On Air Supergirl (Season 4) [The CW]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
11267725_687199821409708_278845256173025125_n.jpg

Supergirl is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime

Old Info:
Warner Brothers and the CW TV Network have announced that a new DC series is in the works for television: SUPERGIRL. ...

For the full story, please check out Michael Madison's post HERE! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Supergirl.jpeg
    Supergirl.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 393
Last edited by a moderator:
Really? That can't be the storyline... is it?

I guess they are just trying to copy this Comic Cover.
2358152799_35e355d093_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't feeling well and couldnt sleep most of the night and couldn't find much to watch and I admit it, I hang my head :banghead:

I watched the first 6 episodes of this and it's terrible, it really is. It's got cheesy, wooden acting, sort of silly storylines and as I was watching I kept thinking this is pretty terrible but oddly I couldn't sleep and I know I was very critical of it before and that's not really changed, it is kind of pish but it's pretty harmless I guess so just keep watching the episodes on sky on demand one after the other and I don't hate it anymore, and I feel the shame lol :facepalm:

Anyone know when the rest of the series is on in the UK?

Last edited:
Wasn't feeling well and couldnt sleep most of the night and couldn't find much to watch and I admit it, I hang my head :banghead:

I watched the first 6 episodes of this and it's terrible, it really is. It's got cheesy, wooden acting, sort of silly storylines and as I was watching I kept thinking this is pretty terrible but oddly I couldn't sleep and I know I was very critical of it before and that's not really changed, it is kind of pish but it's pretty harmless I guess so just keep watching the episodes on sky on demand one after the other and I don't hate it anymore, and I feel the shame lol :facepalm:

Anyone know when the rest of the series is on in the UK?

This just renewed for a second season today, but it's moving to CW instead of CBS.

I have to say I love this show. Years of watching Doctor Who have allowed me to put up with dodgy special effects and questionable TV acting enough for me to enjoy what's going on here. Plus, this is the Superman we need, not Snyders Emo 'Why does no one understand me?' Superman. Supergirl is about hope and fighting amped up villains with the help of Martian Manhunter who DC seem to have kicked to the curb. The Red Kryptonite episode was amazing and the Flash crossover was fun.

This series doesn't take itself seriously and because of that it's more fun to watch than Arrow or Shield

Reactions: psychoscot
This just renewed for a second season today, but it's moving to CW instead of CBS.

I have to say I love this show. Years of watching Doctor Who have allowed me to put up with dodgy special effects and questionable TV acting enough for me to enjoy what's going on here. Plus, this is the Superman we need, not Snyders Emo 'Why does no one understand me?' Superman. Supergirl is about hope and fighting amped up villains with the help of Martian Manhunter who DC seem to have kicked to the curb. The Red Kryptonite episode was amazing and the Flash crossover was fun.

This series doesn't take itself seriously and because of that it's more fun to watch than Arrow or Shield

Nah, if we needed a superman and can't have the real thing we should have Superboy.This show is only still on because of the times.hopefully it gets better on the cw, if not they should just scrap it.

More fun to watch than Arrow is kinda sad.Arrow has fallen horribly over the last few years.forced relationships and the softening of the charter has killed it .They need to go back to basics.When you are on the same level as a girl power show you have failed your city.

Nah, if we needed a superman and can't have the real thing we should have Superboy.This show is only still on because of the times.hopefully it gets better on the cw, if not they should just scrap it.

More fun to watch than Arrow is kinda sad.Arrow has fallen horribly over the last few years.forced relationships and the softening of the charter has killed it .They need to go back to basics.When you are on the same level as a girl power show you have failed your city.

Hahahaha that is true and it's sad to see Arrow fall off so badly from it's season 2 high. Is it acceptable to say Supegirl is better than Legends of Tomorrow then? Definitely Gotham, because that show is plain awful.

P.S. Love that Sinestro Avatar.

Hahahaha that is true and it's sad to see Arrow fall off so badly from it's season 2 high. Is it acceptable to say Supegirl is better than Legends of Tomorrow then? Definitely Gotham, because that show is plain awful.

