This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

STRANGE INVADERS (Limited Edition Blu-ray)-Qty 3000-Twilight Time [USA]

Discussion in 'Twilight Time' started by C.C. 95, Oct 14, 2015.

1. C.C. 95

C.C. 95 The Snarky Assassin
    Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,969
    image.jpg
    Purchase HERE from SCREEN ARCHIVES
    Or from TWILIGHT TIME direct
    Price: $29.95
    Starring: Paul Le Mat, Nancy Allen, Diana Scarwid, Michael Lerner, Louise Fletcher, Wallace Shawn, Fiona Lewis
    Directed By: Michael Laughlin
    Written By: William Condon, Michael Laughlin
    Score By: John Addison
    Language: English
    Video: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1 / Color
    Audio: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Theatrical Release: 1983
    Runtime: 93 Minutes
    Rating: PG
    Region Code: Region Free (A/B/C)
    Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Director Michael Laughlin and Writer William Condon / Original Theatrical Trailer
    Limited Edition of 3,000 Units

“Loss of face gets a whole new twist in this unexpectedly well-developed pastiche…Some brilliant SFX and stabs of humor in the midnight vein…Hugely entertaining and refreshingly gore-free.” – Time Out London

“Hovering unclassifiably between nostalgia and satire, this amiably hip genre movie confirms Laughlin as a deliberately minor but unique stylist…offers a good deal of laid-back fun.” – David Ansen, Newsweek

Michael Laughlin directs Strange Invaders (1983), an affectionate homage to science fiction/alien takeover films of the 1950s that stars Paul Le Mat as a university professor searching for his ex-wife (Diana Scarwid), who seems to have disappeared while visiting her hometown of Centerville, Illinois. In fact, the place turns out to be a hotbed of aliens, in place since the Fifties and weirdly unaware of how the outside world has changed. Also starring Nancy Allen as a helpful journalist, and a lively supporting cast including Michael Lerner, Louise Fletcher, Wallace Shawn, Fiona Lewis, and period icon June Lockhart.

• Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  2. bigrob

bigrob UK Reviewer /Contributor
    Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,157
    I remember quite liking this when I was young. I found it a bit similar to In the Mouth of Madness

Hoping this gets a Euro release

3. PunkNinja

PunkNinja I eat breakfast for breakfast
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,914

• Thanks Thanks x 1