UK
Release date: March 23rd, 2016
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr
fnac.com
Price: EUR 14.99

81SJi8SB9GL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm terrible at Photoshop and even I could do a better job than that in a few minutes.

Well, if I were in charge of steelbook art I wouldn't do any Photoshop, I'd just pick one of the original posters, but then again, Warner is notorious for being picky with art so maybe the home video department had to 'create' something new.

But come on, in "artwork" there's "art" and there's "work". I see none of that here.

Although funnily enough, I have the same facial expression as Gene Hackman right now...

Seriously, what the hell is that supposed to be? They've made Chris' jawline look like Robert Z-Dar's, his neck is short, shoulders tiny and colours washed-out. Did someone at WB take a picture of the NECA action figure by mistake? And what's with the font? The Superman logo is so iconic. It was bad enough WB used the 'Blade' font on Batman (and had the front and back the wrong way around on Batman Forever), that they've now used 'WordArt' on this.

God knows how bad Superman II, III and IV will look. I honestly dread to think about it.

Reactions: gaeljet
Oh my, that artwork is bloody awful! This will be a poor quality matte finish with no bossing of anykind, mark my words. They would need some glossing etc to sell this god awful artwork!

Yuk yuk yuk! Christopher Reeve would not of been amused to see this, RIP

Not worthy, another let down, why not go for existing artwork? instead another floating and zoomed in effort on a steelbook, why is Lex Luthor behind Superman? looks out of place even more, they cropped off the Superman logo too on this artwork.

Some options they had.

stalmannen_78.jpg CapedWonder-Superman-The-Movie-35-poster.jpg superman-the-movie-movie-poster-1978-1020466242 (1).jpg superman-3.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jonnie123 and PHD
"Mr Luthor, paint me like one of your French girls"

The pictures they have chosen for this release look very odd and way to over photoshoped. Ah well, maybe there will be a different release with better art...as WB like to re-release their movies over...and over...and over...

Reactions: C.C. 95