P.S. Love that Sinestro Avatar.
I only watched the pilot episodes of legends of tomorrow and was intrigued but never felt like a must watch show for me.I never liked the actress who plays white canary and the charter is the weakest part of the show.I might go back as i like Captain cold and Firestorm.so, no, i can't compare it with supergirl yet.

I haven't watched Gotham since the mid season finally of season 1.That says a lot.I don't want to watch Batman growing up.

Yeah, been reading lot of Green lantern lately and realizing how much of a bad ass Sinestro is .

I only watched the pilot episodes of legends of tomorrow and was intrigued but never felt like a must watch show for me.I never liked the actress who plays white canary and the charter is the weakest part of the show.I might go back as i like Captain cold and Firestorm.so, no, i can't compare it with supergirl yet.

I haven't watched Gotham since the mid season finally of season 1.That says a lot.I don't want to watch Batman growing up.

Yeah, been reading lot of Green lantern lately and realizing how much of a bad ass Sinestro is .

I've recently read through all the Injustice: Gods Among Us storyline and Sinestro is awesome in that. I need to read more Green Lantern but currently working through JL Trinity War, Forever Evil storyline and Darkseid War.

Legends is pretty bad. It's got a handful of decent episodes but for a time travel show it doesn't follow any of the rules it says it shouldn't break or there'll be a paradox or something.

Gotham goes out of it's way to destroy any credibilty Batman has. Tries to introduce as many villians as it can before it gets cancelled. No wonder Batman beats these Super Villains when he's older. They're all old men by that time. How this got a 3rd season is a joke so bad that even the Joker wouldn't touch.

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99
I am sad to say I've fallen in love with the show, it's terrible but I now find it compelling lol

The first time I've ever read anything about this show was this thread (just now), i'd never even watched the trailer.. I waited till the complete season had been aired and I binge watched the whole thing and I loved it.. took me a few episodes to get into it completely, it's nice easy viewing when you're relaxing.
Considering this is the first time I've ever read what others thought of the show, I was a bit taken back by your sheep comment, with no outside imput I enjoyed the show and very much look forward to the second series, guess it's good to hold back on reviews till watching a bit more of the show. I too grew up on superman and the 1984 supergirl movie so I'm really glad you pushed yourself to give it more time and ended up loving the show too:D:cigar:
I don't usually like calista flockhart, but her character and her b****y comments made me lol so much throughout the series. Also reading for the first time that this show was aimed at 12 yr olds:rofl::bag::bag::bag: Guess that's why I like it:confused: reminds me of when I was a kid watching all the super hero stuff in the 80's?

Reactions: psychoscot
The first time I've ever read anything about this show was this thread (just now), i'd never even watched the trailer.. I waited till the complete season had been aired and I binge watched the whole thing and I loved it.. took me a few episodes to get into it completely, it's nice easy viewing when you're relaxing.
Considering this is the first time I've ever read what others thought of the show, I was a bit taken back by your sheep comment, with no outside imput I enjoyed the show and very much look forward to the second series, guess it's good to hold back on reviews till watching a bit more of the show. I too grew up on superman and the 1984 supergirl movie so I'm really glad you pushed yourself to give it more time and ended up loving the show too:D:cigar:
I don't usually like calista flockhart, but her character and her b****y comments made me lol so much throughout the series. Also reading for the first time that this show was aimed at 12 yr olds:rofl::bag::bag::bag: Guess that's why I like it:confused: reminds me of when I was a kid watching all the super hero stuff in the 80's?

Glad you enjoyed it, I think it's great, well written in terms of humour easy going entertainment

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Flash
Glad you enjoyed it, I think it's great, well written in terms of humour easy going entertainment

100% yes:thumbs: I'll definitely rewatch season one again before watching the next season.

Quick question, I may have blinked and missed it, I watched supergirl before watching the flash season 2 and thought the flash would have mentioned going to another world and meeting supergirl, but strangely there was nothing about it?