SteelBook™ display stands - What do you use?

May 15, 2013
UK
I'm sure we're all familiar with these beauties (as seen on www.bluraysteelbooks.com):

sb3-150x150.jpg

And these acrylic stands (available on eBay) also seem popular:

[media=youtube]T_DqWVo7TTQ[/media]

But what other alternatives are out there for displaying SteelBooks?

I'm curious to know what you guys use to display your SteelBooks on the shelf, or for taking pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked these up from a local sports trophy emporium. They're made from black Polystone and are uber shiny. They look and feel like Onyx.
They hold a Steelbook perfectly, even T2 with its slipcase. They have rubber feet and look ultra sexy. Only cost me £3.50 each. The guy said that he can even arrange engraving if I so choose.

STAND-01_zps6d353344.jpg

STAND-02_zps3d7d26c3.jpg

STAND-03_zps71233ca9.jpg

STAND-04_zpsbb45e886.jpg

STAND-05_zps8af8db77.jpg

T2-STAND_zps41d1a053.jpg

I picked the shelf unit up from a local thrift store. It's made from solid pine is heavy and rock solid. I'm going to sand it down and then paint it white before hanging it up on my just painted wall. It has 3 shelves, each holding 62 Steelbooks plus a top shelf that I can utilise to showcase prime Steelbooks. Not bad for £25 notes. Just wish I had another one for the 220 Steelbooks still in Phils.

DSCF0037_zps78e7481c.jpg

Last edited:
I just recently got the single stand from my local Michael's. The white part is coated so it wont scratch the steel, and it rotates so you can angle it more or less, but it has a good bit of tension so your steelie wont push the back down
j602.jpg

3lby.jpg

wvu5.jpg

p7c1.jpg

Reactions: Heche1981
I must say, I do like the look of that stand, dfoles! I like how the vertical part pivots, but isn't sprung, meaning you can lean the SteelBook further back if need be. This is definitely one of the nicer display stands I've seen in this thread so far!

Reactions: dfoles
I just recently got the single stand from my local Michael's. The white part is coated so it wont scratch the steel, and it rotates so you can angle it more or less, but it has a good bit of tension so your steelie wont push the back down
wvu5.jpg

I looked for stands like that for the longest time but could never find any locally:( That was before I started using the HDN stands though:)

Last edited:
I must say, I do like the look of that stand, dfoles! I like how the vertical part pivots, but isn't sprung, meaning you can lean the SteelBook further back if need be. This is definitely one of the nicer display stands I've seen in this thread so far!

Thanks! Like I said, I got it at my local Michaels in the framing department with the plate hangers and easels. Maybe $3?

But I definitely like the rotating back to angle it as you please

Picked these up from a local sports trophy emporium. They're made from black Polystone and are uber shiny. They look and feel like Onyx.
They hold a Steelbook perfectly, even T2 with its slipcase. They have rubber feet and look ultra sexy. Only cost me £3.50 each. The guy said that he can even arrange engraving if I so choose.
STAND-01_zps6d353344.jpg

STAND-02_zps3d7d26c3.jpg

STAND-03_zps71233ca9.jpg

STAND-04_zpsbb45e886.jpg

STAND-05_zps8af8db77.jpg

T2-STAND_zps41d1a053.jpg

I picked the shelf unit up from a local thrift store. It's made from solid pine is heavy and rock solid. I'm going to sand it down and then paint it white before hanging it up on my just painted wall. It has 3 shelves, each holding 62 Steelbooks plus a top shelf that I can utilise to showcase prime Steelbooks. Not bad for £25 notes. Just wish I had another one for the 220 Steelbooks still in Phils.

DSCF0037_zps78e7481c.jpg

Wow! Those look really classy. I will have to prganize a trade with you in the future so I can talk you into sending me some of those as well!
By far my favorite through the thread. :thumbs:

Reactions: Blu-devil

STAND-01_zps6d353344.jpg

STAND-02_zps3d7d26c3.jpg

These look really nice, do you have a order code and name of shop you got them from?

Ron

I use these picture frame ledges from IKEA to display a few steels the only £7 each as well and hold 8 :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,340