Suspiria (4K+2D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Crowdfunded) (CultFilms) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Indiegogo (Crowdfunding will start at 12.30 PM on October 30 2017)
Price: £29.00 (Early Bird first 85 backers price is £24.00)
Notes: Crowdfunded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format Embossed Numbered FuturePak gloss finish limited to 950 copies

zqcwzi3sth7oxurxgg9o.png

Actual pics courtesy @Hereticz

Last edited by a moderator:
SUSPIRIA 4K PLANS UNVEILED BY CULTFILMS

In 1977 SUSPIRIA stunned cinemagoers around the world. Now, forty years later, CultFilms is proud to terrify audiences once again with the dazzling 4K restoration of Dario Argento's groundbreaking masterpiece.

Italian horror auteur Dario Argento unleashed the ultimate cult film with his visionary symphony of terror, SUSPIRIA. Ballet student Suzy Bannion (Jessica Harper) arrives at a prestigious dance academy in Freiburg, a school plagued by gruesome and supernatural happenings. Soon students begin to die in horrific circumstances – is Suzy next, and can she uncover the academy’s sinister secret before it’s too late?

Abandoning the black gloves of the giallo in favour of a witchy brew of magic and murder, Argento carved a Baroque nightmare, saturated with expressive colour and punctuated by shocking violence.

Considered the most famous Italian horror film of all time for its vivid, groundbreaking style and jaw-dropping bloodshed, SUSPIRIA now returns for its fortieth anniversary to assault audiences once more.

***Crowd-funded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format SteelBook***
Fans will have the opportunity to crowd-fund a very special limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format SteelBook (pictured) of the SUSPIRIA 4K restoration. The crowd-funding campaign will go live on 30 October, just in time for Halloween! This will be a limited numbered edition including a slate of specially-commissioned extras exclusive to this SteelBook release and available nowhere else in the world. Keep your eyes peeled for more information coming very soon.

***SUSPIRIA Blu-ray and DVD dual-format edition***
CultFilms will release their 4K restoration of SUSPIRIA in a Blu-ray and DVD dual-format edition with slipcase on 14 November 2017.

Extras will include:

- Audio Commentary by critics Kim Newman and Alan Jones
- An interview with Dario Argento and Claudio Simonetti
- New Extra: The 4K Restoration Process
- New Extra: Dario Argento Presents his Suspiria
- New Extra: Dario Argento Introduction

Please note the artwork is currently TBC.

***CultFilms presents the SUSPIRIA 4K Tour***
CultFilms will orchestrate the ‘SUSPIRIA 4K Tour’, which they are coordinating with several venues across the country. The SUSPIRIA tour will culminate with a very special event in London: an evening with Dario Argento, featuring a Q&A with the maestro himself and a presentation of the restoration. Dates for the tour include but are not limited to:

6 October: BFI London Film Festival (Suspiria 4K premiere)
14 October: Mayhem Film Festival
14 October: BFI London Film Festival
21 October: Celluloid Screams, Sheffield
28 October: Newcastle's Tyneside Cinema
28 October: Regent Street Cinema, London (35mm)
14 November: Barbican, London (with Dario Argento intro and Q&A)
17 - 23 November: Barbican, London

***The Restoration***
‘I hope that you are ready...’ declares Dario Argento in his personalised introduction to the CultFilms release of SUSPIRIA

Argento filmed SUSPIRIA on some of the last of the Eastman 5247 film stock. In order to reach the deep colours he had envisioned, the director struck the original release prints using a very different Technicolor Dye Transfer process which had already become obsolete. SUSPIRIA was the last film to be released following that particular method and all subsequent prints did not adhere to Argento’s original vision, with the look of the film affected dramatically.

The new 4K scan was painstakingly restored by TLE Films in Germany with that crucially distinct colour palette reinstated in accordance with Argento’s original Technicolor Dye Transfer specification, using period film materials as reference.

The restorers also reinserted all missing frames which had degraded badly or were simply lost over the years, making this version of SUSPIRIA premiered by CultFilms the most complete and original looking, and finally doing justice to Argento’s vision.

22196118_1831138783564659_8077450928480395300_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hahahaha, I knew it, same thing happened after the announcement of the Hi Def Ninja Phenomena steel. I knew that that there would be a 4k release in the UK. Ah well, absoultely phenomenal news all the same, definitely getting a pre order in for this also.

Steelbook will be a crowd funded release

It's possible like other crowd funded releases like 88 films releases this will likely end up to purchase also from cultfilms website but that's not confirmed yet if that will happen

Be interesting how much the crowd funding makes

I may well be interested about the investment opportunities.

I'll be watching closely, and if certain elements get ticked, who knows...

Purchasing through crowd funding can often be good value most times it would include exclusive items

I have purchased a few releases that was crowd funded the 88 Films Italian Collection Restoration Project one was very good value

I will post details of the crowd funding as soon as I have the details

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
"If Paul says crowd funding 2 more times that's 20 crowd fundings in this crowd funding rhyme"

*Paul Bizkit

• Thanks
Reactions: Bungral
Steelbook will be a crowd funded release

It's possible like other crowd funded releases like 88 films releases this will likely end up to purchase also from cultfilms website but that's not confirmed yet if that will happen

Be interesting how much the crowd funding makes

Ah, missed that bit, read the info fast as I'm in work. Fingers crossed this becomes a reality.

Ah, missed that bit, read the info fast as I'm in work. Fingers crossed this becomes a reality.
These campaigns sometimes have different levels with different extras included
You will be able to get this just wait till October 30th when campaign goes live

Most include shipping as part of the price and end up good value

So can we just start crowd funding steelbook releases? Cause there are plenty of titles I want that don't have steelbooks.