0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Untitled Star Trek Project

Genre: Adventure, Action, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Karl Urban

Plot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil and Noodles
Deadline has a breaking story that claims that Quentin Tarantino, the acclaimed filmmaker behind Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, The Hateful Eight and more, might be beaming aboard the Star Trek franchise.

Tarantino pitched an idea for a new Star Trek film to Star Trek reboot director and producer J.J. Abrams, and the idea was such a hit that Paramount is going to assemble a writer’s room to hash-out Tarantino’s idea. Deadline says that if the idea works out, Tarantino might direct the film himself, with Abrams producing.

View attachment 432927

I’ve always wanted Tarantino and Wes Anderson to tackle sci fi old school but not sure about Star Trek

I’m not sure this will happen. I thought Tarantino was working on his new film. I would be curious to see it but I don’t think I would want one of his final films to be Star Trek. I’m sure he would do a good job with it though!

This is just pure speculation that he would direct. He gave an idea... as a film fan im sure he does that a lot. They like it, great. But a writer's room means he is not writing. If he isnt writing then is he really going to direct? And if he does would he then change dialogue at times?

However if he did, I'm sure it would fall into a category on its own as he counts his films in many different ways. He says 10 films the he is done and Kill Bill 1 and 2 are 1.

I'd prefer he did something completely original (as he usually does), but if a Star Trek movie is the closest we'll get to a QT sci-fi, then I'll happily take it! That being said... I'd rather it was Star Wars. :hungry:

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Be R-Rated: ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith Frontrunner Scribe
After Deadline this week revealed that Quentin Tarantino pitched a Star Trek film to JJ Abrams and Paramount, the whole thing is moving at warp speed. Tarantino met for hours in a writers room with Mark L. Smith, Lindsey Beer, and Drew Pearce. They kicked around ideas and one of them will get the job. I’m hearing the frontrunner is Smith, who wrote The Revenant. The film will most certainly go where no Star Trek has gone before: Tarantino has required it to be R rated, and Paramount and Abrams agreed to that condition.

Source: https://deadline.com/2017/12/quenti...rew-pearce-lindsay-beer-jj-abrams-1202222161/

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed that Tarantino won't be writing the screenplay, since he has done for every single one of his films so far, and always nails it IMO. But still, an x-rated Star Trek film... I'm getting more and more excited for this! :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I could have maybe liked it if it was involving proper Star Trek like the Next Gen or SS9 but not that dire Abrams garbage..... Shame as I'm usually a fan of Tarantino's work.

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Be R-Rated: ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith Frontrunner Scribe

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed that Tarantino won't be writing the screenplay, since he has done for every single one of his films so far, and always nails it IMO. But still, an x-rated Star Trek film... I'm getting more and more excited for this! :D

A rated R Star Trek movie doesn't seem too crazy anymore. Star Trek Discovery is pretty much rated R. They use the F word... and (Spoilers)...
there was a Klingon sex scene.
So I'm very curious how Tarantino would top that. haha

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
A rated R Star Trek movie doesn't seem too crazy anymore. Star Trek Discovery is pretty much rated R. They use the F word... and (Spoilers)...
there was a Klingon sex scene.
So I'm very curious how Tarantino would top that. haha
That's the new TV series, right? Might have to check it out now. ;)

Yup! If you have some time this holidays I highly recommend checking it out. Its great!
I'm not a big trekkie or anything, but i love it.
I'm not a Trekkie either (always preferred Star Wars), but I do love the recent films. Will add the show to my watchlist. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I’m still not convinced Tarantino will direct this. There’s a lot of comments saying if he directs rather than he definatly is. He doesn’t usually direct unless he’s writing the script also. He did it once with Jackie Brown but he said he didn’t want to do it again. I wonder if he will just end up just producing it or something?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I’m still not convinced Tarantino will direct this. There’s a lot of comments saying if he directs rather than he definatly is. He doesn’t usually direct unless he’s writing the script also. He did it once with Jackie Brown but he said he didn’t want to do it again. I wonder if he will just end up just producing it or something?

Yup, I agree. I feel like he is going to be involved but not actually direct when it comes down to it.
We'll see...

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Imagine if he does actually direct though. Nuts

Sounding more interesting now though with the R rating

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'm actually very surprised at Tarantino being involved as he knows the hate the reboot has got from a lot of fans. He's well clued in on Star Trek and it's fans. He knows the fans want proper Trek not the Abrams vision which is not Trek in any shape or form. But off course this could all be a case of fake news which seems to populate the internet like a virus...... Maybe he's been wanting to do Trek for ages and been told "Yes you can do it but not proper Trek but the Kelvin stuff" and has no choice due to the fact that the film rights and TV rights are two different things. I seriously would not be surprised if he pitched an idea for say SD9 or The Next Gen for a film and been told. Yes we like the idea but you can't use the real show you have to use the Abrams show.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database