Suspiria (4K+2D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Crowdfunded) (CultFilms) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Indiegogo (Crowdfunding will start at 12.30 PM on October 30 2017)
Price: £29.00 (Early Bird first 85 backers price is £24.00)
Notes: Crowdfunded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format Embossed Numbered FuturePak gloss finish limited to 950 copies

zqcwzi3sth7oxurxgg9o.png

Actual pics courtesy @Hereticz

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic news, Steelbook and UHD? Sold.

This isn't something I'm that familiar with, is this release expected to be ultra limited to a hundred or so copies? Concerned about another website traffic issue when this goes live as this film is a high demanded title.

Fantastic news, Steelbook and UHD? Sold.

This isn't something I'm that familiar with, is this release expected to be ultra limited to a hundred or so copies? Concerned about another website traffic issue when this goes live as this film is a high demanded title.
Details will be provided before October 30th
If it's Indiegogo you be fine in terms of website but I don't know for sure yet which Crowdfund website they will be using
The 2 main ones are Indiegogo and Kickstarter but there are other funding websites

These work by having a target be reached in terms of funding and remain active till it's reached or by a set date it will run till

Last edited:
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
They had the first sub par transfer out for the regular BD. (I own it) TLE did the german leatherbook box and while better still not up to par with the Synapse 4k restoration imo that is the true "painstaking" restoration as it was 4 years in the making, but TLE better then italian version that the DP which meticulously approved frame by frame with Synapse called it an abortion. TLE version work was 2 years.. This will be interesting to follow but its a release far down the road if it comes to fruition as you still have the disc work, the replication and cases to be made I don't see this coming in 2017.

Between the years of work by Synapse, technicolor directly and Warner Bros Motion Picture Imaging .... and Fox on board to distribute their 4k restoration dcp theatrically and it blowing everyone away, I'm certain that the Synapse version will look even better then this UHD if not outright then upscaled. A flood of suspiria's popping up. The Italian BD looks bad compared to the German and it too has a UHD coming that im certain will pale in comparison.

They had the first sub par transfer out for the regular BD. (I own it) TLE did the german leatherbook box and while better still not up to par with the Synapse 4k restoration imo that is the true "painstaking" restoration as it was 4 years in the making, but TLE better then italian version that the DP which meticulously approved frame by frame with Synapse called it an abortion. TLE version work was 2 years.. This will be interesting to follow but its a release far down the road if it comes to fruition as you still have the disc work, the replication and cases to be made I don't see this coming in 2017.

Between the years of work by Synapse, technicolor directly and Warner Bros Motion Picture Imaging .... and Fox on board to distribute their 4k restoration dcp theatrically and it blowing everyone away, I'm certain that the Synapse version will look even better then this UHD if not outright then upscaled. A flood of suspiria's popping up. The Italian BD looks bad compared to the German and it too has a UHD coming that im certain will pale in comparison.

Very informative and i agree about the Italian restoration, it doesn't look good at all.
Here is a link with screenshot comparison between the Italian restoration and the german Blu-ray. You can tell how the Italian version loses details by applying the softener effect.
Link: http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=459&y=187&d1=9917&d2=4996&s1=96325&s2=46522&l=0&i=0&go=1

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I could be interested, it will depend on price and final artwork. It could also be a long while before it actually gets released.

Cult Films UK
Note if you don't want to wait for the Steelbook and 4K UHD
Cultfilms UK new 4K restoration of Suspiria in a Blu-ray and DVD dual-format edition with slipcase will be released on 14 November 2017
This edition will be available from all UK retailers
Artwork TBC
22140906_1831138780231326_5628653263221802192_n.jpg

The Steelbook with 4K UHD + Blu-ray the release date to be announced
Blu-ray in the Steelbook It's the same 4K restoration Blu-ray that's in Blu-ray/DVD dual-format edition

Last edited:
Cultfilms UK Facebook

Our SUSPIRIA crowd-funding campaign goes live at 12.30pm today. We'll post out all the details on here then..

THE SPECIAL EDITION

BUT we believe SUSPIRIA deserves to be seen at its best, in the most advanced video format which is why we propose to release SUSPIRIA on 4K UHD in a unique numbered specially crafted SteelBook (dual format with a Blu-ray) filled with special features …and that's why we need your support!

With your help will release the definitive dual edition containing a standard Blu-ray and a UHD disc, so you can witness the film in all its cinematic glory.

This will be one of the first non-mainstream films to come out on the UHD format!

This special edition will be strictly limited: we will only print 950 units.

PLEASE NOTE: The SteelBook artwork shown here is for illustration purpose only. We will commission new and original artwork for our a specially designed glossy, embossed SteelBook!

Can we just contribute the 24£
How safe is the site for credit cards as no paypal option
You can also contribute separately any amount if you want but that's not purchasing the steelbook

If you want the steelbook choose one of the perks
Payment is required upfront by credit card

Last edited:
The first 85 backers get the steelbook for £24.00

Price after 85 backers is reached is £29.00

Steelbook is Limited to 950 copies

You can also contribute separately any amount if you want but that's not purchasing the steelbook

If you want the steelbook choose one of the perks
Payment is required upfront by credit card
So you cannot get the steel without choosing some perk that you don't really want???