Suspiria (4K+2D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Crowdfunded) (CultFilms) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Indiegogo (Crowdfunding will start at 12.30 PM on October 30 2017)
Price: £29.00 (Early Bird first 85 backers price is £24.00)
Notes: Crowdfunded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format Embossed Numbered FuturePak gloss finish limited to 950 copies

zqcwzi3sth7oxurxgg9o.png

Actual pics courtesy @Hereticz

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a modern disease called "We know what's best for you and we're not interested in your views". You only have to look at those dire poop art steelbooks for proof of that.

Not fussed at all that it's gone to being a futurepak, but I wish the art had stayed the same as the advance image seemed to indicate - I'm still struggling to see exactly what the new art looks like under all the watermarking... :watch:

Cultfilms Campaign Update
Update 9

We heard from our manufacturers

We’ve just heard from our manufacturers that they won’t be able to deliver our wonderful boxes to us until after Chinese New Year, which is on the 16 February. We had arranged delivery for the end of January. However due to circumstances completely beyond our control this will now not be possible, and unfortunately our boxes' delivery will end up in a double whammy first with the manufacturing delay and then our consignment will end up in the huge backlog going through Customs and shipping - all due to the Chinese New Year. It will take over a month before it reaches the European factory where we will do the manual packaging of the boxes, where we will also insert the three discs and the wonderful booklet specially made for this release. All this means that the final products will be delivered to backers much later than originally expected.

We are very distressed about this, we really didn't expect this setback and we can only imagine how our backers will react to this news!!!

However, there is a silver lining: we will use this time constructively and this will enable us to shoot even more additional extras for the third disc.

This release will feature some great extras such as newly commissioned interviews with make up and special effects artist Tony Mecacci and with Franco Bellomo who was the still set-photographer on Suspiria as well a feature with mesmerising critic Kat Ellinger. Plus a new feature with Claudio Simonetti.

These contributors provide fascinating insights on the making of Suspiria.

The additional time will allow us to produce more interviews to cram our third disc with more specially-commissioned extras: a brand new interview with Dario Argento, Stefania Casini and Alan Jones, and an interview about the sounds of Suspiria with sound engineer and foley artist Massimo Anzellotti.

There will be over 2 hours of extras and we trust this will make up for the delay.

Last but not least, we can confirm that we are producing a wonderful booklet with a new essay especially written for this edition of Suspiria, by quintessential horror connoisseur Alan Jones!

We’ll post more details about the final package of extras and the final delivery date as soon as we can, so keep an eye on the site.

Sure they would have not encountered this problem is they had used the steelbook.
Cultfilms would of had same issue in regards to Chinese New Year holiday as a steelbook most likely would of had to be manufactured in scanavo china plant to get a release of only 1,000 made and also be lot more expensive unit cost wise than a futurepak

In my opinion and that's just me speculating the main reason they went with a futurepak was it cost less to get made than a steelbook

They would of had to go with 2,000 to 4,000 print run for a steelbook release to get unit cost down to be worth it

It's not a situation like Studiocanal or Warner getting 4 different steelbook releases manufactured same time

Last edited:
This doesn't make sense. As someone who has worked in printing, you usually have to book in advance to get a run down so they would have been told the time when slots were available. You just don't ring up and say can you do this for me. They'd say we do a run on such and such a date and if that's no good it'll be xx days or weeks before we can slot you in. And printers do take into account holidays when they give a time and date. Confused you will be!

This doesn't make sense. As someone who has worked in printing, you usually have to book in advance to get a run down so they would have been told the time when slots were available. You just don't ring up and say can you do this for me. They'd say we do a run on such and such a date and if that's no good it'll be xx days or weeks before we can slot you in. And printers do take into account holidays when they give a time and date. Confused you will be!
CultFilms had arranged delivery for the end of January but the company making the futurepak did not meet that delivery schedule

Blufans delays with steelbooks does that sound familiar :rofl:
They have same thing happen with them in the past with Chinese New Year holiday and also other companies have had in Asia

Chinese New Year holiday = shutdown
http://www.ewmfg.com/chinese-new-year/

Last edited:
Looks like I got the last futurepak 4k movie only version. Love my futurepaks...so I’m excited to get this. Hope they will do some awesome embossing like Godzilla, Akira & The Man In The Iron Mask. Love my steelbooks (have over 1000) but do like something different for my collection....futurepaks, viva metalpaks.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
Well well..

It's been a while since I last dropped into this thread.

What do I discover, a big deflated air balloon making farting noises whilst wizzing around the ceiling before finally crashing into the wall and falling behind the sofa.

What an utter dog's dinner this has turned out to be, a right mess.

Steelbook is what I collect, not a sort of something like it looky likey. Boy did i do well to dodge this bullet!

Anyone else get an e-mail to confirm the name for the autograph card? Are we just to respond to that e-mail, or do we enter it somewhere else? Thanks

@digitalbabe
I got the same email a few days ago. Responded to the same mail with the name i wanted on my card, and today i got an e-mail from them confirming ....

Thank you for your message.

We can confirm that your card will have this name on: Xxxx xxxx