Purchase link: Tarzan
Price: £19.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg05.jpg06.jpg
01.jpg04.jpg

Twitter guess for title of # 30
Thanks @omarbutt2012 on Twitter for guessing the right answer!

Follow us @hidefninja on Twitter and share your guess of what the last title in the Disney Collection will be. 1st person to guess correctly will get a little shout out in our thread, and thread will be updated and opened at that time. Thanks all for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has been cancelled as well. What a shame. How can we ever trust their sales flashes again? I also cancelled other pre orders in response, except one (well I've saved myself some money now). As someone else pointed out, what you can you do though, when they are going to release exclusives I really want? I will still shop there but I think cancelling other (more expensive) preorders was the appropriate response.

Reactions: George Pearce
Canceled here, too. I preordered hundreds of steels for full price and now they do not honor my order to save them a few bucks. But we all know, thats Zavvi!! Worst customer service ever but they have some nice steelbooks to order. That makes it diffucult for us collectors to completely avoid them. I at least do not preorder anything else again from them to save me some money. Even if I miss some and have to pay a bit more on Ebay, that will still save me a lot of money and anger, when the prices drop to half after a couple of weeks.

Mine has also been cancelled, along with We Were Soldiers. Didn't even have the courtesy to send me an email to tell me. My hatred of Zavvi is at an all time high.
I will never pre order anything from them ever again!

I've had a in depth read about where we stand in respect of trading standards, and in a nutshell, we do not have a leg to stand on.

But.... and it's a big but, if it is indeed true that they have honoured some orders and not others, then they can and should be held accountable.

There is a bit of a grey area in regards to the fact that they took our money first, and by law that means you and the retailer have entered a binding contract, but they say due to online laws, they fall into grey area.

Have a look at at the website and you will see what I mean, nothing is 100% crystal!

On another note as a regular customer, they should of honoured it personally, and as much as I despise Zavvi, I won't be able to resist not buying Avengers! B*****ds!!!!!!!!

If it was an error its within their rights to cancel an order as no sale of contract actually happens until item has been paid for and actually shipped
Even when payment has been taken its not a contract of sale until the item you ordered has been shipped to you and a order can still be cancelled and refunded to the customer as it has not been shipped

If it was an pricing error they should have withdrawn the item from sale and corrected the price a lot sooner than they did these type of delays happen with on-line retailers with this all the time compared to a high street store as its noticed a lot quicker in a high street shop Some customers might have had their orders picked and processed for shipping before the price mistake was noticed and as they were shipped a contract of sale then applied so they could not cancel already shipped orders

Someone at Zavvi will get a telling off for creating a pricing error but they should have withdrawn the item from sale and corrected the price and honoured the orders that was at the cheaper price to have happy customers even though they are not obliged to honour the price

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
If it was an error its within their rights to cancel an order as no sale of contract actually happens until item has been paid for and actually shipped
Even when payment has been taken its not a contract of sale until the item you ordered has been shipped to you and a order can still be cancelled and refunded to the customer as it has not been shipped

If it was an pricing error they should have withdrawn the item from sale and corrected the price a lot sooner than they did these type of delays happen with on-line retailers with this all the time compared to a high street store as its noticed a lot quicker in a high street shop Some customers might have had their orders picked and processed for shipping before the price mistake was noticed and as they were shipped a contract of sale then applied so they could not cancel already shipped orders

Someone at Zavvi will get a telling off for creating a pricing error but they should have withdrawn the item from sale and corrected the price and honoured the orders that was at the cheaper price to have happy customers even though they are not obliged to honour the price

...and breathe. I have a few of these ,,,,,,,, and a few of these ........ spare if that helps. :)

The amount of abuse in this thread is ridiculous. I am sick of reading angry tirades regarding about Zavvi especially trivial matters like this (it was an error for goodness sake). Zavvi do have a lot of issues and deserve criticism a lot of the time but this just makes the forum an unpleasant place to be. I think some people should be ashamed.

On another note as a regular customer, they should of honoured it personally, and as much as I despise Zavvi, I won't be able to resist not buying Avengers! B*****ds!!!!!!!!

that is why them practically having a monopoly on the uk steelbook market is bad for collectors. i hope and pray hmv, amazon and play/entertainment store can secure more exclusives so we dont have to have our hobby held hostage by zavvi

The amount of abuse in this thread is ridiculous. I am sick of reading angry tirades regarding about Zavvi especially trivial matters like this (it was an error for goodness sake). Zavvi do have a lot of issues and deserve criticism a lot of the time but this just makes the forum an unpleasant place to be. I think some people should be ashamed.

What gets me is the customer favouritism. Honouring the deal to some but not others is shambolic.

I am sick of reading angry tirades regarding about Zavvi especially trivial matters like this (it was an error for goodness sake). I think some people should be ashamed.

One or two isolated errors could be considered trivial matters. But lets be honest here, what we are talking about is incompetence at an institutional level. the level and frequency of 'errors' is such that it reduces these problems to a running joke. but the joke is wearing thin now. no wonder people are getting irate. it actually causes a lot of stress and hassle that people could do without. as i mentioned before, it was my first transaction with them this year, and they cocked it up. its typical.

and yep, just checked my account and my orders have been cancelled. no notification, no explanation or apology, nothing. wonderful customer service.

When you all of a sudden have a price of 7.99 or less for ANY premium release that was selling > 20.00 on the average.
The same thing happens all of the time.EVERY SINGLE TIME in fact.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE.This will happen again in the future from ANY possible retailer.
First, someone will post it, then people flock to order it, then some will say "ordered" while others will say it is now "out of stock" or "link doesn't work"
Then you have the waiting period.Folks will comment about orders in the "processing" or "pending" phase....Finally, in the end, you will hear variations from order "shipped", "cancelled" or "being investigated"
People who get their orders cleared will BE VERY HAPPY and the ones who get their orders cancelled won't be happy.I know it' shocking to hear when these results occur.
Whats the moral of the story? if it sounds too good to be true,chances are,it is.Very simple but the truth.Don't expect a shocking price reduction to hold.It just isn't normal pricing.
You are participating in a lottery.You can only hope to WIN but please be realistic about your chances...

Nobody got to feel ashamed getting mad because of this. The customer is king. A price error is human and a cancellation acceptable. But not the way how zavvi treat their customers. When you do a failure you need to apologize and not be silent. And thats not the first time something is foul about them. There are ninjas who buy every steelbook release from them. And most of the time you buy a pig in a poke. We order and wait for in hand pictures to see how it looks like what we bought. And that become even normal. And yeah the price was very low but there was Disneys who was in sale close to that. And we never knew how the prices go at zavvi. First of the week its 20,99, end of the week is a super mega flash sale plus a voucher limited 1 hour voucher 18 % and it brings you to 8,99. Next day its 18,99. So saying curious prices are abnormal don't count for zavvi. Im not bashing zavvi, I love a lot of releases from them and will love the ones that lie ahead. But as a customer Im getting treated like crap and must be thankful for this. Sorry for slips in the grammar :thumbs:

By the way to not get totally off topic. With the next voucher code I will buy tarzan and sleeping beauty. I was happy that they will arrive and I want that feeling back :thumbs:

It's strange that some have been cancelled, but it's a bit ridiculous that people had their cards charged before their cancellations.

I'm just hoping the postman brings my £7.99 tarzan steelbook today!

Pricing errors occur with most online retailers, some honour deals but most cancel.
I must admit when I saw the price, my first thought was that is it a mistake.