Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (2nd Release) [UK]

Dec 10, 2012
London, UK
Release Date: 08 December 2014
Purchase links:
Zavvi £11.99 In Stock (part of 2 for £18 Steelbooks CODE: STEELBOOK18)
Amazon £21.57 In Stock

11046291-1416921911-127530.jpg

11046291-1416921911-127335.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127521.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127564.jpg

Last edited:
This is was in the email:

Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number 46752837.

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• Taken - Steelbook Edition

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.

Many Thanks,

zavvi Team
Got that too. And I ordered it Well before it was sold out. Has anyone gotten this notice and then gotten their order?!! I got this notice over and over for a month and a half on another order before I finally got one that said 'Sorry. Order cancelled'. I will be super pissed, because I was safely ordered a long time before it was sold out.
Zavvi should tell me it's not gonna happen or not, but at least let me know if I should be looking elsewhere...
image.jpg

Reactions: Bagman99
Sorry that was meant more as an example rather than every solution to removing forced subs but I wasn't clear about that - I'm guessing his Panasonic is region free and allows 'user prohibited options' (like disabling forced subs) by default, I'm sure there are a few other players that allow this too, but don't know which they are. It's hard to find a region free bluray player in the UK else I'd have considered getting one myself in the past.
Yeah, that's why I'm going to investigate further. There also may well be a difference between companies processes.
Say tfi discs vs. Studio canal. But, if a region free player exists that can achieve this, I want one!
I'm sure as you know, different makes and models can vary drastically in what they can do!
Not too long ago, many solutions were had by getting the cheapest possible Blu player because the companies making them couldn't afford nor cared about putting in restrictions as they were not beholden to studios directly like the big manufacturers.

This release has been back on Amazon as well, that did not last very long though, interesting to see how long it stays available at Zavvi, it's almost as if they are selling it in bits to entice buyers. :LOL:

Available again at amazon.co.uk for £25, albeit they only have 1 left in stock.

I can only assume that Fox are sending these out to retailers in dribs and drabs.

EDIT: Now sold out again!

Last edited:
Tried to cancel my order for this earlier and got a failed cancellation notice and now my card has been charged.
Must have found some stock ;)
Now i've got two coming as i put Taken in an order using the 71,monty python and spend over £100 codes :hilarious:

This is a joke! They charged my card yesterday then I get an email today..

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Taken - Steelbook Edition

What the hell is going on!