Street Fighter (1994) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 13, 2017
Purchase link: Street Fighter (Pre-orders will be live around 6 PM UK time on Saturday January 14)
Price: £15.99
Note: Matt varnish with metal coming through on the title treatment, necklace, belt and watch on the front and the submarine and the sixpence hat on the back.

11390717-9694450322057388.jpg

11390717-1564450322157309.jpg

11390717-3614450322119314.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Black and white art? Are they serious? If they're even cost-cutting the main artwork, I dread to think what the overall quality will be like. Is there a finish cheaper than matte? If there is they're probably going to use it.

Black and white art? Are they serious? If they're even cost-cutting the main artwork, I dread to think what the overall quality will be like. Is there a finish cheaper than matte? If there is they're probably going to use it.

I wouldn't mind the majority of the steel being B&W if they had some coloured sections like what they did with the title.

van damme on front and back is just stupid. and yeh, black and white doesnt make sense. it should scream nineties, like the film does

Now, if only they'd offer that Street Fighter emblem as a badge or a keychain as happened not long ago with the DREDD steelbook . . .

Iconic pose from the film more accurately seen on one of the 1994/1995 Upper Deck Street Fighter Movie Trading Cards (#40 of 90) = not bad for front artwork leaving perfect gap for title.
firma-jean-claude-van-damme-original-jean-claude-van-damme-street-fighter-650679175.jpg
upload_2016-12-30_3-42-34.png
upload_2016-12-30_3-43-31.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Bruckle and jayce20
A bit of colour on the inside would have been welcome as a contrast to the mainly monochrome outside . . . and to go better with the colour picture disc (if they use the same disc as was inside the 2009 U.K. Amaray release . . .

Specs of the old U.K. Amaray:-
"Special Features:
• Commentary with Writer / Director Steven de Souza
• Street Fighter IV Game Trailer
• Street Fighter IV Anime Trailer
• The Making of Street Fighter Featurette
• 2 Deleted Scenes
• Street Fighter Tribute Gallery

Video Tracks:
1080p Widescreen 2.35:1

Audio Tracks:
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 English
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 French
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Spanish

Subtitle Tracks:
English
English HoH
French
Spanish
Dutch
Arabic
Danish
Finnish
Greek
Hindi
Norwegian
Portugese
Swedish
Turkish

This is probably one of the most colourful movies out there and they do this steel in black and white lol
I don't understand what goes through the designers minds.
Are they putting this sort of thing out just to see if people will buy anything ?

My money is ready:

393778846.jpg

For those saying b/w doesn't make any sense, most of street fighter 5's key art (and even street fighter 4's ink motif) used a lot of black and white. I feel like they could have easily just decided to copy it for a quick and dirty turn at brand recognition!

Personally I like it (especially the inner art :rofl:).

• Thanks
Reactions: Bruckle and cooey