SteelBook Predictions for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I thought this could be a fun thread, what are your predictions of upcoming titles that you think will get SteelBook treatment?

I'll start with a few ...

2012 (a few countries)
Sherlock Holmes (maybe 1 or 2 countries?)

this is hard thinking about it, i think the a-team will get a steel release, robin hood if its released by the end of the year..depends what film will be summer blockbusters

Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1 & 2
Fantasia
Dumbo

The Disney steelbooks could easily fly off the shelves! Avatar is a no brainer with the amount of money made to date it should be easy to sell.

Hey Dumbo would really be sweet :)

Hope the rest of Bond comes...

And i would like to see both Hulk's as Steelbook

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this could be a fun thread, what are your predictions of upcoming titles that you think will get SteelBook treatment?

I'll start with a few ...

2012 (a few countries)
Sherlock Holmes (maybe 1 or 2 countries?)

WHO'S THE MAN NOW!? Already got 2 of my predictions right and we all know Avatar is gonna' get it! :cool:

So many to possibly make, but I cannot see any real reason that Blu-ray Steelbooks should be limited to just the very popular movies. Why not make an option for us to choose from?

I inquired from Scanavo (the actual makers) to make some individual ones and they said that someone has to order a quantity of 5,000 to make one. Otherwise, they will not make one. These always seem to sell out rather quickly, but i see no reason why they cannot make one upon a customer's request. It should cost extra, but it couldn't be that bad of a price.

There are plenty of older movies that should get the steelbook treament and if it cannot be done the steelbook way, what about the Iron Pack? If that is similar in every way, but made with different material, then shouldn't that be a decent replacement? I haven't seen an Iron Pack, so i'm guesing.

So many to possibly make, but I cannot see any real reason that Blu-ray Steelbooks should be limited to just the very popular movies. Why not make an option for us to choose from?

I inquired from Scanavo (the actual makers) to make some individual ones and they said that someone has to order a quantity of 5,000 to make one. Otherwise, they will not make one. These always seem to sell out rather quickly, but i see no reason why they cannot make one upon a customer's request. It should cost extra, but it couldn't be that bad of a price.

There are plenty of older movies that should get the steelbook treament and if it cannot be done the steelbook way, what about the Iron Pack? If that is similar in every way, but made with different material, then shouldn't that be a decent replacement? I haven't seen an Iron Pack, so i'm guesing.

Could we ask them to reprint PotC 1 and 2 with the appropriate number of slots, and Hurt Locker as a Blu-ray size Steelbook?

Could we ask them to reprint PotC 1 and 2 with the appropriate number of slots, and Hurt Locker as a Blu-ray size Steelbook?

That wont happen, as they only print to fulfill retailer orders. The Hurt Locker was made DVD size on purpose, to save $$$ ... it was Best Buy's doing.

North America right now only has the option to make steelbooks in DVD size. So its cheaper to make them here than import them from Europe just for correct size. I hope/presume eventually BB will catch on and go the import route sooner rather than later (at some point the Scanavo factory in Ohio should get the ability to make them blu-ray size though) but when they do low qty #s like The Hurt Locker and sell out of them all its a little hard to prove to Best Buy that they arent doing well. :rolleyes:

Now the stickerbook LOTRs come into play lol ... and they are selling out of those, looks like American SteelBook market are screwed for a while in terms of collectors like us getting Blu-ray sized steels. :p

North America right now only has the option to make steelbooks in DVD size. So its cheaper to make them here than import them from Europe just for correct size.

So why are Wall-E, Bug's Life, Cars, etc., all Blu-ray size? Were these made in Europe, imported, but sold at U.S. Best Buy's as U.S. versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.