Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's not cheap to go the cinema either just don't see why you would talk throughout a film at the cinema.
Usually I save the money on cinema tickets and buy the Steelbook of film instead.

Yes maybe I'm an old grump but it really annoys me they were also ridiculously laughing so loud it was rude

The Mrs surprised me with a ticket for this, liked the film solid 7.5/10.
Just a shame this couple near me decided to talk throughout the film.

i usually shout at the top of my voice "shut the fook up some of us want to watch the film"
and just point at the @sseholes so the whole cinema look at them and they feel 1cm tall and usually the embrassment factor works a treat and get to watch the rest of the film in peace, but thats just me i don't give a monkeys :D

basil :thumbs:

looks really awesome film not seen yet but going to really hoping novamedia and mantalab do an exclusive steelbooks for this would be totally awesome :thumbs:

Or...... Zeta with a cool WEA to go with BvS (depending on how this turns out - there are some cool posters for this and I like the mock up art)

• Thanks
Reactions: pioneer
Hmmmm . . . not bad at all - now we're cooking with gas . . . yes siree, Bob!

steelbook-suicide-squad.jpg

Real or not . . . either / both would be instant pre-order(s) for me.

The first one would be a hit imo. That is a nice design. However, I apologise for being critical of whoever designed this but the second one is quite a bad photoshop job. The way the title on the front is covered is atrocious and cut off, and the spine is clearly the same as the first design and doesn't flow well with the second design. I'm not saying I could do better and I'm not in the business of attempting to, but we all critique actual artwork daily on here so this should be no different. It's a nice effort but as a customer I wouldn't buy the second design at all. I will give praise where praise is due though and I would buy the first design and reminds me of a WWA release as opposed to a WEA.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Fair enough . . . and not wishing to sound sexist but any steelbook with fullsize Harley Quinn on it would be an instant buy although I'd prefer her on the back as per post #65.

To be fair though I've seen plenty of steelbooks that actually got made with far worse "photoshopping" elements.

I agree. There are many that have been put out that are terrible (imo). Only elements of those I mentioned above are bad and not the entire thing, and is way better than
lots I have seen out there. I just wouldn't buy it myself personally. The first one I do really like though and would buy.
Off the top of my head I would say a lot of Zavvi steels are pretty bad such as Speed, The Big Blue, The Purge... oh there are lots out there I imagine.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
The first one would be a hit imo. That is a nice design. However, I apologise for being critical of whoever designed this but the second one is quite a bad photoshop job. The way the title on the front is covered is atrocious and cut off, and the spine is clearly the same as the first design and doesn't flow well with the second design. I'm not saying I could do better and I'm not in the business of attempting to, but we all critique actual artwork daily on here so this should be no different. It's a nice effort but as a customer I wouldn't buy the second design at all. I will give praise where praise is due though and I would buy the first design and reminds me of a WWA release as opposed to a WEA.
The first looks very similar to one I did a while back...
#51 Suicide Squad (SC).png

As for the second, it's actually an official poster they've used...

1.jpg

Hmmmm . . . not bad at all - now we're cooking with gas . . . yes siree, Bob!

steelbook-suicide-squad.jpg

Real or not . . . either / both would be instant pre-order(s) for me.
As the name of the film is 'Squad' and that would suggest a group, so that means the front has to have the group together. Either this left image or the temporary art for the front and then maybe Harley on the back, minus the title.

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and virkia
As the name of the film is 'Squad' and that would suggest a group, so that means the front has to have the group together. Either this left image or the temporary art for the front and then maybe Harley on the back, minus the title.
As seen in post #65 . . . maybe?

Not familiar with SUICIDE SQUAD and only just cottoned on to the fact that Harley Quinn is the Joker's sidekick/love interest and that the clown makeup and character's name refer to the HARLEQUIN of times past.
According to Wikipedia:-
"The Harlequin character came to England early in the 17th century and took center stage in the derived genre of the Harlequinade,, developed in the early 18th century by John Rich. As the Harlequinade portion of English dramatic genre pantomime developed, Harlequin was routinely paired with the character Clown. As developed by Joseph Grimaldi around 1800, Clown became the mischievous and brutish foil for the more sophisticated Harlequin, who became more of a romantic character. The most influential such pair in Victorian England were the Payne Brothers, active during the 1860s and 1870s.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Harl...now-About-Suicide-Squad-Character-108987.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As artwork is still TBC I'll just throw into the mix one other interesting image that I think could make for an interesting steelbook front cover:-
Image #13/38 with a DEBOSSED Joker's floating head in a central roundel surrounded by floating heads of the other cast members in a GLOSS finish. Bit different to other images as it's very "busy" and possibly too busy.

SUICIDE SQUAD CHARACTER POSTERS:-
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...cenes-didnt-make-the-final-cut-a7185431.html#

Reactions: Lester