Oct 15, 2009
Toledo, Spain
Sweeney Todd

Warner Home Video
UK Import

Pics of actual SteelBook courtesy of carllenc:
View attachment 4960
View attachment 4961

Audio:English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, German Dolby Digital 5.1, English Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1, Italian Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:English, English, Spanish, French
Region:B
BD-50 GB
HD-Widescreen (16:9, 1.78:1) 1920x1080p
Video-Codec:VC-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
Just seen someone pick up a copy of this in a second-hand dvd store (not CEX, but something very similar) for just £3!

Couldn't really see what condition it was in, but from what I could see (without looking too obvious!), it seemed to be in very good condition.

If only I had been there a few minutes sooner, I might have had the opportunity to pick it up myself, even if only out of interest to see what condition it was in (not really a film to interest me enough to buy it, tbh).

UK GRAIL ALERT :woot:

full

full

It has a bid so this could be interesting...
Doubt it goes for very high, but for a sealed collector and a UK collector it could likely find a good home. Steel history and all. And once can see it came with the blu-ray tear tag in the seal , so easy to spot any reseal jobs in future. Not that many reseal sweeney as compared to IM FS.

@Wreck interesting. Bids are unpredictable. They generally go less than a Buy It Now due to the urgency to sell. But when you have something very rare, none listed on eBay, and you don't have recent history what it goes for, all you need is a two crazy bidders that can drive up the price and be surprised at sometimes what they can fetch.

So the other ones I am seeing on ebay, minus the blue sticker, were they re-released again? Just different seal and no sticker?

I do remember, that 3-4 years ago, you had plenty of copies around 25-40€ on amazon.co.uk, if you went into the Sweeney Todd Amaray Thirdparty section and scrolled through the seller comments.
I bought mine for 12€ shipped I think?

Also if you are interested, check here, there is someone selling it sealed for 4!!! pounds + shipping to UK only (select collectible to see the offer):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012YG7RS/?tag=hidefnin-21

I do remember, that 3-4 years ago, you had plenty of copies around 25-40€ on amazon.co.uk, if you went into the Sweeney Todd Amaray Thirdparty section and scrolled through the seller comments.
I bought mine for 12€ shipped I think?

Also if you are interested, check here, there is someone selling it sealed for 4!!! pounds + shipping to UK only (select collectible to see the offer):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012YG7RS/?tag=hidefnin-21

hmmm cant find what you are talking about, and the listing just says regular blu ... for 3rd party you have to make sure it says steel, and still is steel ... maybe i just cant find.

i know with the booklet made it very rare, and i cant remember where the booklet was ... was it inside, shrinked to back or what. maybe sunny recalls. for some reason tho i think the one we have has booklet, but didnt last as such in case not.

Wait, this was supposed to have a booklet?

I bought this brand new from Asda back when the movie was not long released on blu, and it had no booklet. Just standard sealed steelbook (sadly I wasn’t OCD back then so it spent a few years getting scratched beforehand I bagged it)

Actually watching this a few weeks back. Love the movie :)

Wait, this was supposed to have a booklet?

I bought this brand new from Asda back when the movie was not long released on blu, and it had no booklet. Just standard sealed steelbook (sadly I wasn’t OCD back then so it spent a few years getting scratched beforehand I bagged it)

Actually watching this a few weeks back. Love the movie :)
to my recollection, this was an hmv exclusive

yeah i guess one I have doesnt have booklet. didnt realize it was on back like that. @BluSteel2012