Upcoming Stranger Things (Season 5) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
STRANGER THINGS - NETFLIX
All Episodes - July 15 2016

A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

stranger things netflix.jpg

I was really confused then. Thought it was a film. Wondered how I missed it lol

This looks awesome and I agree with everyone

I got a Spielberg and JJ meets it follows meets goonies meets 80s suttle horror meets super 8 vibe. Really liking the feel to this

Only watched the first trailer in the OP. How good is the it follows esque music at the end.

Cheers mate. Would of completely missed this

And saragaard too
It's definitely 80s inspired. Apparently the title music is by the same guys who provided it for the film The Guest, which explains the syth style.

I hate starting another show whilst I'm already part way through watching something else (got a few more episode of Bates Motel season 1 to watch), but I'm dying to see this, so will no doubt put BM on hold and binge watch most of ST today. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
It's definitely 80s inspired. Apparently the title music is by the same guys who provided it for the film The Guest, which explains the syth style.

I hate starting another show whilst I'm already part way through watching something else (got a few more episode of Bates Motel season 1 to watch), but I'm dying to see this, so will no doubt put BM on hold and binge watch most of ST today. :D

Still not seen the guest!!

Yeah i hate that mate. But usually do have 2 or 3 going on at a time lol. It gets confusing.
Obviously there are certain programmes I drop everything for like thrones, Fargo, true detective etc

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Still not seen the guest!!

Yeah i hate that mate. But usually do have 2 or 3 going on at a time lol. It gets confusing.
Obviously there are certain programmes I drop everything for like thrones, Fargo, true detective etc
WHAT?! Get it seen man... even if it's just for Maika Monroe. ;)

Ah, yeah... I usually drop everything for Thrones too. Same goes for Better Call Saul. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
WHAT?! Get it seen man... even if it's just for Maika Monroe. ;)

Ah, yeah... I usually drop everything for Thrones too. Same goes for Better Call Saul. :D

Yeah I do really want to see it. Heard great things.

Everything in my life gets dropped for thrones

....Everything lol

Still not seen Saul and I loved breaking bad (one of my favs)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah I do really want to see it. Heard great things.

Everything in my life gets dropped for thrones

....Everything lol

Still not seen Saul and I loved breaking bad (one of my favs)
I enjoyed it, but I didn't seem to love it as much as most to be honest... the ending kind of ruined it for me. I need to rewatch it though... think I'll like it a lot more the second time around. The soundtrack is awesome!

Saul is pretty great IMO. Not as good as BB, but still very enjoyable. Season 2 wasn't anything spectacular story wise... the dialogue alone made it worth watching though lol.

watched the whole 8 episodes, absolutely loved this show. got to hand it to Netflix. yes, music was awesome, but I also paid attention to details concerning stuff from the 80's and was blown away by just the simple things. the one that stood out the most was Winona Ryder's ride, I chuckled when I saw that lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
watched the whole 8 episodes, absolutely loved this show. got to hand it to Netflix. yes, music was awesome, but I also paid attention to details concerning stuff from the 80's and was blown away by just the simple things. the one that stood out the most was Winona Ryder's ride, I chuckled when I saw that lol.

I'm three episodes in, but I've been doing the same thing: watching details from the '80s. I've been shocked that they've been nailing everything. I hear a song and I go, "That wasn't released before 1983!" I was wrong. I see a snippet off of a TV of an old show and I say, "That wasn't released before 1983!" Again, I was wrong. The attention to detail is astonishing!

All of the acting is wonderful so far, especially Winona Ryder (how great is it to see her again?) and the young Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven). Great direction, cinematography and atmosphere. I LOVE the score -- wow, do I ever love that score. I'm receiving all these amazing flashbacks of E.T., Poltergeist, and The Goonies. I'm even seeing glimpses of classic Zemeckis and Hughes. This show is phenomenal!

Only three episodes in and I can already see this becoming one of my favourites of all-time. Can't wait to keep watching it tonight!

Love the intro and Michael Myers reference, enjoying it to far-we watched 2 eps yesterday. Anyone know who did the intro song?

I've started today, Episode 3 just started. Like you all already said it's amazing! The look and sound and details, wow :drool: Can't wait to get through all of em!!

I binged most of this on Friday and then purposely saved the last two episodes because I didn't want it to end. :LOL:

Finally decided to watch them earlier though... definitely one of my favourite shows! Hopefully the second season will be just as good. :D