STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Payment plans really do help, if I could get payment plans on XM's stuff then I'd more than likely get one. But it seems like they are really only focused on their Marvel stuff. I would have thought they'd be rushing to get a SW and a DC piece out to bring more customers into the brand. I'm wondering once they get all of these licenses going if they will stick to their 999 edition size.

I really love the speeder bike but I would have had to have planned ahead with a piece that huge. There is no way I could fit that into my collection. The regular Scout Trooper PF is cool but the pose looks a little silly.

Did SS have any new stuff out at Celebration? I know they showed some in-progress stuff in their video panel, but did they actually have anything new to show? Kind of a wasted opportunity IMO.

I can't imagine XM changing their edition sizes. They are much more in tune with the collecting community. They are re-doing their McFarlane Venom head after they started shipping the statue. Has SS ever done anything like that?

No, Sideshow didn't show anything new. Nothing surprising there. I keep hearing that Death Trooper PF has the biggest base ever. No surprise there either!

My friend was telling me Darth Vader #3 is selling for big bucks already. Apparently it introduced a character named Doctor Aphra that fans love.

• Thanks
Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
I can't imagine XM changing their edition sizes. They are much more in tune with the collecting community. They are re-doing their McFarlane Venom head after they started shipping the statue. Has SS ever done anything like that?

No, Sideshow didn't show anything new. Nothing surprising there. I keep hearing that Death Trooper PF has the biggest base ever. No surprise there either!

My friend was telling me Darth Vader #3 is selling for big bucks already. Apparently it introduced a character named Doctor Aphra that fans love.

The only thing I remember SS fixing is the Vader Mythos. When it started shipping it somehow had its fisted posed arm posed sideways instead of veritcally how it was supposed to be and SS sent out replacement arms that were made correctly to people that asked for one. They eventually fixed the arm for later batches, but if you were one of the ones from the early batches and you didn't ask for a new arm then you didn't get one.

I read people saying after seeing the Death Trooper piece in person they could justify thle price due to the huge base. I still wish SS would just make a smaller plainish base to keep the price down. Kylo has a massive base! I seriously can't think of a PF that has a circular base with the diameter of this thing.

I don't know why that Doctor Aphra is so popular. I guess a lot of chicks are reading SW comics? To this day I've never known a single girl thats ever read a comic. Granted I don't go to Cons but its like geek chicks just don't exist around here.

The only thing I remember SS fixing is the Vader Mythos. When it started shipping it somehow had its fisted posed arm posed sideways instead of veritcally how it was supposed to be and SS sent out replacement arms that were made correctly to people that asked for one. They eventually fixed the arm for later batches, but if you were one of the ones from the early batches and you didn't ask for a new arm then you didn't get one.

I read people saying after seeing the Death Trooper piece in person they could justify thle price due to the huge base. I still wish SS would just make a smaller plainish base to keep the price down. Kylo has a massive base! I seriously can't think of a PF that has a circular base with the diameter of this thing.

I don't know why that Doctor Aphra is so popular. I guess a lot of chicks are reading SW comics? To this day I've never known a single girl thats ever read a comic. Granted I don't go to Cons but its like geek chicks just don't exist around here.

Yeah I don't care for the huge bases, they are completely unnecessary!

I think a lot of girls read comics these days. Why do you think Marvel keeps changing the gender of all their heroes? I feel like I'm one of those old, grumpy comic book fans who hates all the new stuff now, ha.

At least I'm not a prequel hater. I'm already seeing lots of posts on the XM Vader set where people are saying nobody wants the Anakins and they're hoping each piece is sold separately. Screw them!

Rey EX went to wait list already.

Last edited:
XM posted this tease.

18010187_1852942201593137_3428613864459886517_n.jpg

Wow. The pose looks different here than it did in that computer image that popped up online so long ago. I wonder if they changed it, or if he has switch out parts. Or I wonder if this is a different piece entirely, maybe a Vader by himself or maybe a 1:4 Vader bust.

Yeah I don't care for the huge bases, they are completely unnecessary!

I think a lot of girls read comics these days. Why do you think Marvel keeps changing the gender of all their heroes? I feel like I'm one of those old, grumpy comic book fans who hates all the new stuff now, ha.

At least I'm not a prequel hater. I'm already seeing lots of posts on the XM Vader set where people are saying nobody wants the Anakins and they're hoping each piece is sold separately. Screw them!

Rey EX went to wait list already.

I'm definitely like one of those old grumpy people pretty much with everything, not just when it comes to changing comic characters from my childhood. "Get off my lawn you damn kids!" *runs outside and fires shotgun into the air three times* :LOL:

I'm more excited for the Anakin parts of this thing than the Vader part :rofl:. I'm definitely not hating on Vader but we've gotten so much Vader stuff over the decades I don't know how much new stuff they can give us from the character anymore. I hope Prime 1 gets the SW license. I'd love to see some 1:3 SW stuff.

Wow that was pretty quick for SS. I'm still passing for now, I'll see how I feel once she starts shipping.

Wow. The pose looks different here than it did in that computer image that popped up online so long ago. I wonder if they changed it, or if he has switch out parts. Or I wonder if this is a different piece entirely, maybe a Vader by himself or maybe a 1:4 Vader bust.

I'm definitely like one of those old grumpy people pretty much with everything, not just when it comes to changing comic characters from my childhood. "Get off my lawn you damn kids!" *runs outside and fires shotgun into the air three times* :LOL:

I'm more excited for the Anakin parts of this thing than the Vader part :rofl:. I'm definitely not hating on Vader but we've gotten so much Vader stuff over the decades I don't know how much new stuff they can give us from the character anymore. I hope Prime 1 gets the SW license. I'd love to see some 1:3 SW stuff.

Wow that was pretty quick for SS. I'm still passing for now, I'll see how I feel once she starts shipping.

Yeah young people started annoying me when I was in my mid-20s, ha. Now I can't stand them!

Isn't that the Attackus Vader pose you and Lou loved? I'm anxious to see this. I want to see how the Anakin face sculpts look so I know what to expect for future Lukes!

Prime 1 is the king of teasers. I feel like they tease something new every week, but they definitely aren't putting stuff up for sale that quickly. I don't get excited about anything they show anymore because it's unlikely we'll ever see it.

I was surprised when I saw the low stock alert on Rey over the weekend. I think the hype for Star Wars is at a high right now. Plus Rey is super popular among girls.

Yeah young people started annoying me when I was in my mid-20s, ha. Now I can't stand them!

Isn't that the Attackus Vader pose you and Lou loved? I'm anxious to see this. I want to see how the Anakin face sculpts look so I know what to expect for future Lukes!

Prime 1 is the king of teasers. I feel like they tease something new every week, but they definitely aren't putting stuff up for sale that quickly. I don't get excited about anything they show anymore because it's unlikely we'll ever see it.

I was surprised when I saw the low stock alert on Rey over the weekend. I think the hype for Star Wars is at a high right now. Plus Rey is super popular among girls.

I generally can't stand anything about my generation, all it does is whine and think its the greatest generation ever :rofl:.

I think the Koto Vader is the one you are thinking of. The pose looks exactly like the one XM just showed. Attakus has a museum pose too but his arms are hanging down by his side, not on his belt like Koto's and XM's. The Anakin face sculpts will probably make or break this dio. I heard people say that they really liked the Luke sculpt on whatever thing they saw it on last year. Not sure what production stage it was in though.

I don't think Prime 1 will have any of their newest teasers out for another couple of years. Maybe they'll get their Jim Lee stuff up for order by the end of the year if we are lucky. I bet their Kingdom Come stuff is 2-3 years out.

I think Celebration sent everybody into a SW frenzy. I bet a bunch of people that were at the Con probably ordered Rey after seeing her there.

I generally can't stand anything about my generation, all it does is whine and think its the greatest generation ever :rofl:.

I think the Koto Vader is the one you are thinking of. The pose looks exactly like the one XM just showed. Attakus has a museum pose too but his arms are hanging down by his side, not on his belt like Koto's and XM's. The Anakin face sculpts will probably make or break this dio. I heard people say that they really liked the Luke sculpt on whatever thing they saw it on last year. Not sure what production stage it was in though.

I don't think Prime 1 will have any of their newest teasers out for another couple of years. Maybe they'll get their Jim Lee stuff up for order by the end of the year if we are lucky. I bet their Kingdom Come stuff is 2-3 years out.

I think Celebration sent everybody into a SW frenzy. I bet a bunch of people that were at the Con probably ordered Rey after seeing her there.

Oh, I got them confused, my bad. Yeah I also heard the Luke sculpts were good. That gives me hope!

It's so frustrating waiting years for these statues to come out. Seriously it's ridiculous how long they take. That's why XM not doing anything at all with their licenses is killing me. We've waited 2+ years just to lay eyes on only their second SW statue.

People were definitely saying Rey looked good there. MYC said Jyn looked great as well and that's a good sign because he makes amazing customs himself.

So remember that huge cosmic Marvel reading list? I finished it! Now I need to figure out what's next because I want more Nova Corps and Guardians!

I don't think he is either, I'm thinking they just took it out of context to try to fool the audience. Although if he does I won't be that shocked as that would fit into that "its like poetry" thing Lucas talked about while making Ep. 1.

I will say Kylo is definitely one of the best made pieces I've seen from them in quite awhile. The paint quality on the figure and cut and sew elements are some of the best I've ever seen. And the pose really works on this one! The one downside I think this piece has is the paint quality on the bottom part of the base that's supposed to take its influence from Kylo's helmet looks a little cheap. They tried to dirty and scratch it up to give it that worn in look, but it just doesn't translate as well as the actual work they did on the helmet itself. I don't think its too much of a gripe for me as I never really liked that part of the base to begin with, I wish they would have just gone with the Takodana part. And that part they really pulled off amazingly! There is a lot of detail like twigs and stuff that I never realized were there on the preview pics but they are there in person and it looks really freaking cool!

Edit: took some pics of the helmet for you

34064028825_3c465b04c4.jpg

33907480132_088bd4d862.jpg

34064033995_6354bd4468.jpg

33221801984_9d1fed1ed8.jpg

Did you guys see the new Han and Luke PF's they teased?

17903977_10154657550292123_467457258476552484_n.jpg

They both have the same pose :rofl:.

Lmao! Both ESB I see. I'm not getting anymore Luke statues unless it's from the new movies.

Damn that looks good! I almost bought it today and backed out when I realized the Kylo motorcycle helmet is shipping soon. Funny how priorities change, lol! I want it still, but I think I might wait to see how the XM Boba looks in person. I don't know if I'll get all XM star wars statues yet, but there is the possibility. That said, that SS Kylo looks Amazing! I want it bad, but can't swing a $600 helmet and a $600 statue right now. Have funds allocated for bike parts and other gear too not to mention saving pennies for the XM Vader dio.

Yeah, everyone i talk to is talking about Grey Jedi this and Grey Jedi that. I'm a little sick of it TBH, lol! But, looks like they, Disney, is headed in this direction.

Nice! Those both look great.

Even I ordered the Kylo PF, join us! :p

I enjoyed your reaction video, thanks for posting. I'm okay with being underwhelmed by the teaser. I'd rather not see much before the movie anyhow.

I had a long weekend and was surprised you guys weren't discussing these two PFs. I'll probably pass on Han, I'm waiting on a company (XM) to make a sweet Han and Chewie that go together. Preferably a Han in his usual outfit. Luke I may get depending on how it looks because I'll get any Luke I like!

Speaking of XM, they announced all the statues they are showing at Thailand Comic Con this weekend and the Vader dio made the list!

How were your guys' Easter? I drove to Missoula and back for a concert on Friday night so I was pretty wiped out all weekend. Still had fun with the nephews yesterday.

It was good man. Went on a ride after spending time with the fam. Good way to spend 220 miles on a Sunday. Although, all the bugs on my freshly cleaned and waxed MAUL wasn't fun to get off.

Cool! I just hope they allow pics this time! What else did they list?

Thanks man. I was still groggy when we made it. I had to turn off the live stream when they were getting ready to play it because my wife wasn't ready which was very hard to do, so it almost didn't get made, lol!

Haha! I'm going to grab the Kylo bike helmet instead. Can't swing both without going over my hobby budget, so the Kylo helmet will do for now. I also want to see what XM has in store. We need pics of their stuff so I can fully decide if I'm jumping on board or sticking with SS.

Thanks man. :)

I think I might get the Bespin Luke to replace my Jedi Luke if this one doesn't have a lurching pose. I never really had a problem with the pose on the Jedi Luke but if I could have picked a different pose for it I would have lol. The headsculpt looks like it will be very good on this one too. I'll be passing on Han for sure, I'm going stick to Jedi and Sith characters from this point forward as far was SW goes. I've also been thinking a lot about picking up the new Maul, but I'm not sure if he'll fit in a besta, the way he's holding his saber makes it look like the piece is going to be very deep, especially judging it by the way it looks in the Sideshow video he was in with Sam Witwer. But if he fits I think I'm going to get him.

Ooooh finally! :thumbs: But is this going to be another one of those where they display it in one of those blocked off areas that doesn't allow photos?

My Easter weekend was pretty uneventful. I did do some grilling on Saturday though because it was 80 outside :D.

Yeah man! It was 70 here! I was actually sweating when riding. Felt good to have that again.

Exactly what I was thinking. I need to see these!

Yeah dude! MAUL is going to be big. Imagine what the XM size will be with part of the bike!

You and Lou are both going the Jedi-Sith route huh? I want to fill one Pax with troopers so I'm not going the same direction, ha. I actually have 6 Star Wars PFs ordered at the moment and 0 DC statues. I don't think Maul will fit in a Besta unless you get the Ex with only one blade.

Did you see all the figures Hot Toys announced like Hoth Leia, Jedi Luke, and royal guards? I wish I could have gotten into that scale, oh well.

I'm going to say that we will finally see the XM Vader. I'm really interested to see what it looks like.

Dang you stole our weather! It was almost 80 here last Thursday then it dropped back to the 40s. Still better than freezing with snow!

I hope we see him man.

Yeah, Force users only. For now. Unless XM shows their upcoming stuff and it all looks good, then I'm jumping ship entirely to XM.

I think that since I missed out on the Biker Scout and Captain Rex which are my 2 favorite trooper designs that just kinda killed any excitement I would have had for a trooper collection. You have 6 SW PFs on order? Plus Thanos and XM stuff? How much money do you have?!? LOL.

I kinda wish I would have gone the HT route with SW. I'm sure they will do all of my favorite characters and I could have gotten more characters from HT for the same price I paid for the SS stuff. Oh well.

What I really should be doing is selling off all my SS stuff so I have the funds and space available for the XM Maul and the Vader dio. If we actually get to see the dio this time around and its epic I may rethink some things.

I'm back in the 40's now too. I usually get a couple of really nice days in either late March or early April and then it drops back to the usual 40 degree temps. I agree though, its way better than snow!

Exactly. I need to see at least the Vader trio to make that move. And not just Vader. I need to see the Anakin sculpt.

I have a Captain Rex I'm getting ready to sell. Just sayin!

Ha, I've sold a bunch of figures and statues to fund new stuff. I need to start sorting out my Mattel DC figures to sell next. My Lobo PF is going to get sold as well. Plus I wouldn't be able to order so many statues without payment plans. No clue what I'll do when XM shows both of their Luke statues or their DC stuff, hopefully it's not until next year when everything else is paid off! I still need to figure out a way to fund doors for my cases as well.

Which scout trooper PF did you like? I can't wait to get my speeder bike displayed again. It's been boxed up for nearly 2 years.

Yeah, mine has been sitting in the closet for a few years now. I should just sell it.

I've heard of the character, but haven't ready any of the comics, and doubt I ever will. If it's not on video or a game, I'm not really interested. But, I will listen to someone explain the character to me. That's about it.

So the base alone makes the Death Trooper PF the $200 price hike, huh? If it were like the Captain Rex base or XM Boba base I could be more on board, but it's just flat.

XM posted this tease.

18010187_1852942201593137_3428613864459886517_n.jpg

Nice! Now they need to show the 2 Anakin pieces. I dig the pose. Just like the Koto piece they put up a few years back.

Same! It's the Anakin pieces that are the selling point for me. Although, they do have to get Vader right, and it looks like they have.

Lmao! I love when someone my age scoffs at me and my "crotchrocket" until I take off my helmet and they realize I'm not some young kid. It happens a lot. Even better when it's a couple, and the woman keeps staring. You know she wants a ride

Does XM do 1/4 busts?

It's also possible SS is playing people. They be don't it in the past to try and boost interest in the piece.

I used to own the Attakus Vader, and his pose is different. Not to mention the arms, hands, and boots are too big and just a little out of scale to the rest of the piece. I prefer the Koto pose which the XM version seems to have too.

Lmao! Both ESB I see. I'm not getting anymore Luke statues unless it's from the new movies.

Damn that looks good! I almost bought it today and backed out when I realized the Kylo motorcycle helmet is shipping soon. Funny how priorities change, lol! I want it still, but I think I might wait to see how the XM Boba looks in person. I don't know if I'll get all XM star wars statues yet, but there is the possibility. That said, that SS Kylo looks Amazing! I want it bad, but can't swing a $600 helmet and a $600 statue right now. Have funds allocated for bike parts and other gear too not to mention saving pennies for the XM Vader dio.

Yeah, everyone i talk to is talking about Grey Jedi this and Grey Jedi that. I'm a little sick of it TBH, lol! But, looks like they, Disney, is headed in this direction.

It was good man. Went on a ride after spending time with the fam. Good way to spend 220 miles on a Sunday. Although, all the bugs on my freshly cleaned and waxed MAUL wasn't fun to get off.

Thanks man. I was still groggy when we made it. I had to turn off the live stream when they were getting ready to play it because my wife wasn't ready which was very hard to do, so it almost didn't get made, lol!

Haha! I'm going to grab the Kylo bike helmet instead. Can't swing both without going over my hobby budget, so the Kylo helmet will do for now. I also want to see what XM has in store. We need pics of their stuff so I can fully decide if I'm jumping on board or sticking with SS.

Yeah man! It was 70 here! I was actually sweating when riding. Felt good to have that again.

Yeah dude! MAUL is going to be big. Imagine what the XM size will be with part of the bike!

I hope we see him man.

Yeah, Force users only. For now. Unless XM shows their upcoming stuff and it all looks good, then I'm jumping ship entirely to XM.

Exactly. I need to see at least the Vader trio to make that move. And not just Vader. I need to see the Anakin sculpt.

Yeah, mine has been sitting in the closet for a few years now. I should just sell it.

I've heard of the character, but haven't ready any of the comics, and doubt I ever will. If it's not on video or a game, I'm not really interested. But, I will listen to someone explain the character to me. That's about it.

So the base alone makes the Death Trooper PF the $200 price hike, huh? If it were like the Captain Rex base or XM Boba base I could be more on board, but it's just flat.

Nice! Now they need to show the 2 Anakin pieces. I dig the pose. Just like the Koto piece they put up a few years back.

Same! It's the Anakin pieces that are the selling point for me. Although, they do have to get Vader right, and it looks like they have.

Lmao! I love when someone my age scoffs at me and my "crotchrocket" until I take off my helmet and they realize I'm not some young kid. It happens a lot. Even better when it's a couple, and the woman keeps staring. You know she wants a ride

Does XM do 1/4 busts?

It's also possible SS is playing people. They be don't it in the past to try and boost interest in the piece.

I used to own the Attakus Vader, and his pose is different. Not to mention the arms, hands, and boots are too big and just a little out of scale to the rest of the piece. I prefer the Koto pose which the XM version seems to have too.

