Purchase link: Tarzan
Price: £19.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg05.jpg06.jpg
01.jpg04.jpg

Twitter guess for title of # 30
Thanks @omarbutt2012 on Twitter for guessing the right answer!

Follow us @hidefninja on Twitter and share your guess of what the last title in the Disney Collection will be. 1st person to guess correctly will get a little shout out in our thread, and thread will be updated and opened at that time. Thanks all for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame it's the last one but glad they got most of the best ones in the collection. Hope they continue with Pixar at some point. Hope the art for Tarzan is good.

I've personally not seen this and not to happy they are announcing this as the last. Still at least another 4 or 5 completely worthy of being in the collection, I've just mentioned this in the beauty and beast thread but I'll still get it as I love the Disney films and want to complete the collection. Plus I do hear good things about this. Was just hoping for rescuers down under, sword and stone and basil to be be included

It does seem a little odd for Tarzan to be the last release.

Zavvi will have released 30 out of the 52 UK classics. With only 22 remaining (excluding 53 onwards which I imagine will get title-less steelbooks), they were over half way there. I think the demand hasn't been as high for Disney steelbooks as there once was. Most of the earlier releases are still available on their website and even the OOP titles can be found on Ebay fairly cheaply.

Still, we'll see. Even if that's it for the older titles, it's still a nice collection.

Not overly fussed about Tarzan getting a release as I've never seen it.
I might get it somewhere down the line to complete my disney renaissance set, but its not a priority.

I've personally not seen this and not to happy they are announcing this as the last. Still at least another 4 or 5 completely worthy of being in the collection, I've just mentioned this in the beauty and beast thread but I'll still get it as I love the Disney films and want to complete the collection. Plus I do hear good things about this. Was just hoping for rescuers down under, sword and stone and basil to be be included
agreed
I was always hoping they'd do the full run of classics but apparently not :(

It does seem a little odd for Tarzan to be the last release.

Zavvi will have released 30 out of the 52 UK classics. With only 22 remaining (excluding 53 onwards which I imagine will get title-less steelbooks), they were over half way there. I think the demand hasn't been as high for Disney steelbooks as there once was. Most of the earlier releases are still available on their website and even the OOP titles can be found on Ebay fairly cheaply.

Still, we'll see. Even if that's it for the older titles, it's still a nice collection.
Zavvi didnt help themselves with over-saturation of the market - had they stalled the titles a bit more, and staggered the releases to maybe 1-2 titles per month, at absolute maximum, then I reckon they would have sold more. As it is, many of us are having to pick and choose which releases we keep and which we may purchase later.

Pretty sad it's now come to an end, but I'm glad they released all the ones I was really interested in. Now they just need to get back on track with the Pixar steels... those are the ones I REALLY want! :D

Reactions: movieknight
am personally in two minds
yes its good the runs ending as the rate they have been putting out the steels has gotten ridiculous, so its nice to not worry (OCD style) about completing my collection. But on the other hand, its a shame that so many deserving titles wont see the light of steelbook day :(

This is one of the Disney steelbooks I am interested for again, I hope the design is similar to Asian Lion King steelbook. Brown and looks like it's made out of wood. :D

Last edited:
You can't deny it would look awesome.

I am also glad this will be the final Disney steelbook for now. Now they can focus on Pixar and give me my Wall-E steelbook. (Too bad Blufans is already planning to release pretty awesome looking Wall-E steelbook.)