Slipbox Take Shelter (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive #39) [Korea]

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: September 13, 2017
Purchase link: Plain Archive (pre-order August 10 at 4PM Korea time)
Price: $33.69
Notes: Made-to-Order (cut off date is August 15); Printrun = 1200.

DGw6UuDXoAABBUL.jpg

Take Shelter PO.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some secret with parents of twins - they make a pact with the doctor and mark them on the noggin at birth! They just don't tell anybody!;)
(Look for a small imperceptible tattoo under the hairline that says "1" or "2"):LOL:
:hilarious:

I'll be sure to check the next time I seem them. :p

happy days. :) been a while since i picked up a Plain Archive release (got this #138 and The Imitation Game PET at the same time).

i really like this film, one of those stories i can enjoy myself watching once a year and getting more, and different, things out of it each time. the superb acting helps. great package overall :thumbs: (only minor quibble is that the booklet has no English - unusual in the Plain releases i've got - just the Korean).

giphy.gif

Well, I got confirmation now. My package is officially lost. But it seems Plain Archive will send another copy once all the paperwork with Korea Post is done.
Luckily for me it never went OOS.

I don't believe it! This morning, I checked the status of my incoming parcels with the 17track.net App, as usual. I still have the "missing" parcel from PA saved, in case it gets an update for whatever reason. So I refreshed the list and guess what: the parcel had a new status! However it took me a few seconds to realize what "International Post Office, Return to sender" actually meant. For whatever reason, German Post (again) has not processed my parcel properly, let it sit in the storage room or whatever, and eventually sent it back. Unbelievable! It's the second time this is happening after Hell or High Water from KimchiDVD in this summer. I'm extremely angry at the German Post right now, and will not let that slide this time. The icing on the cake was the lady from the customer service who simply hung up on me when I was explaining my frustration over this.
So much for German efficiency and correctitude - at least the rudeness is still there! :LOL::censored:
(To be fair, in the second attempt I got an understanding, yet not helpful lady on the line. She said she couldn't see any reason in the system why the parcel was sent back.)

Plain Archive have received the returned parcel today. They sent me a picture of the parcel and to my bewilderment I spotted the sticker from my local post office on it. Obviously the postman tried to deliver it two days after it landed in Frankfurt, but it seems I wasn't at home. Usually not a problem, just give it to a neighbor or take it to the post office. But for crying out loud, please card me!!! How the hell should I know there was a delivery attempt when there's no card and no update in the tracking system?!
Any Ninja from Germany know the right address where to put my complaint with Deutsche Post?

Despite all the frustration our national post is causing me over this, I must say Plain Archive's customers service is no less than stellar. They're very helpful and try to find the best solution. Still doesn't save me from paying the shipping cost once again.

This was the last OT post from me on this topic, I promise.

Plain Archive have received the returned parcel today. They sent me a picture of the parcel and to my bewilderment I spotted the sticker from my local post office on it. Obviously the postman tried to deliver it two days after it landed in Frankfurt, but it seems I wasn't at home. Usually not a problem, just give it to a neighbor or take it to the post office. But for crying out loud, please card me!!! How the hell should I know there was a delivery attempt when there's no card and no update in the tracking system?!
Any Ninja from Germany know the right address where to put my complaint with Deutsche Post?

Despite all the frustration our national post is causing me over this, I must say Plain Archive's customers service is no less than stellar. They're very helpful and try to find the best solution. Still doesn't save me from paying the shipping cost once again.

This was the last OT post from me on this topic, I promise.

It's really unbelievable that they didn't even put some notification in your mailbox. Problem is that if you tell Plain to give another try and ship one more time your copy, nothing assures us that this problem won't happen again! I feel you bro

Reactions: CleverLoginName
nothing assures us that this problem won't happen again

Absolutely. But next time a package doesn't show up soon after its arrival in Germany, I'll go ask at the local post office(s) if there's anything stored for me so this doesn't happen again. And I sure as hell will get in touch with someone from German Post's customers service and try to have the extra shipping cost reimbursed.
Thanks for your comment!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: famagosta
This is an incredibly classy release from Plain Archive. Just watched the movie for the first time...just incredible.

One of my absolute favorite releases from PA, film and everyone’s performances are fantastic.
Michael Shannon’s performance in this was both chilling and mesmerising. Almost guttural. Watched it again last night with my wife. We came to the conclusion the last scene was once again one of his nightmares, but this time the difference being he felt he had his families back. Anyone who wants to know what mental illness can do to a person should watch this. Easily slips into my top 10 of all time.

Absolutely. But next time a package doesn't show up soon after its arrival in Germany, I'll go ask at the local post office(s) if there's anything stored for me so this doesn't happen again. And I sure as hell will get in touch with someone from German Post's customers service and try to have the extra shipping cost reimbursed.
Thanks for your comment!
wow, i really feel for you reading what you went through. never imagine duetche post to be so screwed up.

the global postal system is raking billions from us collectors and e-commerce. so now we are getting some disregard because they just have too much businesses. so did you finally get your re-ship cost reimbursed?

anyway, i'm glad i still could order a copy now. hope to enjoy this movie.

Thanks @Real Steel
Actually, the company didn't do anything wrong. It was the mistake of an individual for not scanning the item properly and not insertig a notification card into my mailbox. So I would never know the parcel had cleared customs and was waiting to be picked up only a couple of blocks away, before it was returned to Plain Archive. :wacky:
And yes, after some e-mails, they refunded the extra shipping costs and told me they would remind the delivery guys in my area to their jobs properly. I hadn't had a problem ever since, so maybe they actually did instruct them. I guess when their money's involved, they care, all of a sudden. Go figure. ;)

Glad to hear you could get a copy, too! I'm sure you won't be disappointed, if you like good acting, suspense and just solid movie-making. :thumbs:

Thanks @Real Steel
Actually, the company didn't do anything wrong. It was the mistake of an individual for not scanning the item properly and not insertig a notification card into my mailbox. So I would never know the parcel had cleared customs and was waiting to be picked up only a couple of blocks away, before it was returned to Plain Archive. :wacky:
And yes, after some e-mails, they refunded the extra shipping costs and told me they would remind the delivery guys in my area to their jobs properly. I hadn't had a problem ever since, so maybe they actually did instruct them. I guess when their money's involved, they care, all of a sudden. Go figure. ;)

Glad to hear you could get a copy, too! I'm sure you won't be disappointed, if you like good acting, suspense and just solid movie-making. :thumbs:
Good to hear that you got your refund, though all the troubles and stress are not what we deserve. :LOL:

Yes, I'm looking forward to watching the movie. Thanks. :)

• Thanks
If anyone in the USA missed out on this, I have a sealed copy that I can sell and I don’t charge scalper prices. Please message me if interested. Thanks.