You know she wants a ride...LMAO! That's great and probably true! Can't wait to see the Kylo helmet, I bet it's badass.

I don't know anything about these grey jedi. How about I read the comics to explain those characters and you can explain the video game/animated characters to me!

I have a feeling you'll love the XM Fett. You'll just enjoy the feel of an XM piece, it's boxed like a collectible should be. Don't forget to do an unboxing video! Maybe you should do them for your bike helmets too.

The Vader dio was the only SW piece that XM had on the display list. And yes, they have made a few Marvel 1:4 scale busts.

True, SS has fake wait listed things before. Hopefully they aren't up to their old tricks.

Good to hear you had a nice weekend!

Oh, I got them confused, my bad. Yeah I also heard the Luke sculpts were good. That gives me hope!

It's so frustrating waiting years for these statues to come out. Seriously it's ridiculous how long they take. That's why XM not doing anything at all with their licenses is killing me. We've waited 2+ years just to lay eyes on only their second SW statue.

People were definitely saying Rey looked good there. MYC said Jyn looked great as well and that's a good sign because he makes amazing customs himself.

So remember that huge cosmic Marvel reading list? I finished it! Now I need to figure out what's next because I want more Nova Corps and Guardians!

The extreme wait as well as the super escalating prices is what is really turning me off from this hobby.

I think their Jyn is really going to turn out amazing, especially with the hat if they screw up the head sculpt lol.

You read all of those?!? And now you want more Marvel? I remember after I read the nearly 2,000 pages of Batman Knightfall I didn't even want to pick up another Batman comic for like a year.

I hope we see him man.

Does XM do 1/4 busts?

If Luke uses his saber in the new trilogy it could really excite me into looking for a new Luke statue. I totally hope he fights Kylo in this one or the next one!

Once you get the Kylo helmet you get to be Kylo as well as Boba! :D I'd love to see an unboxing video if you can do one! I wish I had a camera setup so I could do them.

What the hell is the Grey Jedi? LOL. I never read the SW forums so I have no idea whats going on.

I can't wait to see XM's Maul. I hope its so awesome that I literally can't refuse it even if that means I have to sell all of my SS stuff to fund it.

Thanks for offering Rex bud, but he wouldn't really fit into my collection since I'm not collecting troopers. I think I'm going to slim mine down to Jedi and Sith characters too.

LOL! She totally wants a ride alright!

XM did a really awesome 1:4 Venom bust, and its actually pretty huge. But I don't think I'd want something that takes up that much space when its really only a 1:4 bust.

You know she wants a ride...LMAO! That's great and probably true! Can't wait to see the Kylo helmet, I bet it's badass.

I don't know anything about these grey jedi. How about I read the comics to explain those characters and you can explain the video game/animated characters to me!

I have a feeling you'll love the XM Fett. You'll just enjoy the feel of an XM piece, it's boxed like a collectible should be. Don't forget to do an unboxing video! Maybe you should do them for your bike helmets too.

The Vader dio was the only SW piece that XM had on the display list. And yes, they have made a few Marvel 1:4 scale busts.

True, SS has fake wait listed things before. Hopefully they aren't up to their old tricks.

SS loves to do the fake waitlist, and even the fake sellout too. You never really know if its legit or not with this company.

I think they would have announced SW Busts ahead of time if that's what this was, but it looks quite a bit different than that digital rendering we saw. When is this Con again?

The extreme wait as well as the super escalating prices is what is really turning me off from this hobby.

I think their Jyn is really going to turn out amazing, especially with the hat if they screw up the head sculpt lol.

You read all of those?!? And now you want more Marvel? I remember after I read the nearly 2,000 pages of Batman Knightfall I didn't even want to pick up another Batman comic for like a year.

If Luke uses his saber in the new trilogy it could really excite me into looking for a new Luke statue. I totally hope he fights Kylo in this one or the next one!

Once you get the Kylo helmet you get to be Kylo as well as Boba! :D I'd love to see an unboxing video if you can do one! I wish I had a camera setup so I could do them.

What the hell is the Grey Jedi? LOL. I never read the SW forums so I have no idea whats going on.

I can't wait to see XM's Maul. I hope its so awesome that I literally can't refuse it even if that means I have to sell all of my SS stuff to fund it.

Thanks for offering Rex bud, but he wouldn't really fit into my collection since I'm not collecting troopers. I think I'm going to slim mine down to Jedi and Sith characters too.

XM did a really awesome 1:4 Venom bust, and its actually pretty huge. But I don't think I'd want something that takes up that much space when its really only a 1:4 bust.

SS loves to do the fake waitlist, and even the fake sellout too. You never really know if its legit or not with this company.

I think they would have announced SW Busts ahead of time if that's what this was, but it looks quite a bit different than that digital rendering we saw. When is this Con again?

That digital rendering was also a long time ago, they may have changed it...especially since it looked close to the PF that SS released. Thailand Comic Con starts on Friday!

