digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Feel free to discuss all Superman comics/series -- past, present and future -- in this thread. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Superman-logo-C51E9892F2-seeklogo.com.gif
    Superman-logo-C51E9892F2-seeklogo.com.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:
I still own a sealed Death of Superman comic. Still remember walking into the store to get it and the queues were super long.

Just bought Batman/Superman #1. I can't wait to read it! I'll post my thoughts on it here after doing so! :)

Still waiting on that price drop for Superman Unchained #1, too.

Action Comics #1000: The Deluxe Edition Hardcover
Release Date: October 2, 2018
by Brian Michael Bendis (Author), Geoff Johns (Author), Scott Snyder (Author), Tom King (Author)
AMAZON
$17.99

upload_2018-5-12_14-43-40.png

Action Comics #1 gave birth to America's greatest Superhero, Superman! Now celebrate 1,000 issues of Action Comics with this collector's item hardcover, Action Comics #1000: The Deluxe Edition. ((Note: This is a different book than Superman: 80 Years of Action Comics.))

Including an all-star lineup of writers and artists such as Brian Michael Bendis, Geoff Johns, Tom King, Brad Meltzer, Scott Snyder, Jim Lee, John Cassaday, Olivier Coipel and an unpublished story from Marv Wolfman and legendary Man of Steel artist Curt Swan, plus more!

The monumental, best selling Action Comics #1000 is now available in this epic deluxe hardcover edition. This new edition includes that iconic comic book, scripts for each of the stories, variant covers, design sketches by Jim Lee, other behind the scenes material and more! Also included is the comic book that started it all, Action Comics #1 with Superman's very first appearance! Celebrate over eight decades of the Man of Steel with this unforgettable collector's edition graphic novel.

So the Brian Michael Bendis era of Superman is coming. What's your thoughts? I'm a fan of old-school Bendis (Powers, Jinx, Torso, Alias, Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man), but his newer stuff hasn't been too enjoyable. I was curious to whether I'd like his Superman or not, so I tried Action Comics #1000 and DC Nation #0. My thoughts on Action 1000...

After reading Action 1000, I went into Bendis' DC Nation #0 story quite skeptical. I found it to be quite boring. I told my friend that it felt weird and he said that it's Bendis doing 1970s Superman. I couldn't agree more.

So, I'm likely staying away from the Man of Steel mini-series. I wish Bendis would've went street-level with a Batman book.

So the Brian Michael Bendis era of Superman is coming. What's your thoughts? I'm a fan of old-school Bendis (Powers, Jinx, Torso, Alias, Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man), but his newer stuff hasn't been too enjoyable. I was curious to whether I'd like his Superman or not, so I tried Action Comics #1000 and DC Nation #0. My thoughts on Action 1000...

After reading Action 1000, I went into Bendis' DC Nation #0 story quite skeptical. I found it to be quite boring. I told my friend that it felt weird and he said that it's Bendis doing 1970s Superman. I couldn't agree more.

So, I'm likely staying away from the Man of Steel mini-series. I wish Bendis would've went street-level with a Batman book.

Yeah, a Batman book ala Daredevil he did a few years ago would be awesome. Superman is boring.

THE MAN OF STEEL #1

A new era begins for Superman as a threat from his earliest origins reemerges to destroy the Last Son of Krypton. As Superman struggles to come to grips with what has happened to his wife and son, he must also face a new threat that’s determined to burn down Metropolis!

Release: 5/30/2018
Price: $3.99
32 Pages

upload_2018-5-31_10-47-37.png

THE MAN OF STEEL #2

U.S. Price: $3.99
ON SALE 6/6

With an arsonist loose in Metropolis, Superman’s powers are almost useless in finding the culprit. And back at the Daily Planet, everyone wants to know what’s going on with Lois Lane. How can Clark hold on to the secret of what happened to Lois and Jon much longer?

upload_2018-5-31_10-49-8.png