On Air Supergirl (Season 4) [The CW]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
11267725_687199821409708_278845256173025125_n.jpg

Supergirl is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime

Old Info:
Warner Brothers and the CW TV Network have announced that a new DC series is in the works for television: SUPERGIRL. ...

For the full story, please check out Michael Madison's post HERE! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Supergirl.jpeg
    Supergirl.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 393
Last edited by a moderator:
No worries @bloodsnake007 ! Its Thanksgiving today here in Canada so it feels like a sunday... which makes tomorrow monday... which is the day its on... so it kind of works, right? haha
Did you watch it yet? I just checked it out (even though I only have seen the pilot and the flash crossover episode... @tridon is going to kill me...)

I thought Hoechlin made a pretty good Superman. He has some pretty big shoes to fill and competing with the Film universe Sups, it's no easy task.
My wife says "He's no Dean Cain" haha.

I think I'll keep watching. This episode impressed me.

Man, I don't live far from you now! You better get on it or I'm gonna come over and force it on you! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I thought this was a solid first episode. Picked up the fun from last season and the new Superman was pretty good as Supes and Clark Kent. Also loved the way that the writers have made it so Supergirl doesn't have to prove she's as good as Superman or that Superman gets to deal with all this issues. They trust each other abilities from the get go.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Was very excited about Superman but I don't know the actor and for me he's kinda fugly for Superman, he lacks real presence, hmm oh well have to do..:

I'm all caught up on Supergirl Season 2 now. The first two episodes were great fun with Supes showing up, but I found it strange that
it appeared like he couldn't just zoom back and forth between Metropolis and National City -- how he was in NC and couldn't go back to Metropolis in a heartbeat. I mean, I'd think that Superman could fly home to spend the night with Lois, and then come back in a matter of a minute to visit Kara the next morning. No?

Anyway, after the first two episodes, I find that Supergirl is suffering... which I'm thinking has something to do with its move to The CW. First off, it's unfortunate that
Calista Flockhart wanted to stay local in LA and not move up the coast to continue on Supergirl. Her Cat Grant's relationship with Kara was half the heart of the show and with that gone, it's majorly hurting. Then we have the fact that James Olson suddenly wants to be a superhero. That came out of nowhere, just like the end of his relationship with Kara. It's like if you want to be on The CW, your show MUST have a super-team. Then where the hell is Maxwell Lord? He was such an interesting character in Season 1 and now he's gone and there's zero mention of him. There was even a cliffhanger in Season 1 that included him. Did they leave him out of the show because Peter Facinelli didn't want to move to Vancouver like Calista? Or was it to create this forced 'Alex is a lesbian' storyline? Because I mean, Alex and Maxwell were flirting like crazy in the first season and now all of a sudden she's never had a connection to a man and she's a lesbian?

Here I thought moving to The CW would help Supergirl, but it's looking like I'm wrong. I'm almost wishing it was canned after the first season now because if this keeps up, this show is going to become something that it was definitely not during Season 1.

@tridon i've been watching this season. The thing i find the most funny living in Vancouver is now that Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends all film here (and Supernatural, The 100). They've used the same location many times for different shows (that are suppose to be in different cities). Like comeon. How many times can you use the Library!? haha

It probably would have been better if Supergirl had stayed in LA.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon i've been watching this season. The thing i find the most funny living in Vancouver is now that Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends all film here (and Supernatural, The 100). They've used the same location many times for different shows (that are suppose to be in different cities). Like comeon. How many times can you use the Library!? haha

It probably would have been better if Supergirl had stayed in LA.

I would've preferred it staying in LA, but with the move from CBS to The CW, I just knew that it'd end up here.

Supergirl's back! Thought it was a solid episode from Kevin Smith. Nice intro into new worlds and I'm really starting to like Mon-El as a character.

I dont watch Supergirl but stumbled across this video and had to ask, I was under the impression that the superheroes on the small screen play no connection to their big screen counterparts so what gives?

I know its just a teaser to Wonder Woman but do we know that Supergirl has met WW?

Arrowverse's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover will include Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” will truly be the Arrowverse’s biggest crossover yet.

EW has confirmed that the highly anticipated event will include Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman, the newest Arrowverse series. “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will be five hours long and air over two quarters, the CW announced at its upfront presentation to advertisers in New York Thursday morning.

There have been questions about which shows would be involved in “Crisis” ever since it was announced in December because the most recent crossover, “Elseworlds” only included Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl, but not DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Concerns about Legends of Tomorrow‘s inclusion rose after the CW revealed that its fifth season was being held until midseason. Luckily, it seems as though that isn’t stopping Sara (Caity Lotz) and the rest of the gang from joining the crossover fun. Given the fact that “Crisis on Infinite Earths” shares its name with one of DC Comics’ biggest stories, it’s not entirely surprising that Greg Berlanti and company are making sure all of the Arrowverse’s superheroes are involved.

Even though “Crisis” won’t air until later in the year, the Arrowverse has already started preparing for it. Both The Flash and Arrow‘s most recent season finale set up the event in major ways. The former finale revealed that Grant Gustin’s Barry Allen vanishes in a “crisis” in the year 2019, and the Arrow season 7 finale ended with the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) recruiting Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) to save the multiverse from, you guessed it, an impending crisis.

The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and Batwoman will air this fall on The CW.

via EW