bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Source: ComingSoon.net

TNT Set to Revive Tales from the Crypt with M. Night Shyamalan
tales-from-the-crypt-logo-and-keeper.jpg

TNT has officially announced that they’re going to revive the fan-favorite horror anthology Tales from the Crypt, but there’s a… twist. The Sixth Sense writer/director M. Night Shyamalan, whose most recent horror hit The Visit brought in $97 million at the global box office, will executive produce the new series, which will be part of a new two-hour horror block of programming on the cable channel.

“I couldn’t be more excited to be teaming up with Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey and the entire TNT team in this unique endeavor,” said Shyamalan. “To be part of such a beloved brand like Tales from the Crypt, something I grew up watching, and to also have the chance to push the boundaries of genre television as a whole, is an inspiring opportunity that I can’t wait to dive into.”

Shyamalan is joined by partner Ashwin Rajan who both produced the sleeper hit “Wayward Pines” on FOX last summer. In addition to Shyamalan and Rajan, James D. Stern (Looper) is executive-producing with his company Endgame Entertainment. Aloris Entertainment’s John Santilli (The English Teacher) and Dan McKinnon (Missing William) will also executive produce. TNT will announce the additional series to be featured in the horror block in the coming months.

popcorn2.gif

Attachments

• talescrypt7rev00.jpg
    talescrypt7rev00.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Should have been produced by Del Toro, not Shyamalan! :squint: Oh well... I love the original, so I'll be watching! :thumbs:

M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Tales from the Crypt’ Reboot Dead at TNT

Source: Collider.com
Bad news, friends. M. Night Shyamalan‘s reboot of Tales from the Crypt is off the docket, at least for now. Last year, TNT teamed with the Split director to reinvent the classic horror series as the centerpiece of a weekly two-hour horror programming block that would feature short and long-form storytelling curated by Shyamalan, hosted by a new Cryptkeeper. A few months later, the network issues a ten-episode order for the series and commissioned two new horror shows called Time of Death and Creatures to go with it. Things were looking good for a new weekly horror destination, but in a recent interview with Deadline (via our friends at Birth.Movies.Death) TNT president Kevin Reilly revealed that the horror block has been backburnered after they ran into rights issues with Tales from the Crypt.