Suspiria (4K+2D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Crowdfunded) (CultFilms) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Indiegogo (Crowdfunding will start at 12.30 PM on October 30 2017)
Price: £29.00 (Early Bird first 85 backers price is £24.00)
Notes: Crowdfunded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format Embossed Numbered FuturePak gloss finish limited to 950 copies

zqcwzi3sth7oxurxgg9o.png

Actual pics courtesy @Hereticz

Last edited by a moderator:
£15,011 GBP raised by 409 backers
100% of £15,000

Now to next target that will be announced soon this will be to fund exclusive extras

I can see this ending up having a very high amount funded before end of November which will mean good news for those that funded one of the perk options as the more money that gets raised we all gain with no extra cost involved to get any extra content that will be added to the UHD Disc or Blu-ray Disc

Last edited:
Crowd Fund Update
Thanks to your amazing support this 4K UHD/Bluray Suspiria Limited Edition is definitely going to happen!!

It is your Suspiria and you have literally made it an overnight success. Let's not stop here,let's make this even better and go into the Stretch Goal we'd previously mentioned - though we did not imagine we'd be introducing it so soon after the launch!

Stretch Goal : if with your support this campaign reaches £25,000 we will make this Limited Edition even more special! We'll add an additional disc of bonus features by filming and editing our own extra features and/or sourcing and reviving long-disappeared iconic documentaries on Dario Argento - and more depending on funding and production budget! This will mean that you will get more for the same amount pledged and that every penny will go towards making this project your own unique definitive edition! So, spread the word!

This one has been extremely interesting to watch, I can't stop reading their page, it's so unique compared the usual way we purchase and pre-order. I've seen crowd funded projects before but not for anything like a steel that peaks my interest so much. Was that Leviathan: The Making of Hellraiser 1 & 2 documentary crowd funded?

I'm floored at how fast the goal was achieved and continues to rise. Looking forward to seeing what goodies are produced over time.

I especially like their blurb about it being the first non-mainstream film to be released in 4k, never thought of it like that, gonna be a real grail with horror fans.

I'm patiently awaiting the art reveal now...

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
This one has been extremely interesting to watch, I can't stop reading their page, it's so unique compared the usual way we purchase and pre-order. I've seen crowd funded projects before but not for anything like a steel that peaks my interest so much. Was that Leviathan: The Making of Hellraiser 1 & 2 documentary crowd funded?

I'm floored at how fast the goal was achieved and continues to rise. Looking forward to seeing what goodies are produced over time.

I especially like their blurb about it being the first non-mainstream film to be released in 4k, never thought of it like that, gonna be a real grail with horror fans.

I'm patiently awaiting the art reveal now...
Leviathan: The Making of Hellraiser 1 & 2 documentary yes that was originally a Kickstarter crowd - funded project it raised £16,000

Some releases start out as crowd - funded projects before you see them available to purchase from retailers some of these releases would not happen at all or be as rich in content without initially been crowd funded

Last edited:
Reactions: ihategiantspiders
Leviathan: The Making of Hellraiser 1 & 2 documentary yes that was originally a Kickstarter crowd - funded project it raised £16,000

Some releases start out as crowd - funded projects before you see them available to purchase from retailers some of these releases would not happen at all without initially been crowd funded

Ah yes, had a feeling it was, still kicking myself I missed out on it, I'll have to resort to my scarlet box for my extras fix.

Right, any steels you know of that have started out this way? (off the top of your head)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Ah yes, had a feeling it was, still kicking myself I missed out on it, I'll have to resort to my scarlet box for my extras fix.

Right, any steels you know of that have started out this way? (off the top of your head)
It's the first steelbook release crowd funded as far as I'm aware but there might have been others I don't know about

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
Supported the project with £110 to get the Shameless giallo bundle as well! What a fantastic dream, would be great if it included HDR because the lightning and the colours of Suspiria are, of course, absolutely magnificent.

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Hopefully you all get what you pay for .... as I know for a fact that they are in for a manufacturing surprise. They need to expand this...

An update on this unique release!
We have had some enquiries regarding the Videa UHD disc and the CultFilms UHD disc, and if and how they differ.

This UHD disc of SUSPIRIA is unique: the only way to produce it was for CultFilms and the world-rights owners of SUSPIRIA, Videa, to collaborate.

UHD Blu-rays are very expensive to produce, and we believe that this is one of the only non-mainstream film to be released on UHD at this time.

While the source encode file is shared, the two discs will look different. So, you will see the CultFilms disc — which is revealed here for first time - bearing the bewitching catalogue ref ‘CULT666’! The Videa disc is different in this respect.

The disc branches off into two after an initial panel upon insertion: the CultFilms ‘version’ opens as a CultFilms disc, with an English copyright warning and the CultFilms logo, which segues onto a menu in English.