Ha, yeah I still haven't wanted to read any Daredevil since that terrible return of Elektra story. The cosmic stuff was great though and it bounced around to different stories and characters constantly so I didn't feel bogged down. Maybe I'll start reading all the Marvel Star Wars stuff now.

Luke better use his saber in this movie! I expect epic-ness from him! Of course I don't know how limber Mr. Hamill is these days. May be more like ANH Obi-Wan.

I hope Jyn and Rey both turn out great! I can see why people are hesitant after Affleck Batman...

The wait times are killer. Sometimes you've lost interest after 18 months go by, but they already have you on the hook with that NRD. They really shouldn't be allowed to charge NRDs for things that aren't shipping within 6 months. That's my opinion anyhow.

That digital rendering was also a long time ago, they may have changed it...especially since it looked close to the PF that SS released. Thailand Comic Con starts on Friday!

Ha, yeah I still haven't wanted to read any Daredevil since that terrible return of Elektra story. The cosmic stuff was great though and it bounced around to different stories and characters constantly so I didn't feel bogged down. Maybe I'll start reading all the Marvel Star Wars stuff now.

Luke better use his saber in this movie! I expect epic-ness from him! Of course I don't know how limber Mr. Hamill is these days. May be more like ANH Obi-Wan.

I hope Jyn and Rey both turn out great! I can see why people are hesitant after Affleck Batman...

The wait times are killer. Sometimes you've lost interest after 18 months go by, but they already have you on the hook with that NRD. They really shouldn't be allowed to charge NRDs for things that aren't shipping within 6 months. That's my opinion anyhow.

I didn't realize it was that soon, thats great news! I supose its most likely that they just changed the piece after all this time.

I hope they got Hamill into fighting shape, if not they'll probably just CG him like Palps' fight in ROTS.

I hope Rey and Jyn turn out great too. I never have confidence in SS when it comes to human PFs. Either they screw up the sculpt or the paint. Their Affleck Batman is terrible. I have seen a couple people that were able to add some stubble shading and its actually okay, so I think that could be another case of SS just not knowing how to paint faces. They should just hire the guys from Hot Toys.

I can start losing interest after 5 months. By then it already feels like its been awhile and then I remember I'm not even halfway through the wait yet. I'm seriously going to change the way I order stuff. The no NRD on stuff that isn't out in six months sounds like a great idea! Either that or if its not out in six months they should refund you your NRD and let you keep your order.

Did you see this is still happening? :facepalm:: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supe...series-introduces-kal-els-grandfather-a150455

Last edited:
I didn't realize it was that soon, thats great news! I supose its most likely that they just changed the piece after all this time.

I hope they got Hamill into fighting shape, if not they'll probably just CG him like Palps' fight in ROTS.

I hope Rey and Jyn turn out great too. I never have confidence in SS when it comes to human PFs. Either they screw up the sculpt or the paint. Their Affleck Batman is terrible. I have seen a couple people that were able to add some stubble shading and its actually okay, so I think that could be another case of SS just not knowing how to paint faces. They should just hire the guys from Hot Toys.

I can start losing interest after 5 months. By then it already feels like its been awhile and then I remember I'm not even halfway through the wait yet. I'm seriously going to change the way I order stuff. The no NRD on stuff that isn't out in six months sounds like a great idea! Either that or if its not out in six months they should refund you your NRD and let you keep your order.

Did you see this is still happening? :facepalm:: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supe...series-introduces-kal-els-grandfather-a150455

They are still making that Krypton show? I forgot all about that. I can't imagine it will be any good on the SyFy channel. Pass for me.

I'm nervous about Rey and Jyn. I wanted to wait on ordering them until they shipped, but apparently I couldn't. Sigh. Stupid preorders! I'm sure I'll get mine last so I can cancel if in hand pictures suck.

I keep forgetting they can CGI everything now. I don't know if I want Luke fighting Kylo yet as I feel he would destroy him in a fight.

They are still making that Krypton show? I forgot all about that. I can't imagine it will be any good on the SyFy channel. Pass for me.

I'm nervous about Rey and Jyn. I wanted to wait on ordering them until they shipped, but apparently I couldn't. Sigh. Stupid preorders! I'm sure I'll get mine last so I can cancel if in hand pictures suck.

I keep forgetting they can CGI everything now. I don't know if I want Luke fighting Kylo yet as I feel he would destroy him in a fight.

I can't believe they are actually going make it. Who thought a show about Superman's grandpa was a good idea? I'm passing too, but at least this isn't on the CW.

It was a good plan to order Rey and Jyn because with the EX Rey already going to waitlist it probably won't be long for Jyn especially since she has a great EX.

I'm sure Luke would whoop Kylo especially since he just got his ass kicked by a girl that learned how to use the force like 5 minutes ago :p. Snoke better teach him to fight by the next movie.

I can't believe they are actually going make it. Who thought a show about Superman's grandpa was a good idea? I'm passing too, but at least this isn't on the CW.

It was a good plan to order Rey and Jyn because with the EX Rey already going to waitlist it probably won't be long for Jyn especially since she has a great EX.

I'm sure Luke would whoop Kylo especially since he just got his ass kicked by a girl that learned how to use the force like 5 minutes ago :p. Snoke better teach him to fight by the next movie.

Ha ha, I'm really, really hoping they reveal Rey's backstory involves previous training. Otherwise TFA will drop a little in my book. After a few more viewings of Rogue One, I like it more than TFA. The ending is just too good!

Maybe next we'll get a show about Batman's grandpa and how he raised Thomas Wayne to be a doctor. That sounds riveting!

Sideshow is really pumping out the Star Wars statues all of the sudden. Heck they still haven't put K-2SO up for sale either. I used to go straight to the DC statue forum on the Freaks board, now that's the last one I check (if I check it at all). That whole section is just threads on Batman statues or teases Prime 1 won't release.

Ha ha, I'm really, really hoping they reveal Rey's backstory involves previous training. Otherwise TFA will drop a little in my book. After a few more viewings of Rogue One, I like it more than TFA. The ending is just too good!

Maybe next we'll get a show about Batman's grandpa and how he raised Thomas Wayne to be a doctor. That sounds riveting!

Sideshow is really pumping out the Star Wars statues all of the sudden. Heck they still haven't put K-2SO up for sale either. I used to go straight to the DC statue forum on the Freaks board, now that's the last one I check (if I check it at all). That whole section is just threads on Batman statues or teases Prime 1 won't release.

They've gotta address that whole thing. I would rank TFA a lot lower if they leave that much of a plot hole in there, but I've always assumed they were just waiting to explain it in the next movie and they wanted leave the audience hanging there thinking WTF. I'm sure it will all connect to her mysterious backstory. I really love Rogue One, it feels complete, the ending scene with Vader is one of the most awesome scenes ever, and they had the balls to kill everyone off in the end like they should have.

LOL! That would finally be a Batman show I'd pass on.

Less than a year ago we were all complaining about how long they've neglected SW and now its way too much. But I like it much more this way, it gives me a lot to pick from. Although I'm still waiting on so may PT Jedi characters. I've got a feeling they probably won't get to those until after Disney is done with this current Trilogy, if they ever decide to make them at all. I still go straight to the DC part of the Freaks forum at least twice a day, I just love the Batman stuff Prime 1 is putting out :D.

You too man.

I kinda want to get it, but if I do, most of my SS collection will go bye bye. If I stick with Force users, I'll keep my SS Jedi, Sith, etc.

Lol! Deal! How about I make videos of me watching TCW!

I hear ya man. It actually feels good slimming it down. I do think I may have found a MAUL lsb for 350 tho. Now I need to sell Rex and Cody.

Yeah, it's weird. Apparently Grey Jedi means they balance the dark and light. Jinn was grey, apparently. Ahsoka in Rebels is considered grey because her lightsabers are white. Not sure if you heard, but lightsaber colors are no longer related to the crystals. It depends on the mood or state of the person handling it. Say for instance if Kylo had grabbed Luke's saber instead of Rey at the end of TFA , the blade would have turned red. Not sure what blue, green, yellow, or purple mean, but there it is.

I will definitely do an unboxing.

I bet episode 8 ends with Luke igniting his lightsaber.

Yeah, I mean, if Sam Jackson can do what he did in Clones and Sith, I don't see why Mark can't.

I take Rey's use of the Force more the Force is using her. It controls your actions but also obeys your commands. The Force is using her to protect her. Almost like possession. That's just my take on it. They'll probably explain it tho.

They've gotta address that whole thing. I would rank TFA a lot lower if they leave that much of a plot hole in there, but I've always assumed they were just waiting to explain it in the next movie and they wanted leave the audience hanging there thinking WTF. I'm sure it will all connect to her mysterious backstory. I really love Rogue One, it feels complete, the ending scene with Vader is one of the most awesome scenes ever, and they had the balls to kill everyone off in the end like they should have.

Less than a year ago we were all complaining about how long they've neglected SW and now its way too much. But I like it much more this way, it gives me a lot to pick from. Although I'm still waiting on so may PT Jedi characters. I've got a feeling they probably won't get to those until after Disney is done with this current Trilogy, if they ever decide to make them at all. I still go straight to the DC part of the Freaks forum at least twice a day, I just love the Batman stuff Prime 1 is putting out :D.

I know! Right?! Lol! Now we are flooded with SW PF's and I have no preorders. I tell you what tho, if I hadn't bought MAUL, I probably would have all of them on preorder.

You too man.

I kinda want to get it, but if I do, most of my SS collection will go bye bye. If I stick with Force users, I'll keep my SS Jedi, Sith, etc.

I hear ya man. It actually feels good slimming it down. I do think I may have found a MAUL lsb for 350 tho. Now I need to sell Rex and Cody.

Yeah, it's weird. Apparently Grey Jedi means they balance the dark and light. Jinn was grey, apparently. Ahsoka in Rebels is considered grey because her lightsabers are white. Not sure if you heard, but lightsaber colors are no longer related to the crystals. It depends on the mood or state of the person handling it. Say for instance if Kylo had grabbed Luke's saber instead of Rey at the end of TFA , the blade would have turned red. Not sure what blue, green, yellow, or purple mean, but there it is.

Yeah, I mean, if Sam Jackson can do what he did in Clones and Sith, I don't see why Mark can't.

I take Rey's use of the Force more the Force is using her. It controls your actions but also obeys your commands. The Force is using her to protect her. Almost like possession. That's just my take on it. They'll probably explain it tho.

I know! Right?! Lol! Now we are flooded with SW PF's and I have no preorders. I tell you what tho, if I hadn't bought MAUL, I probably would have all of them on preorder.

You totally should do videos of yourself watching TCW! It seems to be one of the popular things a lot of youtube people are doing.

That's a good deal for the Maul LSB you should snag it!

I heard people talking about the crystals from the new canon a couple of months ago. They were saying now if a Dark Side user uses the crystal it "bleeds" turning it red. Then I heard the rest of the colors were based on mood or whatever. This is dumb, how does this explain when Anakin grabs Dooku's saber in ROTS its still red while his stays blue, or once Anakin is being consumed by the Dark Side in ROTS his saber never turns red, and then when Vader grabs Luke's saber in ROTJ it stays green. This is just more crap they've come up with to either sell more books or just piss off SW fans by changing something that didn't need changing. I swear I am this close I----I to swearing off all of this new SW "canon". Rebels is already dead to me, glad that this next season will be its last. I'm not accepting this "mood" crap as canon either LOL.

People would be throwing their popcorn at the screen and then storming out demanding a refund lol. I'd say they'd never do that, but since they just left Luke chillin' up there on a cliff last time without a single line of dialogue they just might pull something like this :p. He looked to be in pretty good shape at Celebration so I'm hoping he's good to go for some lightsaber duels.

I'm really tempted to get the Jyn PF, but I really don't want to branch off into spinoff characters.

The Vader scene, the entire Scarif battle and the last scene with Jyn and Cassian on the beach. It was fantastic! I sure hope we get to find out more about Rey, I've been waiting two years to know more!

I know, we were complaining about no Star Wars stuff and now there's a bunch of it and I'm the only one buying it all, ha ha. The Prime 1 Batman stuff is really awesome, I just wish they'd give us some of the non-Batman characters they keep promising.

You too man.

I googled the grey Jedi, it's an odd concept. Doesn't Mace use a fighting technique that is borderline dark side? The whole mood or person handling the lightsaber makes no sense! Who the heck came up with that idea? Josh already pointed out all of the inconsistencies so I'm not going there.

I'm looking forward to your unboxing videos! Are you guys as excited as I am to see the full XM Vader reveal? I feel like it's been Christmas Eve for two years and Friday (or maybe even tomorrow) is FINALLY Christmas morning, ha ha.

Are you getting back into collecting LSB for Jedi/Sith?

You totally should do videos of yourself watching TCW! It seems to be one of the popular things a lot of youtube people are doing.

That's a good deal for the Maul LSB you should snag it!

I heard people talking about the crystals from the new canon a couple of months ago. They were saying now if a Dark Side user uses the crystal it "bleeds" turning it red. Then I heard the rest of the colors were based on mood or whatever. This is dumb, how does this explain when Anakin grabs Dooku's saber in ROTS its still red while his stays blue, or once Anakin is being consumed by the Dark Side in ROTS his saber never turns red, and then when Vader grabs Luke's saber in ROTJ it stays green. This is just more crap they've come up with to either sell more books or just piss off SW fans by changing something that didn't need changing. I swear I am this close I----I to swearing off all of this new SW "canon". Rebels is already dead to me, glad that this next season will be its last. I'm not accepting this "mood" crap as canon either LOL.

People would be throwing their popcorn at the screen and then storming out demanding a refund lol. I'd say they'd never do that, but since they just left Luke chillin' up there on a cliff last time without a single line of dialogue they just might pull something like this :p. He looked to be in pretty good shape at Celebration so I'm hoping he's good to go for some lightsaber duels.

I'm really tempted to get the Jyn PF, but I really don't want to branch off into spinoff characters.

Yeah the crystal thing makes zero sense. I wonder what color stands for aroused, ha. And wouldn't have Anakin's lightsaber changed to red when he was slaughtering all of those sand people?

I liked Rogue One too much, had to get Jyn. When I first saw the movie in the theater I thought K-2SO was the best character, but now I like most of the human characters more than him.

So I'm getting stuff together. Here are some crappy cell phone pictures. I wonder what kind of high resolution camera I would need to take better pictures. I'm not seeing any of that glare in person. In fact, I think all my statues look much better against a black background compared to white. Daredevil especially looks good. Power Girl was the only DC statue I had that would fit into a Besta so she gets to be on display for now. I need to fix my 2x2 Besta, all the doors are making it lean forward slightly.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Punisher was crazy to put together. Thank goodness there was an instruction booklet that labeled where everything was in the box. I actually had to use a screw driver on part of it, can't say I've ever had to do that for a statue before!

IMG_0192.jpg

Last edited: