Target - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread [USA]

images

Feel free to talk about:

-Service
-Packaging
-Ship time
-Etc

I don't know if this happen to anyone.... but I had to order my E.T. Steelbook from them twice because the first order was canceled for no reason! at least they sent me an email but if it wasn't for that I would have been :ass: out! The funny thing is... I used a Target AMEX card to place my order :dunno:

Their customer service is the worst. I don't know if I have this on order or not. I set up a new account, placed the order, received confirmation. Went to cancel so I could add another, and it says my log on info is wrong. I requested new password about 20 times but never received email. Clicked on link in conf email to check status and it's still there. But I still can not log on.

Target takes a bit longer to ship, and their customer service is definitely delayed. I've had a few probs with them over the years, and with additional Steelbook exclusives like ET, I really hope they become more responsive...

Rick what kind of packaging do they have, jiffy bags or something? I want to pre-order E.T. The Extraterrestrial but I'm hesitant. I don't know what to expect. I hate this feeling of being at the mercy of the shipper and the currier. :(

Never bought a steelbook from Target before. What are my chances of getting one at the store? Am i able to order online and return to the store for a possible replacement or refund?

target cancelled my ET order even though I am hearing people who placed orders after me had theirs shipped. WTF target, do they just look at a current stock levels and cancel orders then let people order if more come in. Keep our orders open and fulfill them as they were ordered.

Combine this with Avengergeddon and I am honestly questioning their business practices.

I better get my steels tomorrow

Last edited:
yup. 3 separate online orders cancelled without notice. i am DONE with target.
...until i run out of toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste, etc....or an E.T. steelbook is being released ;)

Bullshit TARGET.COM!!! I will NEVER pre-order ANYTHING from them online EVER again!!!! I pre-ordered this steelbook from their website on 7/26. Called customer service today to see where my package is, as I have not received an email confirming dispatch. The customer service rep informed me today that my order was cancelled on October 4th, 2012 due to Target not being able to fulfill my order by estimated shipping date. They CANCELLED my order 3 weeks before the movie came out for not being able to fulfill, nevermind the fact that I pre-ordered this movie 4 months AGO!!! :wtf:!! Talked to a manger and the best they could do was re-place the order. INEXCUSABLE!!!! Thank goodness I can still go pick this up in any store, what I should have done in the first place.

TARGET.COM=JOKE

Hrm, sorry to hear about that watchtower. :( I hope that it all works out for you. Hopefully you can get one in-store.

I was fortunate enough that I ordered it the day before release and it has in fact shipped out and I have a projected delivery date for tomorrow. Now I'm just worried if my package will be OK or will it be crushed like a tin can. I hear Target are bad with shipping packaging. :ohno:

My order got cancelled with them and I reordered, I ordered 3 of them and it came today in a decent sized box, but the downside was that they were all stacked together with those air bags on top, they arrived safely though.

Mine came with small ding not enough to make a stink about. But a few weeks ago, another different order was also cancelled...odd....

Bullshit TARGET.COM!!! I will NEVER pre-order ANYTHING from them online EVER again!!!! I pre-ordered this steelbook from their website on 7/26. Called customer service today to see where my package is, as I have not received an email confirming dispatch. The customer service rep informed me today that my order was cancelled on October 4th, 2012 due to Target not being able to fulfill my order by estimated shipping date. They CANCELLED my order 3 weeks before the movie came out for not being able to fulfill, nevermind the fact that I pre-ordered this movie 4 months AGO!!! :wtf:!! Talked to a manger and the best they could do was re-place the order. INEXCUSABLE!!!! Thank goodness I can still go pick this up in any store, what I should have done in the first place.

TARGET.COM=JOKE

Sorry to hear about your order situation, watchtower. Were you able to find a copy in store?

My order was canceled also. That was the first and most likely the last time I bother with target.com. I have enough local stores near to just buy in store. I find it ridiculous they would cancel that many orders and not notify anyone smh

I am also never going to order anything from target.com

They cancelled my order without ANY notification. No email, no phone follow up, no call, nothing. As a matter of fact, when I tried to search for my order I couldn't find it.

Also, I must've at least requested a password reset 6 times from their site and never got a password reset email.

NEVER AGAIN!!!