Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Suspiria

Tagline: Give your soul to the dance.

Genre: Thriller, Horror

Director: Luca Guadagnino

Cast: Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton, Mia Goth, Sylvie Testud, Lutz Ebersdorf, Jessica Harper, Chloë Grace Moretz, Renée Soutendijk, Angela Winkler, Ingrid Caven, Małgorzata Bela, Vanda Capriolo, Fabrizia Sacchi, Elena Fokina, Olivia Ancona, Toby Ashraf, Christine Leboutte, Paolo Vanoli, Alek Wek

Release: 2018-10-26

Runtime: 152

Plot: A young ballet dancer travels to a prestigious dance academy in Europe, only to discover it is a front for something far more sinister and supernatural amidst a series of increasingly grisly murders.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Suspiria (2018)

Tagline: Open your mind and stretch your imagination.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Luca Guadagnino[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Dakota Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mia Goth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tilda Swinton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chloë Grace Moretz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Harper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sylvie Testud[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angela Winkler[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Malgorzata Bela[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ingrid Caven[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lutz Ebersdorf[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Renée Soutendijk[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2018-12-31[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]145[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young ballet dancer travels to a prestigious dance academy in Europe, only to discover it is a front for something far more sinister and supernatural amidst a series of increasingly grisly murders.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
cpOU6WhmiadhVo3dKW72qt8k1CL.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From ComingSoon:

Amazon Studios has released the first photos for their upcoming big screen remake of Suspiria and announced that the new film will officially debut in theaters on November 2. The film will open against Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, 20th Century Fox’s Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, and Tyler Perry’s The List, his first film release under his new deal with Paramount Pictures.

The studio has also released an updated version of the film’s synopsis, which reads as follows: “As a darkness builds at the center of a world-renown dance company, its artistic director (Swinton), a young American new to the troupe (Johnson), and a grieving psychotherapist (Ebersdorf) become entangled in a bloody, sighing nightmare.”

Call Me by Your Name director Luca Guadagnino steps behind the camera for the remake of Dario Argento’s 1977 classic which features a script by David Kajganich (A Bigger Splash, The Terror). Suspiria stars Tilda Swinton (We Need to Talk About Kevin, Doctor Strange), Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey, How To Be Single), Chloë Grace Moretz (Kick-Ass, The 5th Wave), Mia Goth (A Cure for Wellness, Everest) and Jessica Harper of the original Suspiria.

It has been previously reported that actress Tilda Swinton plays two roles in the film, taking on the role of “real life German psychoanalyst” Lutz Ebersdorf who will “make his feature debut” in the film.

View attachment 373943

View attachment 373944

It looks well shot and there is some good atmosphere but it looks a little drab. I’m not sure if this is a straight remake or it’s a re-imagining but the originals colours was one of the things that made it stand out. I was expecting this to be similar. I am a big fan of the original though so it will take a lot to match that one! I will reserve judgment though for now!:)

Finally got around to watching the original for the first time the other day... it wasn't quite what I expected and was pretty average overall IMO. I definitely prefer the vibe of this remake... it looks so much weirder/creepier! :D

Finally got around to watching the original for the first time the other day... it wasn't quite what I expected and was pretty average overall IMO. I definitely prefer the vibe of this remake... it looks so much weirder/creepier! :D

Same. The colours in the original were breathtaking, but that's about it. The story was wacky and the music was even wackier. I definitely prefer Argento's Phenomena and Tenebrae.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Same. The colours in the original were breathtaking, but that's about it. The story was wacky and the music was even wackier. I definitely prefer Argento's Phenomena and Tenebrae.
Yeah, the vibrant colours made it look very cool/stylish... kinda reminded me of NWR. I actually liked the music at first, but it became tiresome after a bit because they kept playing the same track lol. My main complaint is that it wasn't scary in the slightest though, and I'm not even big on horror, so you know something's wrong if I'm complaining about it not having enough scares. :p

I'm yet to see any of Argento's other work, but I especially look forward to checking out Phenomena since it stars Jennifer Connolly, whome I had a big crush on as a kid (mostly due to seeing her in Labyrinth), and still do. :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
This looks very promising, can't wait to see it!
Similar to the commenters above, I'm not the biggest fan of the original apart from the audiovisual aspect.
This seems like it's going to be genuinely creepy though.

Was so very doubtful of this remake. But gotta admit looks excellent !

Wonder if this is successfull, would they remake Inferno ? I guess no chance, but ...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database