Stephen King's It (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 19th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday November 5th at 6pm UK Time)
Price: £15.99

1.jpg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This gave me nightmares as a kid. Maybe I have caulrophobia, since I feel really uncomfortable seeing clowns even nowadays, I just hate them, gives me the creeps! It's been years since I saw this.

Hmm I've just noticed the steelbook is 192mins but the normal bluray is 180mins

I think the 180 mins run time is an error. The BBFC classified it again recently, listing it at 187 mins. Baring in mind that's probably the DVD with the usual PAL speed-up logic applied. However both releases are the same duration. :)

RE: CHRISTINE - soon available in smart Criterion style clear white plastic packaging (along with about half-a-dozen other interesting - for me - titles which I've pre-ordered (Powerhouse Films Indicator Series) and thinking that a steelbook may be a long time a comin' . . . alas.

RE: IT (Amaray) - pre-ordered from HMV a few days ago as one of their "5 for GBP 30" promotion (dispatched to me today) as I've never watched it and if I like it I'll be ordering this very good looking steelbook at some point (loving those strong colours which should make for a very dramatic steelbook front . . . if glossy :thumbs:).

RE: RUNTIME - The 5 minute discrepancy is reportedly down to the fact that both parts were merged into one film and part of the end credits for part one and opening credits for part two were removed, along with a couple of scenes of the adult characters arriving in Derry. In total, about five minutes cut out bringing the runtime down from 192 to 187 mins so I'm guessing the correct runtime for the film should read 187 approx.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
RE: IT AMARAY RELEASE ARTWORK - No mention in the listings of a slipcover here in the U.K. (and for 6 quid not really complaining tbh) with the art for that edition taken directly from one of the original posters which some may prefer - I personally prefer the big head artwork for the steelbook especially if glossy to make the colours "pop":-
162181_large.jpg

@C.C. 95 - you guys in The States are usually more fortunate than us in the U.K. with slipcovers and was wondering if your recently released Amaray comes with one ?

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
CHRISTINE soon available in smart Criterion style clear white plastic packaging (along with about half-a-dozen other interesting - for me - titles which I've pre-ordered (Powerhouse Films Indicator Series) and thinking that a steelbook may be a long time a comin' . . . alas.

RE: IT - pre-ordered the Amaray from HMV a few days ago as one of their "5 for GBP 30" promotion (dispatched to me today) as I've never watched it and if I like it I'll be ordering this very good looking steelbook at some point (loving those strong colours which should make for a very dramatic steelbook front . . . if glossy :thumbs:).
If the amaray has better art than the (not good) steelbook art - I'll go with the amaray with the clear slip.

Clear slips often have writing or designs that overlay the images on the amaray/steelbook...
Stephen King's It UK amaray is just the standard blu-ray case

Christine from Powerhouse Films is a clear blu-ray case like the ones Arrow Video use it's not a slip

CHRISTINE does not come with a slipcover and looks to me to have the same style of case as used on such releases from Argent Films as DJANGO, SALON KITTY, 8 1/2 and THE BATTLE OF ALGIERS or releases from 88 Films such as HEX, FIVE ELEMENTS NINJAS, HOUSE OF TRAPS, BLACK MAGIC and STONE COLD).
Powerhouse Films ........................ Argent Films .................................. 88 Films
162624_large.jpg
58910_large.jpg
154004_large.jpg

Quote: "INDICATOR is a new British Blu-ray and DVD label owned and operated by Powerhouse Films Ltd, London, England.

Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, Indicator aims to release four titles per month. Indicator editions will be expertly encoded using the finest available master materials, offer lovingly assembled extra features, carry new and improved English subtitles, and include accompanying booklets containing newly commissioned and contemporary writing.

List of Indicator editions:

001 - CHRISTINE (John Carpenter, 1983)
002 - BODY DOUBLE (Brian De Palma, 1984)
003 - GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER (Stanley Kramer, 1967)
004 - TO SIR, WITH LOVE (James Clavell, 1967)
005 - 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Richard Fleischer, 1971)
006 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (J. Lee Thompson, 1981)
007 - THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI (Orson Welles, 1947)
008 - BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (Otto Preminger, 1965)
009 - FAT CITY (John Huston, 1972)
010 - THE LAST DETAIL (Hal Ashby, 1973)
011 - EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (Blake Edwards, 1962)
012 - THE ANDERSON TAPES (Sidney Lumet, 1971)"

EDIT 4/10/16:-
Amaray arrived today with no Extras listed on the back of the case although there is an AUDIO COMMENTARY by Director Tommy Lee Wallace and Actors Dennis Christopher, Tim Reid, John Ritter and Richard Thomas.
DIGITAL HD UV present "MUST REDEEM BY 31/12/2019"

FILM RUNTIME
187 mins.

ASPECT RATIO
1.33:1 TV miniseries style original aspect ratio (hopefully not stretched to fill the 16:9 screen) with thick black pillars on either side of the picture . . . may put some people off.

AUDIO
DTS-HD Master Audio: English 2.0
Dolby Digital: Czech, French, German, Italian, Spanish 2.0

SUBTITLES
Brazilian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English SDH, Finnish, French, German SDH, Italian SDH, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish (Castilian & Latin), Swedish, Thai.

Last edited: