Slipbox Still Walking (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.40) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : 13 September 2017 (Pre-order is August 10, 2017, 4PM, Korea Time)
Purchase Link : Plain Archive
Price : $33.69 USD
Note : Made-to-order; Final Printrun = 1500

* Illustration :

take-shelter-po-png.326059

still_walking.jpg still_walking_pack.jpg Still_walking_sticker.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Koreeda is a great filmmaker - 'Like Father, Like Son' is another drama of his that is worth watching. Unfortunately I've only just bought the Criterion release of 'Still Walking' so this is bad timing.

I own the Criterion and it's probably my favorite film of the director's. I suppose I would issue a word of caution on anyone blind-buying if they're unfamiliar with the director's style. An easy comparison would probably be Yasujiro Ozu. Naturalistic slice of life style filmmaking where little really happens. With that being said the performances are excellent and you'll come out the other end feeling refreshed and reminded it's not just your family who has issues - and without a doubt also very hungry. :D The Criterion included all the recipes featured from the film in their booklet... the same kind of attention to detail from PA would not be unexpected. :hungry:

Reactions: AlienKing
I own the Criterion and it's probably my favorite film of the director's. I suppose I would issue a word of caution on anyone blind-buying if they're unfamiliar with the director's style. An easy comparison would probably be Yasujiro Ozu. Naturalistic slice of life style filmmaking where little really happens. With that being said the performances are excellent and you'll come out the other end feeling refreshed and reminded it's not just your family who has issues - and without a doubt also very hungry. :D The Criterion included all the recipes featured from the film in their booklet... the same kind of attention to detail from PA would not be unexpected. :hungry:
I like Koreeda, but I'd like to see him take a break from doing family dramas. It's obviously something that's close to his heart and something that he's definitely good at, but I feel like he's starting to repeat himself. I'd love to see him do something with a less down to earth concept again, like Wonderful Life, Hana, and Air Doll.

Koreeda is a great filmmaker - 'Like Father, Like Son' is another drama of his that is worth watching. Unfortunately I've only just bought the Criterion release of 'Still Walking' so this is bad timing.
+1. Would have bought this Plain edition if I would have known