Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 825
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaw
James Gunn is heading from Marvel to DC.

Gunn, who was fired from directing the third installment in his Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, has come on board to write Warner Bros. and DC's Suicide Squad sequel, with an eye to helm.

Gunn has closed a deal to pen the script. At this stage, there is no director deal, but talks could proceed depending on the outcome of the scripting process.

Full story: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ckle-suicide-squad-sequel-warner-bros-1150661
@tridon Thoughts?

Personally, I'm not surprised, since they clearly tried to copy (badly) Gunn's style with the first film. Good to see him getting a new gig anyway, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. :)

James Gunn is heading from Marvel to DC.

Gunn, who was fired from directing the third installment in his Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, has come on board to write Warner Bros. and DC's Suicide Squad sequel, with an eye to helm.

Gunn has closed a deal to pen the script. At this stage, there is no director deal, but talks could proceed depending on the outcome of the scripting process.

Full story: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ckle-suicide-squad-sequel-warner-bros-1150661
Personnally, that's an EPIC news! Way to go Warner/DC and have the balls to go get Gunn who clearly has his faults, but those are way in the past as pretty much all the Interweb accepted his apologies... but Di$ney didn't want to retract themselves out of pride and rehire him…

So, let's go and make SS2 even better what GOTG3 could have been!

This just made SS2 WAAAAAY better.

WB/DC has been doing a lot of dumb things... but maybe they are starting to turn it around.

The title is now: The Suicide Squad

James Gunn is now not only writing but officially directing too!!!
it is currently slated for an August 2021 release date
Great news! Looking forward to finally getting an awesome SS movie. :D

I enjoyed the first one, a lot, but with James directing, this ought to be epic. :D
The first one was the only movie from the current DCEU that I didn't love to be honest, so I'm glad to hear this will be more of a reboot than a sequel.

Sidenote: I wonder if Gunn will cast some of his old GOTG buddies... we all know Batista wants in, so it'd be cool to see them team up again. Same goes for Rooker and his bro Sean, of course! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Sidenote: I wonder if Gunn will cast some of his old GOTG buddies... we all know Batista wants in, so it'd be cool to see them team up again. Same goes for Rooker and his bro Sean, of course! ;)

Batista as Bane or maybe King Shark?

Batista as Bane or maybe King Shark?
I'd be happy with either tbh. Would be cool to see King Shark in a live-action film, but then that'd mean applying loads of prosthetics (or even CGI) to Batista, so we obviously wouldn't get to see his face at all... in which case, I'd go with Bane. :D

I'd be happy with either tbh. Would be cool to see King Shark in a live-action film, but then that'd mean applying loads of prosthetics (or even CGI) to Batista, so we obviously wouldn't get to see his face at all... in which case, I'd go with Bane. :D

Haha cause with Bane... we'd see his face??? LOL

Well, more than we would with King Shark at least... like, we'd actually know it was Batista lol.

True. King Shark would probably be similar to how they did Killer Croc in the first one? Mr. Eko wasn't even recognizable.

But if they did Bane "Comic Accurate"... Not sure if we would even see his face.

40380832b5ad455a5cdb6c5b26a5c769.jpg

sure the first one had many flaws
but I loved Harley and Enchantress
I would have loved more Enchantress :(

Idris Elba is in talks to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in James Gunn's The Suicide Squad

I like Will Smith... but thats a upgrade if you ask me.