Target GBs discussion thread - FAQ & questions

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
hey folks! so we don't clutter up the request threads with questions about shipping and the rest, let's use this dedicated thread to chat about any questions that might pop up during the GB process.

Frequently Asked GB Questions:

INVOICING

Q: When will I receive my invoice?
A: Invoices will be sent when your items are ready to be shipped. I like to make sure that all items arrive safely and are inspected before packaging. @digitalbabe will also be assisting with some of you as well, and is starting from the bottom of the list (with member names starting with Z, etc).

Updates about the arrival of the items, any trouble with Target and general & random updates will also happen on this thread.

Please remember to subscribe to this thread for e-mail notifications if you'll be checking up on my status or the progress of shipping!

Q: When is payment due?
A: Immediately when the invoice is sent. If you are unable to pay in a timely fashion, please post here on this thread.

Q: If I get the invoice from you but something doesn't look right, what should I do?
A: Please post here with your question and I'll try and assist ASAP. Please note that paypal will send you a very SIMPLE e-mail with any amount. Click on the link, and you can view the invoice in DETAIL with all the costs spelled out.

Q: Other members that were further down the requesting list got an invoice before I did!?
A: Please note, that in order to ship out more items quickly, it's easier to do a batch of orders that are all the same. Having said that, I might simply do those folks that ordered 1x of each, because they are easily to assemble, pack and ship all at once. I will do my best to get to everyone ASAP, but will be shipping over 200 individual shipments!

Q: What if my order is not correct?
A: If you think an item is missing, please post here and we'll revise your invoice ASAP. Do not pay the invoice if you think it is not correct.

General note: A detailed invoice is sent so you are aware of the costs charged as part of the group buy. You will see costs for the items requested, any gb fees, and the costs of shipping box, bubble wrap, insurance, and postage. These costs are done as their exact amount, to pass along any savings to the GB members.

SHIPPING & ARRIVAL

Q: Should I follow up with you to get a tracking number?
A: The cheapest method from the US Postal Service does not allow for full tracking. However, sometimes packages can be tracked to their destination depending on the country. Customs numbers from the US Postal Service are sent to your paypal e-mail via the USPS and also updated on your paypal payment. Please check these locations for more information as I won't follow up with each of you individually.

Any package can be checked at www.usps.com

Q: How long will it take for my package to arrive internationally?
A: I live on the east coast of the USA. I have had packages arrive in the UK as quickly as 4 days. The US Postal Service quotes anywhere from 10 - 15 business days for your items to arrive internationally. If you see a "scan" from NYC (JFK) then it means your item has been loaded on a plane and should be with you soon!

Q: What if 15 business days have passed and my package has still not arrived?
A: Please post with your concerns here, it's easier to look into something that might have just passed it's deadline, rather than try and follow up months after. Please note that you the buyer need to do legwork on this end - you can also sign up for tracking updates from the USPS website - you will receive e-mail notifications of the package status when it changes.

Q: Are you customs friendly?
A: All items are marked a lower value as a general rule, and I'm aware of country limits on import amounts. I cannot be held responsible if your package is still held by customs despite my best efforts.

Q: If I check the status of my package and I see something I don't understand, should I ask for help?
A: Certainly, please post on this thread and if I am unable to help quickly, I"m certain another member or moderator might have insight about a strange scan.

DAMAGED OR MISSING ITEMS

Q: What if my items are missing or arrived damaged?
A: Your items are insured fully against loss or damage. We may have to wait up to 45 days before they can be declared missing. If your items arrived damaged, please retain the packaging and take pictures of the damage for submission to insurance.

With any insurance claim, you will be required to fill out a very simple form to receive your funds back.

Q: How do you package my items for shipping?
A: Steelbooks are wrapped in bubble wrap and then placed in a sturdy cardboard box. I also add fragile stickers.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Q: Will I get a quicker answer if I send you a PM?
A: Given the volume of items and packages that will be sent internationally, I will have little time for correspondence. If you have a general question, please post here and a member that has participated in my group buys before will probably be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update to everyone that is participating - a few things of note:

1) I've invoiced around 60+ or so and still waiting for a number of you to pay. Your shipment will be delayed if payment is not received soon.

2) Attempting to get around 40 or so packages sent out today, about to work through a second set of invoices paid soon.

3) If you are going to open your Mondo steels, please let me know, I have a few that are in great condition but have loose discs, I have set those aside for now. Shoot me a quick note if you haven't paid or have been invoiced but would take a loose disc copy.

4) A few random defects on some of these, just a general note about Shaun of the Dead - have noticed more defects on these than others and one in particular that is a factory defect - which is a line on the bottom of the steel (can be on top or bottom) that may show as black...it's like you took a pencil and made a short line. Nothing hugely noticeable, but it's there. I'm just noting this ahead of time, as it's not a paint chip or dent.

And finally, I took today off work to get a lot of these shipped out for you, so throughout the day I'll be packaging and sending a few more invoices. I'll take tonight off, but will be back to invoicing in the AM tomorrow and shipping another round Saturday AM.

Please pay ASAP when you get the invoice so I can get more of these out over the weekend.

Thanks again to everyone that's a member of HDN, hope these all are great additions to your collection.

I'm showing that your invoice states 1x copy of The Thing, 1x copy of the Shaun of the dead and 1x copy of Flash Gordon.

The line item shows 3x items total...

Is that incorrect?

@digitalbabe

sorry. my mistake. I saw it only as 3 shaun of the dead steels.

I then made a second mistake. after I paid, I see that the delivery address is incorrect.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for a great GB.

Best regards
Anders

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry. my mistake. I saw it only as 3 shaun of the dead steels.

I then made a second mistake. after I paid, I see that the delivery address is incorrect.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for a great GB.

Best regards
Anders

No worries Anders, I'll pass along your correct address to @digitalbabe.

I've removed it from your post, no need to post that publicly. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: IRON MAN