UK
Release date: January 11th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
HDN Group BUY: Click HERE
Price:
£19.99

01-141484.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping this is still avaliable in a few months. Loved this film and really want to see the directors cut

There were quite a few copies in-store when I went today. Not sure if its temporary, but its no longer listed on the HMV website. At all. Anyone who wants this may wanna get it in soon.

There were quite a few copies in-store when I went today. Not sure if its temporary, but its no longer listed on the HMV website. At all. Anyone who wants this may wanna get it in soon.

Hope that listing does come back. I'm waiting for a price drop

hardly worth it to risk the wait if its showing OOS already

Fine by me, I can get it from Germany if need be or other places and even eBay when I'm ready to get it.
I don't think HMV are sold out anyway plus that's just the website. Stores still have them

Fine by me, I can get it from Germany if need be or other places and even eBay when I'm ready to get it.
I don't think HMV are sold out anyway plus that's just the website. Stores still have them
Maybe not, but the HMV site , from experience, is way more reliable thwn Zavvis, meaning when things are sold out therer, they tend not to come back in stock,

Stores are running low from what i've seen. I got the last one in the Bull aring and didnt see any in Telfords store

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Maybe not, but the HMV site , from experience, is way more reliable thwn Zavvis, meaning when things are sold out therer, they tend not to come back in stock,

Stores are running low from what i've seen. I got the last one in the Bull aring and didnt see any in Telfords store

Oh yeah I know HMVs website is not like zavvis, but I have seen listing appear again after a few months of sold out or web page not found. But it's extremely rare.

It's cool I'll just pick it up elsewhere.

Bullring in Birmingham? Didn't realise they had one. Must be new

Edit: just realised they do. If your coming from town you go the right part of the bull ring (near the bull) and it's the level below. I remember. Can't believe there used to be 3 in the city centre!! 1 of them was even near the entrance to the bull ring!

Also I've worked in HMV twice and unless you ask we used to keep a lot of the steels at the counter in the cupboards because of theft and you will find that's the majority of stores now as there was a big thing about it last time I worked there with only a couple on the shelves or at the front of stores

Oh yeah I know HMVs website is not like zavvis, but I have seen listing appear again after a few months of sold out or web page not found. But it's extremely rare.

It's cool I'll just pick it up elsewhere.

Bullring in Birmingham? Didn't realise they had one. Must be new

Edit: just realised they do. If your coming from town you go the right part of the bull ring (near the bull) and it's the level below. I remember. Can't believe there used to be 3 in the city centre!! 1 of them was even near the entrance to the bull ring!

Also I've worked in HMV twice and unless you ask we used to keep a lot of the steels at the counter in the cupboards because of theft and you will find that's the majority of stores now as there was a big thing about it last time I worked there with only a couple on the shelves or at the front of stores
Yup. 3 in the city and one at fort (if that one even exists anymore)

I dont think theft was an issue as i had some chains/disc round my steel as well as the secutiry tags on both sides. Seemed excessive tbh.

But thanks for telling me they often keep stock behind the til. Have a few unseen dents on my Scorch Trials seel so may try swapping it if they have spares(i know i had the only display copy for that as i hunted all round Telfords store for the steel)

Reactions: Flloydo
Yup. 3 in the city and one at fort (if that one even exists anymore)

I dont think theft was an issue as i had some chains/disc round my steel as well as the secutiry tags on both sides. Seemed excessive tbh.

But thanks for telling me they often keep stock behind the til. Have a few unseen dents on my Scorch Trials seel so may try swapping it if they have spares(i know i had the only display copy for that as i hunted all round Telfords store for the steel)

Those spider clip things are horrible (and so annoying to get off when you have to take them off for a customer at the till) The stores I worked in used to keep the ones out on the floor in those because so many we're getting stolen and head office used to send pics of people in local county's of thieves and communicated between stores quite often. I also know one of the Birmingham stores had a lot of theft. Think it was the one on the ramp near mcDs.
Also the Basildon store in Essex used to get robbed up all the time. Apparently they are a favourite item for theives

Hopefully your store has some at the till behind them but it's worth asking. Smaller towns will get smaller allocated stock but Birmingham stores (mainly city centre) should get a decent amount of each title considering it's the second largest city in the UK

Last edited:
Got the last copy in my local HMV and the guy said I was lucky as it is discontinued?

Why are they getting exclusive steelbooks and then just deleting them, Agent 47, Fantastic Four and this?!

Got the last copy in my local HMV and the guy said I was lucky as it is discontinued?

Why are they getting exclusive steelbooks and then just deleting them, Agent 47, Fantastic Four and this?!

They all Become discontinued at some point. It's like zavvi having 2000 of something and selling them all.
It's just you can walk into a Hmv and they will tell you if it's discontinued. Suppose the word makes it sound like they cancelled it or something when really that's the print run finished

Also because it says discontinued on their computers it don't mean all copies are gone for all stores and they ere usually on the online store and/or xtra vision until their batches sell out

Reactions: Flash
Back at HMV Online for GBP 12.99 for anyone that missed it before.

Very few HMV steelbooks are actually "Discontinued" and will have "NOTIFY ME WHEN IN STOCK" or "Back in stock soon" in the listing.

Those that are actually "Discontinued" (recently) include THE HATEFUL EIGHT, THE ABOMINABLE BRIDE, AGENT 47, SCORCH TRIALS and THE MARTIAN.
Haven't checked if any of these are available from Xtra-vision or are still available instore.

Back at HMV Online for GBP 12.99 for anyone that missed it before.

Very few HMV steelbooks are actually "Discontinued" and will have "NOTIFY ME WHEN IN STOCK" or "Back in stock soon" in the listing.

Those that are actually "Discontinued" (recently) include THE HATEFUL EIGHT, THE ABOMINABLE BRIDE, AGENT 47, SCORCH TRIALS and THE MARTIAN.
Haven't checked if any of these are available from Xtra-vision or are still available instore.

Pretty much no store at least any near us has any of them instore and haven't for ageS.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia