Stephen King's It (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 19th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday November 5th at 6pm UK Time)
Price: £15.99

1.jpg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's back working now
There has been a major cyber attack today affecting lot of website servers it's in the news
Some websites are switching servers due to this but most are back online now
Thanks Paul:notworthy::thumbs:, I had no idea... I'll try it again now:happy:

Edit.. still not working for me.. knowing my luck this will come back in stock while I can't access the zavvi site:rofl:

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks Paul:notworthy::thumbs:, I had no idea... I'll try it again now:happy:

Edit.. still not working for me.. knowing my luck this will come back in stock while I can't access the zavvi site:rofl:
Yes Zavvi website down again and back again
It's DDoS attacks on servers so it might be down again later
I'm surprised HDN not down :rofl:
I'm glad I no longer play games online I expect that's going to be a headache for those that do

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Yes Zavvi website down again and back again
It's DDoS attacks on servers so it might be down again later
I'm surprised HDN not down :rofl:
I'm glad I no longer play games online I expect that's going to be a headache for those that do

It's still not working for me on my phone but it's working on my laptop so I'll have to use that to check on this release. was online gaming earlier without issue, seems to only be affecting my phone at the mo.

After some of the negative comments i've been reading on this forum i wasn't holding out much hope, but............just this minute opened it and this is a really good steelbook. Yes, the colour of IT's hair is alot darker on the steelbook than on the j-card, there for all to see. And, ss i said before, i personally would have liked to see the ITs evil clown face - to contrast with the front. No matter. The gloss finish is excellent, the image on the front is very good, and get this ( i haven't noticed anybody pick up on this yet) the eyes and nose are reflective when the steelbook catches light at a particular angle. When this happens then the nose is a much lighter red than the hair and lips ( which retain their same colour as when the 'book is held flat), and tge eyes.......well,

.........and the eyes........well, the pupils are kind of a shimmering metalic light blue - i think these are really nice touches and i wasn't expecting that at all. Surprised nobody mentioned this in other posts. Like i said, personally i really like this steelbook.

The person doing the colour picking for this SB. Lets just say they must of been having a bad day. Way to dark. Artwork is really good, spot glossing on the eyes and mouth nice touch. Was really looking foward to this as well. A real classic film, had to buy the standard bluray as well just for the artwork. At least they got the colour right.

I contacted zavvi and asked when their cancelled/unpaid it steelbook's orders were going to be live .. they replied that they are out of stock and the steel won't be going on sale again:confused::rofl: helpful as ever:smuggrin:

I contacted zavvi and asked when their cancelled/unpaid it steelbook's orders were going to be live .. they replied that they are out of stock and the steel won't be going on sale again:confused::rofl: helpful as ever:smuggrin:
Well to be fair, zavvi didn't actually put this on sale until very very late before release as a preorder so I would be surprise if there was any cancellations for this order. There me be the odd return but I doubt it given zavvis awful returns policy and the fact these are selling for well over twice the price on the secondary market.

are you sure it was a human responding to your email?

in my experience you have to have at least 3 email exchanges before you actually get to communicate with a human.

in all the years i have been steelbook collecting, zavvi sold out doesnt mean sold out. just means temporarily out of stock. or, in this case, being with-held for the Halloween promotion

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
are you sure it was a human responding to your email?

in my experience you have to have at least 3 email exchanges before you actually get to communicate with a human.

in all the years i have been steelbook collecting, zavvi sold out doesnt mean sold out. just means temporarily out of stock. or, in this case, being with-held for the Halloween promotion

When I read the email my first thought was that they didn't even check it out at all, just saw it was out of stock without looking further into what I asked which was about rejected card orders etc going back up for sale.. there response was not accurate and I believe that this will come back in stock but I think it will be a very low amount, so I think anyone that wants this should stay glued to this thread cos as soon as someone sees it come back in stock they will post it here and in the price drop/back in stock thread.:happy: good luck to all of us, this will come up once and be gone quick I'm sure.

After I got their reply I couldn't be bothered to continue with the conversation as like you said it would be a lot of back and forth before you'd get the true situation

• Thanks
Reactions: levi
I wish people would quit making excuses for poor quality products. This should never had got past the sample stage. The face should be brilliant white and hair fire red.

But hey, who cares when customers will defend a half ass job.

We don't buy steelbooks for meh belongings. A £15 steel should still be premium quality

The truth is that people will still buy it, and most SteelBooks are not this bad from Zavvi.

It's really a shame with this SteelBook. It could've looked so much better with bright colours especially with pictures of a freaky clown on the cover. Such a missed opportunity, but again, yes, for 15 GBP you can't expect too much. They are cranking them out in record numbers and in general SteelBook collectors have more selection than ever.

This is how it actually should have looked like:
14717327_1500718589944690_7275529052607136419_n.jpg

The final product came out w/ way too dark colors but Warner decided to realease it anyway ...

• Thanks
Reactions: levi
This is how it actually should have looked like:
14717327_1500718589944690_7275529052607136419_n.jpg

The final product came out w/ way too dark colors but Warner decided to realease it anyway ...
It's really a moot point right now.

I don't think they mind too much! And neither does the public by the look of things. Sold out in all countries during preorder stage.......

(I disregard the German one as it's an inferior print....)

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I suppose after seeing how the colors came out, Warner decided to cut the number of copies, resulting in the unforseen demand because of the limitation.
No. The allocation/print run just sold out!

There is a big following of this particular film and Stephen Kings work in particular and I think that might have been a little underestimated.