Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £8.99

10921219-1400241424-939014.jpg

10921219-1401810867-463432.jpg
10921219-1401810867-463474.jpg
10921219-1401810867-463375.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nobody has pointed out that the turtles are yellow/brown... not green. you can tell they over saturated the colours because Donatello now has a pink/cherry mask instead of purple, and raph is ultraviolet red.

dismal.

Just great, it's region b? Guess I'll be selling it as soon as I get it. Can anyone confirm it's only region b? I guess I just don't want to believe it. It looks great in the pics, I still feel the front and back should be reversed lol.

Why do people complain about the region? Yea it sucks but why not just swap the discs, at least you still have the case, the steelbook is the main reason for buying it anyway so I don't see the problem.

Still waiting for mine to come in the mail

Why do people complain about the region? Yea it sucks but why not just swap the discs, at least you still have the case, the steelbook is the main reason for buying it anyway so I don't see the problem.

Still waiting for mine to come in the mail

I agree that the Steelbook is the main reason for buying, but having to buy the movie again because its a different region is a real pain. The movie is only 10 cdn where I am so its not a complete pain, but in the case of a new release paying an extra 20 for just a disc is terrible.

That being said I personally buy for the steel so for the ones that are locked I double dip if I have to.

What's the quality of this disc compared to the US disc?

UK:

Region:
B
Disc Kapazität:
BD-25 GB
Bildformat(e):
1920x1080i (1.85:1)
Video-Codec:
MPEG-4/AVC

US:

Codec: VC-1
Resolution: 1080p
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

US release is better (1080p , UK only 1080i -->interlaced)

edit: corrected info.

Last edited:
Thanks for that so uk disc is pants compared to the US disc carnt say I'm surprised. Also read now that the audio is 5.1 lossless on the us discs and 2.0 lossy on the uk ones. So on that basis ordered US triple pack from amazon.com for £13 delivered expedited which is actually cheaper than the steelbook suits me.

i just noticed that i possibly took the specs of TMNT (2007) when posting yesterday (2 different aspect ratios which made me doubt...).

i now fixed the infos, doesn't change anything, US transfer is 1080p, UK 1080i.
US transfer didn't have good reviews either.
here is a comment on the picuture quality (US disc!) from dvdbeaver:

A good deal of the first movie takes place in the darkness of the sewers and the dimly lit salons where Splinter and the turtles hide out. The turtles are generally nocturnal, so their forays into the city tend be at night as well. The first movie puts the noise issue to the test, and the results are, well, variable at best. Mostly, the image is simply thin and grainy. I can't say I was distracted by artifacts or other problems since the murkiness of the image took precedence. Your average decently produced DVD will look better. I didn't notice print damage, so there might have been some clean-up at work there. It is entirely possible this movie, and the first sequel – which looks a lot like the first, only worse – represent what we would have seen theatrically almost 20 years ago.

PYEI67v.jpg

A6PyVSS.jpg

34B6dsm.jpg

xCorgRE.jpg

Vu7lLS1.jpg

bVgec86.jpg

4qLq3jB.jpg

Watched this today with the kids. I thought it would be very dated now but I was surprised how well it holds up. The suits still look pretty good IMO. Also, I never knew Sam Rockwell was in this!!

Did anybody else notice that the 'Making Of' documentary is for part II (The Secret Of The Ooze) though??
:confused:

Just great, it's region b? Guess I'll be selling it as soon as I get it. Can anyone confirm it's only region b? I guess I just don't want to believe it. It looks great in the pics, I still feel the front and back should be reversed lol.

The disc is Region Free. You can ignore what the slip cover says.