Taken 3 - in theaters January 9th, 2015

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
From IMDB:
With: Liam Neesen and Forest Whitaker

First look at what is supposedly the last chapter in the franchise.

If you've seen Liam Neeson kicking asses in Taken and the sequel Taken 2, then you can probably already guess what he looks like in the forthcoming Taken 3. Regardless, we have a few first look photos from the latest installment of the surprise hit action franchise. However, it sounds like the plot has steered away from what the title actually means as this time it's Neeson's character Mills who is on the run after he's framed for the murder of someone close to him. But these first look photos don't show much ass-kicking or even gun-wielding. But we do see Maggie Grace in some distress and newcomer Forest Whitaker. Look!

Here's the first photos from Olivier Megaton's Taken 3 originally from USA Today:

And here's a couple more photos of Neeson and Whitaker in Taken 3 from Empire:

As far as the plot goes, Neeson knows the kidnapping stuff was starting to run its course. He told USA Today, "This time, no more traveling," says Neeson. "If my daughter was 'taken' again on a trip, Bryan Mills would have to be certifiably locked up for bad parenting." So what's the deal this time? Neeson says, "I have to go on the run, I'll put it that way, from the not-so-lawful types and the lawful authorities. Bryan Mills served his country faithfully, but now even they are after him. They must not like me." We're just wondering why he's being framed for murder.

And while we see Neeson and Whitaker coming into contact above, it looks like they won't be going head-to-head as far as combat goes in the sequel. Whitaker says, "There's no big fight between us, which I would have loved. That will have to wait until Taken 4." However, don't hold your breath for that sequel since Neeson says, "It's a rollicking good story. But I think this is the end." But Neeson also said he doubted that Taken 3 would happen, and then he closed a deal for $20 million to return. But hopefully this time says what he means and means what he says. Taken 3 hits theaters on January 9th, 2015.

Source

takthreen_xlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
this is really dumb. They should have just stopped after Taken 1. I was shocked when I heard about a sequel let alone a 3rd... the storyline just doesn't allow for a continuation without being ridiculous IMO.

But you know how it goes... gotta milk the cash cow for as long as possible. Plus Im sure there "fun" movies to make for the cast and crew so they wouldnt mind making another.

I like the idea of a third if it's not his family who's taken, but someone else close to him.

Not a bad idea Tridon! Maybe he becomes known for his skills and someone will seek him out and hire him as a "hostage recovery expert" :p in the third one. It might look like im joking but that would make it a little less ridiculous I think (the continuation of the storyline that is) or maybe not :p

Perhaps the CIA them-self will need his services in recovering someone and he does a job for them?

Only because Im a big fan of Liam Neeson do I contribute these great branching idea's from Tridon's :D

Last edited:
Not a bad idea Tridon! Maybe he becomes known for his skills and someone will seek him out and hire him as a "hostage recovery expert" :p in the third one. It might look like im joking but that would make it a little less ridiculous I think (the continuation of the storyline that is) or maybe not :p

Perhaps the CIA them-self will need his services in recovering someone and he does a job for them?

Only because Im a big fan of Liam Neeson do I contribute these great branching idea's from Tridon's :D

Exactly! I still haven't seen the second (though I can't wait to see it), but it obviously revolves around his family again with (judging by the trailers) his wife being taken. If his "skills" become more well-known after this film, the story could go anywhere. Famke Janssen and Maggie Grace could still star, but in smaller roles. There's a lot of promise for a third film if the producers/writers/director just expand their scope. What if a Senator's kidnapped? Or the vice-President? Or even the President? Call in Liam Neeson and let's get this party started! :scat:

Exactly! I still haven't seen the second (though I can't wait to see it), but it obviously revolves around his family again with (judging by the trailers) his wife being taken. If his "skills" become more well-known after this film, the story could go anywhere. Famke Janssen and Maggie Grace could still star, but in smaller roles. There's a lot of promise for a third film if the producers/writers/director just expand their scope. What if a Senator's kidnapped? Or the vice-President? Or even the President? Call in Liam Neeson and let's get this party started! :scat:

lol, yes agreed. If they make a third they need to go with something like this. A wider scope idea like you say. I haven't seen the 2nd yet either. Ill probably give it a miss in theatre and catch it on blu-ray instead. Too many other movies coming out in theatre that I wanna watch.

To be fair I HAVE seen well worse than number 2 :notworthy:. I have a MEGA MEGA HUGE SOFT SPOT FOR Mr Neeson :drool: :drool: , NOT A PHWWORR OOOMMPHH GET IN THIRE :shy: .

A deep seated admiration for how hard he has worked to get to where he is. Krull and Excalibur will watch ANYTHING with him in it weather it's my type of movie or not :ohno: . I like to think of it as forced diversification :p yes you read it right :D.

This weekend! (thursday actually)

Personally I can do without Forest Whitaker (he even managed to lower the tone of The Last Stand), but I liked Taken 2 enough to watch another Liam Neeson actioner.

Will be watching this, but knowing it's already been cut for the UK cinema release I know it's going to put me in a negative frame of mind before the film even starts!

Will be watching this, but knowing it's already been cut for the UK cinema release I know it's going to put me in a negative frame of mind before the film even starts!
DAMN IT, getting seriously pi$$ed with these cut versions of movies which are meant to be violent and for adult audiences :angry::angry: