Upcoming Stranger Things (Season 5) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
STRANGER THINGS - NETFLIX
All Episodes - July 15 2016

A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

stranger things netflix.jpg

Only seen the first episode so far but it was good. I liked it. Felt like the X-Files meets an 80's Spielberg movie. Looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Finished the last Episode yesterday.
And i say the Same as every other one from you.
Amazing Show, Sound, 80's setting, Kids on a Mission to Save their Friend. "Weirdo" 011, the crazy Mom.
Every Detail, every Charackter was absolut Insane.
One of the Best Shows can't wait to see Season 2.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
I just finished this. Absolutely awesome. I cannot wait to see what they do with Season 2. That main title theme is so good. I have to download it.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I am 5 episodes in and i am still not convinced that this is a good series :meh: I mean it has all the elements for a great show but it seems so "safe" and boring. Hopefully it will get more interesting towards the end :thumbs:

Have you guys seen this? kind of fun.

strangerthingsfigure.jpg

Stranger Things Season Two Timeline Will Probably Take Place a Year Later
The Duffer Brothers have revealed new information about Stranger Things season 2. The brother directing duo admits that the second season will probably jump a year ahead. Here is an excerpt from their interview with IGN:

Matt: Yeah, you have to do the Harry Potter thing. You have to jump a year. Because like Gaten [Matarazzo], his voice has already dropped quite a bit, to the point where we couldn’t even do ADR with him. We had to pitch it way up. It’s dropped. He’s grown. As much as I would love to have it be Christmas right after that, it’s just not feasible, so we’re going to skip a year. They’ll be a year older and all their changes they’re going through, we’ll take that into account and kind of work that into the show.

Ross: It’s also just exciting having these initial conversations about it because the jump allows us to say “what happened in that year?” It actually opens up a lot more storytelling possibilities. These characters have changed and the audience has to sort of fill in those gaps of what went on in that year. To us, it’s exciting. So the fact that we have to make this jump, because of the kids, we’re trying to use that to our advantage. … And how have these characters moved on with their lives and not just in the plot and supernatural [aspect] but also just in terms of their characters and what have they done to fill that time?

Matt: We like that they’ve all had a very traumatic, nightmare experience together and after it’s over they kind of try to sweep it all under the rug. Season 2 would be very differently, structurally. It would be that everything seems great on the surface, and then there are hints that things aren’t okay or that there are lingering effects from what happened last year. The initial instinct is to push that back and sweep that crap back under the rug but eventually it becomes impossible to ignore and so they have to confront the repercussions of everything they’ve experienced. I like to think about Stephen King’s It too. — that’s a big time jump. They jump like thirty years. But the idea that the evil is still there and comes back to haunt them and one of the characters finds out about it and kills themselves immediately. That image always stuck with me.

FAN THEORY ABOUT 11:
Who is Eleven? Well, a popular fan theory has popped up: that Eleven is Hopper’s daughter reincarnated. But is it true? We know the Duffer Brothers have an explanation for Eleven’s origins, although I feel like we got a peek at the most plausible answers in the series itself. So why would she be Hopper’s dead daughter reincarnated?

1. Hopper had a daughter who died young. 2. Eleven has that asshole doctor dude she calls “Papa,” who is for sure not her actual father. 3. Eleven is a magical interdimensional being whose origins aren’t 100 percent clear at this point. 4. Hopper somehow knew Eleven loved Eggo waffles, meaning he knew more about her than he originally let on. The only logical explanation is somehow Eleven is Hopper’s daughter, be it through reincarnation or multidimensional body finagling or whatever.

Not sure I agree... but you never know.