Steelbook / Ironpack Controversy Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, they'll still be produced in China ... and many folks will import still. (maybe.) But yeah an overall ban would deter all the normal consumer sales. nice find by SBH btw, good site and peeps.

what is the problem of Ironpack?
it came to the market with it's own identity. i like it and give me a good feeling..........

i hope more and more collectors will like it as well. let's see, as i heard Avatar is using Ironpack in Asia. after April 22; everyone will see what is the different if Ironpack

what is the problem of Ironpack?

They copied another companies design (poorly) and costs more money to buy.

it came to the market with it's own identity.
No it didn't, it stole someone elses design, while attempting to **** their identity in the process.

Avatar is using Ironpack in Asia. after April 22; everyone will see what is the different if Ironpack

A SteelBook collector will not be going out of their way to import an Avatar IronPack from China when they can import an Avatar SteelBook from the UK.

As there have now been 3 IronPacks released in Canada, 1 in Europe and 1 in China, most people have already seen the IronPack design, and most have agreed that it is just a cheap knockoff SteelBook unworthy of collecting at the price point it is being sold at.

This is just my opinion, and i know you have your opinion, but i don't think IronPack will be a success at all.

No it didn't, it stole someone elses design, while attempting to **** their identity in the process.

A SteelBook collector will not be going out of their way to import an Avatar IronPack from China when they can import an Avatar SteelBook from the UK.

As there have now been 3 IronPacks released in Canada, 1 in Europe and 1 in China, most people have already seen the IronPack design, and most have agreed that it is just a cheap knockoff SteelBook unworthy of collecting at the price point it is being sold at.

This is just my opinion, and i know you have your opinion, but i don't think IronPack will be a success at all.

let's open our eyes and clam down to see.........
is pepsi a copy of coca-cola?

lol no ... but they both use an aluminum can ... where as IronPack and SteelBook are not both using the same case ... they are different in metal.

Are you a representative of IronPack?

I think that the creators of IronPack were trying to get as many copies as possible out there in hopes that the average person would just be like "Oh look a metal case, I want that one", obviously the people on this forum are smarter than that.

there's still idiot's out there like "oh Well,I'll buy it still"...with the iron pak's

so they will be still around because people buy them & i really blame future shop here in canada for even selling them...why would they be okay with it when steel book's were first around then a knock off come's around selling for Even price as the real thing....

I think that the creators of IronPack were trying to get as many copies as possible out there in hopes that the average person would just be like "Oh look a metal case, I want that one", obviously the people on this forum are smarter than that.

I did this when I was purchasing steelbooks for peeps on here. I went into futureshop to get whatever it was that came out that day and i saw the Terminator Salvation one there and I thot, "hey, i wonder if the guys know aboiut this one" so I bought 3. Turns out no one wanted them so I took them all back, lol.

PS...I'm not a collector myself.

there's still idiot's out there like "oh Well,I'll buy it still"...with the iron pak's

so they will be still around because people buy them & i really blame future shop here in canada for even selling them...why would they be okay with it when steel book's were first around then a knock off come's around selling for Even price as the real thing....

I love steelbooks, but I buy most exclusives, including iron packs. Thats the nature of a collector. And my wife probably agrees with you that I'm an idiot. However, Future Shop is catering to collectors, and I for one am going to support them. I love what they have been giving us and I don't want it to stop.

I love steelbooks, but I buy most exclusives, including iron packs. Thats the nature of a collector. And my wife probably agrees with you that I'm an idiot. However, Future Shop is catering to collectors, and I for one am going to support them. I love what they have been giving us and I don't want it to stop.

It's addictive, I've fallen into that already. I support FS and their initiative to provide what the people want!

I dont mind Ironpack so much, but I do mind that they are subject to get damaged more easily than SteelBooks from my experiences. Its already hard enough keeping the Steelbooks in good condition let alone throwing in a damage prone product.

Granted, I guess its not that big of a deal if you got them in stores locally as you can pick out the best one. But this online ordering is like a crap shoot.

I purchased the Sherlock holmes Ironpack from futureshop and I am very happy with it. It seems to be good quality.

Yeah, I dont think its so bad if you get to pick them out yourself.

Hi All, I have the Avatar, Terminator Sal, Harry Potter and Ice Age Iron Packs, and they all look very good. I am not thrilled with the hinge, but the art work on are just as visually appealing, as their SB counterparts. I look forward to seeing others:)

I dont even mind the hinge so much, I like how the artwork in the inside is on the inside hinge. I just dont like all the small lil scratches mine had :( ... that Terminator Salvation artwork was niiiice.

I dont even mind the hinge so much, I like how the artwork in the inside is on the inside hinge. I just dont like all the small lil scratches mine had :( ... that Terminator Salvation artwork was niiiice.

Wreck, that stinks-which one was scratched, or do you just mean scratches on Iron Packs, in general?

I did some reading on this and as far as I can tell, The designers (who made steelbooks), also designed Iron-Packs). I have both and even though I prefere steelbooks, I would buy an Iron-Pack if it was only other option.

Lets look at some of those great steelbooks, like Iron-Man, that are selling for over $300 now, because steelbooks were just starting out. I'd rather not pay 8 times it's supposed worth, because someone wants to be greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.