One advantage of this shared source encode for the film is that our UHD will all the audio permutations available, in English and Italian, as listed here:

- English PCM mono
- English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
- English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- Italian PCM mono
- Italian 2.0 DTS-HD MA
- Italian 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- Subtitles switchable both English and Italian

Everything else is different - and indeed better! In your CultFilms SteelBook edition:

• The CultFilms Blu-ray is unique to CultFilms. It is a separate encode, completely authored in UK and is entirely English-language based, but also providing the alternative Italian audio.

• To date, our CultFilms Blu-ray already has more extras. If we reach our second/Stretch Goal we will have yet more extras and indeed we may have to grow to a third disc.

What you are helping fund is a unique package: we could not have made it without your funding and that is why it is your SUSPIRIA 4K!

This strictly limited edition, numbered, embossed SteelBook will not be made available in shops, unlike the Videa product which is available to the general public and yet more expensive!

We have also been asked about the exact numbers we will produce of this special edition:

We will produce no more than 1,000 units in total.

But because of the special manufacturing process (emboss etc) and the fact that some part of the packaging will be done by hand, the forecast tolerance is given at between 5% to 10%. This means we may lose between 50 and 100 units.

This is why at this point we cannot tell how many of these unique SteelBooks we will have and therefore we cannot guarantee that we will have 1,000 pristine products until we have completed the project.

So far the package will be:

• An embossed SteelBook
• Each individually numbered
• Not available to general retail shops
• One UHD disc plus one Blu-ray disc, as minimum

Plus, depending on the overall funding, hopefully, a third disc with additional extras if we hit our Stretch Goal.

We cannot THANK YOU enough for the stupendous support and the wonderful trust you have put in us. We are new to crowd-funding and we are a very small team and appreciate your kind patience with us when we’re bit quiet! As mentioned before, we’re just making sure that the project we are building for you with your support is realistically deliverable. So far we already have a unique product.. and any further funding will go into making it just that bit more special...

As Dario Argento would say: ‘Grazie e a presto!’

Stretch goal reached
£25,787 GBP raised

Dear Backers,
We have a secret perk specially for you.

First of all, thanks to all of you and your generous backing, we are very near to reach our new goal. We also have great news: Dario Argento has kindly agreed to sign 100 exclusive CultFilms cards. The autographs will be strictly limited and personalised. The name of the recipient will be printed on the card signed by the Master of Horror!

They are on offer for £29.

To thank you for your amazing support, we are offering them as a secret perk! This weekend they will be available only to our backers and on Monday 20th November they will be released to the general campaign!

Thank you again for your amazing support and for making this Steelbook Limited Dual Edition of Suspiria happen!

The CultFilms Team
sus.jpg

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...lbook/x/14279343?secret_perk_token=28e0b8eb#/

You don't have minimum 4,000 anymore with steelbooks

You can do 1,000 print runs if you want
theoretically true ............. you can do 1k but still pay for 4k pricing. And judging from their contributions all the other stuff cost money including the 4k transfer .... so they need to sell more stuff ....... maybe the argento sig will help them with that. capped at 100, ...not enough.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Starling
But because of the special manufacturing process (emboss etc) and the fact that some part of the packaging will be done by hand, the forecast tolerance is given at between 5% to 10%. This means we may lose between 50 and 100 units.

This is why at this point we cannot tell how many of these unique SteelBooks we will have and therefore we cannot guarantee that we will have 1,000 pristine products until we have completed the project.

wow that sounds home made .... I'm guessing this means the numbering. Maybe they should contact Scanavo and find out that they already offer direct onto steel numbering if you will pay for it. "WWZ, City of God etc"

Better yet, pay for more steels if you plan to jack some up......

£26,280 GBP raised by 721 backers

18 autograph cards only available
82/100 sold

There is 194 steelbooks still available at £29.00

13 days left to when campaign ends

Last edited:

wow that sounds home made .... I'm guessing this means the numbering. Maybe they should contact Scanavo and find out that they already offer direct onto steel numbering if you will pay for it. "WWZ, City of God etc"

Better yet, pay for more steels if you plan to jack some up......
It's limited to 950 units numbered
The 1,000 is to cover possible damages and I assume replacements

The perks offered so far only add upto 835 steelbooks

I admit they might yes run into issues if damages are more than 165 units if all perks options that include a steelbook are purchased

The Steelbook won't be getting a retail release

The 4K UHD release is a shared collaboration with Videa
The source encode file is shared, the two discs will look different

The Blu-ray Disc though The CultFilms Blu-ray is unique to CultFilms. It is a separate encode, completely authored in UK
Some of extras for the bonus disc will also be unique to CultFilms

The Standard release of the Blu-ray now has a release date December 4th subject to change

Last edited:
I will be contacting them in regards to packaging to make sure these don't get shipped in cardboard mailers or jiffy bags :rofl: