Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £8.99

10921219-1400241424-939014.jpg

10921219-1401810867-463432.jpg
10921219-1401810867-463474.jpg
10921219-1401810867-463375.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home after an extra long day to this. It arrived in the A1 mailer with bubble wrap instead of the foam piece of paper. There's a small scratch on the front, but it almost looks like there was a piece of dust that got painted and then removed, it doesn't seem like a "scratch" but you can see metal.
dnrzw.jpg

zfglf.jpg

r216.jpg

Other than the minute scratch, nothing to write Zavvi about.

Beautiful steelbooks, only thing I would change is a debossed sewer cover on the back.

Reactions: MGD
Just wondering if anyone can help me out. Silly me wanted to actually watch the movie, so I popped it into my PS3 (Region A) and waited for it to load up. Nothing.

The disc shows up as "BDMV" and when I launch it and look at the info, it shows that it goes from "Title 6" to "Title 4" and then does nothing. It's stuck on a black screen with nothing and Title 4 has a listed time of 0:0:0.

I popped in a region free disc which loaded fine, and then I popped in a known Region B movie, which loaded up the blu-ray player can't play this region message (like it's supposed to).

I just tested it out on my other blu-ray player to pretty much the same results. The only differences were it showed up as "BD-ROM" and then the player just kicks back to the menu when I try to play it. Tested another Region free disc which worked and a B Region disc brought up the region message.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Last edited:
i went with the amaray 3 movie set for these, cant warrant paying £17 for 1 movie in a steel when i can get all 3 movies for £18 in a amaray box ;)

Unless it's Batman, then you buy all of them, two different of the Nolan ones, and the trilogy set.

I'm just playing with ya, thought that was a funny contradiction

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. Silly me wanted to actually watch the movie, so I popped it into my PS3 (Region A) and waited for it to load up. Nothing.

The disc shows up as "BDMV" and when I launch it and look at the info, it shows that it goes from "Title 6" to "Title 4" and then does nothing. It's stuck on a black screen with nothing and Title 4 has a listed time of 0:0:0.

I popped in a region free disc which loaded fine, and then I popped in a known Region B movie, which loaded up the blu-ray player can't play this region message (like it's supposed to).

I just tested it out on my other blu-ray player to pretty much the same results. The only differences were it showed up as "BD-ROM" and then the player just kicks back to the menu when I try to play it. Tested another Region free disc which worked and a B Region disc brought up the region message.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Sounds like a bad disc. Do you have region free player to try it on?

Post the results when you can.

So the blu-ray player I got my gf is all regions, when you turn it on, you hold down 1, 2, or 3 to set the region A, B, or C. It worked on all of them here.

I have no idea. I wonder if it's the brand, as my players are both Sony, and hers is LG.

Reactions: hansgruber
Unless it's Batman, then you buy all of them, two different of the Nolan ones, and the trilogy set.

I'm just playing with ya, thought that was a funny contradiction

Damn straight dude, i have like 6 different copies of each nokan movie, and 3-4 of the old versions, gotta be done xD

Reactions: dfoles
Post the results when you can.

Ok, so I can positively say I thoroughly tested it out on my gf's player. I used a B region disc to verify that the region settings were properly switching. Set it to B, tested. Set it to C and made sure the region lock message came up with my test disc. Popped in TMNT and it worked. Set it back to B and tested my test which loaded normally. Set it to A, tested, same thing.

I just tested on an old A region Magnovox player. It was exceedingly slow (old player problems) but it still loaded and played. Like I mentioned in a previous post, my ps3 quickly skipped through a black screen that shows up as "Title 6" then get hung up on a black screen "Title 4". Thanks to this Magnovox, I know Title 6 is the general piracy warning and "MediumRare" logo, Title 4 is the menu.

So it seems that the disc is Region Free, but it doesn't seem to like Sony Blu-Ray players. :angry:

I'm going to some friends' tonight where there's both a PS3 and PS4. I'll test further there.

Same problem on my friends PS3.

It worked in the PS4, but it asked if I wanted to allow blu-ray to connect to the internet. I don't know if they've never watched a movie on it, or if thT is something this disc tries to do.

I'll have to check my settings and see if there's anything against BD live...

It's probably because the disc is 1080i and not 1080p, as someone else previously suggested.