Lakeshore Records Stranger Things - OST - Vol. 1 & 2 by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release Date: Vol 1 - 28th Oct in the US, 11th Nov in the UK
Links & Prices added to the variant pictures under the Spoiler

Color variants for Vol 1 (US / Lakeshore):

“VHS” Black | All Accounts ($24.98 SRLP)
Link:
Amazon.com
01STV1_BLACK.jpg

Clear w/ Black Swirl | Indie Retailers USA ($29.98 SRLP)
02STV1_IndiesSmokeSwirl.jpg

Clear Red w/ Black Swirl | Barnes & Noble ($29.98 SRLP)
Link:
BarnesAndNoble.com
03STV1_BarnesRedBlackSwirl.jpg

Dark Red w/ Black | Vinyl Me Please ($29.98 SRLP)
Link:
VinylMePlease.com
03STV1_VMP_DarkRedBlaclSwirl.jpg

Red w/ White Swirl | Hot Topic in-Store ($29.98 SRLP)
04STV1_HotTopicRedWhiteSwirl.jpg

Clear | URP Music Distributors ($29.98 SRLP)
05STV1_UnitedCLEAR.jpg

Coke Bottle Clear | Urban Outfitters ($29.98 SRLP)
06STV1_UOCokebClear2.jpg

Translucent Red | Relapse Records Mail Order | ($29.98 SRLP)
07STV1_RelapseTransRED.jpg

Color variants for Vol 1 (UK/ Rest of the world / Invada):

Invada Mail-Order Exclusive - 'Aquamarine with White & Black Splatter' vinyl.
Price & Link:
24,99 GBP - Invada.co.uk

STLP_splatter_3d_76443969-8374-4c0d-8755-3569e435b192_1024x1024.jpg

Retail variant - 'Half Red Half Blue' vinyl (This version will be hitting stores in the UK, Europe, Australia, Japan & every country outside of North and South America).
Price & Link:

22,99 GBP - Invada.co.uk
22,50 GBP - Transmission Records

STLP_red_blue_3d_1024x1024.jpg

Release Date: Vol 2 - 18th November in the U.S., December 2 in the UK
Links & Prices will be added to the variant pictures once available

Color variants for Vol 2 (US / Lakeshore):

regular black | multiple retailers

TBA | TBA
Ohne_Titel.jpg

Waffle Swirl - limited to 1000 (clear yellow w/black swirl) | Light In The Attic
lightintheattic.jpg

Sea Foam Green | Fat Beats - 29,99 USD

Xru_Rj5w.jpg

Clear w/ Blue Swirl | multiple retailers
Picture TBA

Clear Green w/ Black Swirl | Books A Million
Picture TBA

Color variants for Vol 2 (UK/ Rest of the world / Invada):

Retail Version | Invada
Price & Link:
22,99 GBP - Invada Records

26,50 GBP - Amazon UK
11111.jpg

Mail Order exclusive Version | Invada

Price & Link:
24,99 GBP - Invada Records
2222222.jpg

Note: Vol 1. & Vol 2. by Lakeshore/Invada, each 2 LP, 425 gram Gatefold sleeve, printed insert, multiple limited color vinyl variants will be available in the US and UK from different retailers exclusive, later on a 4xLP Boxset will be released by Invada/UK

That's a ridiculous amount of variants. That's on the same scale of ridiculousness as Marvel and DC with their variant covers for #1 issues of comic books. ... Just dumb.
not the same thing at all.. variant covers for comics allows different artists to give their opinion of the character/story. Here it's just a record of a different color

not the same thing at all.. variant covers for comics allows different artists to give their opinion of the character/story. Here it's just a record of a different color

But those artists are only getting those shots because the companies see $$$$$ in the project first. The artists are secondary in the decision process. So yeah, kinda the same thing... a big company just wanting a whole bunch of extra cash for the same thing.

But those artists are only getting those shots because the companies see $$$$$ in the project first. The artists are secondary in the decision process. So yeah, kinda the same thing... a big company just wanting a whole bunch of extra cash for the same thing.
Well it's not big news that companies want to make money :rolleyes: Without it they wouldn't be releasing all the great stuff members here want to buy.. But okay I get you don't like variants, but there are some people (me included) who appreciate buying variants. And I'm not talking about buying every variants, but sometimes I like a cover or a vinyl better than the standard one, so I'd buy the variant and not the standard.. pure logic. That way, there's something for everyone

Well it's not big news that companies want to make money :rolleyes: Without it they wouldn't be releasing all the great stuff members here want to buy.. But okay I get you don't like variants, but there are some people (me included) who appreciate buying variants. And I'm not talking about buying every variants, but sometimes I like a cover or a vinyl better than the standard one, so I'd buy the variant and not the standard.. pure logic. That way, there's something for everyone

I do like variants... just saying that this amount of variants is kinda absurd. Anyway, this is off topic. I'm just happy to see this soundtrack heading to vinyl.

With a deluxe 4xLP box set already in the works, and the release date for Stranger Things’ Vol. 1 set in stone (28th Oct in the US, 11th Nov in the UK), the vinyl release for Vol. 2 has now been announced.

Due on 18th November in the U.S. via Lakeshore Records and December 2 in the UK via Geoff Barrow’s label Invada.

Gatefold artwork for Vol 2

strangerthings2gatefold.jpg

My head hurts already!

Would of thought they would of gone for different front art to Vol 2 which is a shame

I like the waffle vinyl, that's cool

I'm not even going to rush into this release. There will be so many selling on Amazon, discogs, eBay in a few months plus I'm still waiting to see what the box set offers.

But I have no fear I'll be able to pick both vols up for reasonable prices

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles