When is Boba shipping?

I'm surprised you stuck with statues this long! Especially with how poor SS has gotten over the last few years. The bike is exactly what you needed! lol. I'm sure XM will deliver an awesome product to you, I just hope its soon. The year long+ wait already sucks when you are waiting for a piece you ordered, but having to wait a few years before it even goes up for order is unbearable.

I still haven't seen anyone that wants a Han movie. I'm almost hoping it bombs so Disney learns to start looking at what fans want to see.

Yeah Michael Bay is complete garbage. I'm pretty sure half of my top five least favorite films involve Bay, ha ha. Although I did enjoy the first Transformers movie. I like Cavill as Superman as well, I just don't think the movies have been that good.

XM is killing me! I think I told you my contact offered me that Vader dio and the Lukes, but I'm not committing money to something I've never even seen. I don't understand how they could take preorders without showing the product to anyone outside the convention. Not to mention that Vader dio will probably cost $500 to ship.

I don't blame you for being more into your bike right now, we've been talking about how frustratingly slow the statue hobby has been right now. They put something up for order then you have to wait over a year for it to ship, it's stupid. I really wish XM would get going on their Star Wars license...we're 2 years into it and they've released nothing.

Glad I'm not the only one taking a stand against this Han Solo movie! Now if we could just get other Star Wars fans to follow suit. You know a bunch of them will go multiple times even if they don't like it just because it's Star Wars.

Do they normally put up movies digitally before they release them on blu-ray?

Man I don't know how you operate on 4-5 hours. I am worthless on that little of sleep (which is about what I've been getting all week). It gets so frustrating when it takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to fall asleep every night. Last Thursday I laid in bed all night and never fell asleep.

Yeah Michael Bay is complete garbage. I'm pretty sure half of my top five least favorite films involve Bay, ha ha. Although I did enjoy the first Transformers movie. I like Cavill as Superman as well, I just don't think the movies have been that good.

XM is killing me! I think I told you my contact offered me that Vader dio and the Lukes, but I'm not committing money to something I've never even seen. I don't understand how they could take preorders without showing the product to anyone outside the convention. Not to mention that Vader dio will probably cost $500 to ship.

If fans stick to what I've seen them say in the comments sections, its possible quite a lot of fans might be sitting the Han movie out.

I enjoyed the first Transformers movie enough to buy the second one without seeing it first. I hated the second one so much I won't watch another one ever again lol. I think its my most regretted Blu purchase of all-time :LOL:.

I don't know how they could either, but people are buying it sight unseen because its SW. I wouldn't drop that much on it without seeing it first, but if enough people are buying it it might sell out before anyone outside of Asia gets to see it. XM has sure created a demand for their stuff unlike anything I've seen, considering people here are willing to drop 2 to 4 times the retail price of their stuff. I just hope the US gets to distribute their stuff eventually, in the meantime I'm thankful the US can sell Prime 1.

If fans stick to what I've seen them say in the comments sections, its possible quite a lot of fans might be sitting the Han movie out.

I enjoyed the first Transformers movie enough to buy the second one without seeing it first. I hated the second one so much I won't watch another one ever again lol. I think its my most regretted Blu purchase of all-time :LOL:.

I don't know how they could either, but people are buying it sight unseen because its SW. I wouldn't drop that much on it without seeing it first, but if enough people are buying it it might sell out before anyone outside of Asia gets to see it. XM has sure created a demand for their stuff unlike anything I've seen, considering people here are willing to drop 2 to 4 times the retail price of their stuff. I just hope the US gets to distribute their stuff eventually, in the meantime I'm thankful the US can sell Prime 1.

Oh man, that was a huge mistake on Transformers 2, ha! I went to that in the theater and actually started dozing off towards the end. That movie is in my top 5 worst movies ever made. Along with Bay's Pearl Harbor and Armageddon. Okay Armageddon might not be terrible, but when we first got to Iraq it was the only movie someone in my unit had so I had to watch it repeatedly. The ridiculousness of it got super annoying after a while.

I don't think U.S. will ever get to distribute XM stuff unless Sideshow goes bankrupt...which I wouldn't shed a tear over. I saw they listed their Jane Foster Thor today, I wasn't surprised at all to see her with one leg up.