bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Bandai Namco Announces Tekken 7! :thumbs:

T7.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=120534

Today at the Evolution Championship Series (EVO) fighting game tournament held in the Westgate Las Vegas Hotel & Resort, Bandai Namco announced Tekken 7, the latest installment of the venerable franchise, powered by the award-winning Unreal Engine 4.

"The power and flexibility means that we can focus our efforts on making 'Tekken 7' the best possible game without worrying about spending time creating a stand-alone graphic engine," said Katsuhiro Harada, "Tekken" series Executive Producer/Game Director at Bandai Namco. "With Unreal Engine 4, we could rapidly achieve visual quality expected on next-gen platform and go beyond it. Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it allows us to immediately bring 'Tekken 7' to any platform we desire."

Tekken 7 took center stage at EVO, bringing the competition to a halt with a trailer (watch below) hinting towards the ambitious technical feats that Unreal Engine 4 will make possible for Harada and the "Tekken" development team. Working closely with the Epic Games engine group in Japan and leveraging the might of UE4, these two teams are fueling the next generation of fighting games.

"The 'Tekken' franchise is beloved and we couldn't be more excited to be working with the talented team at Bandai Namco," said Taka Kawasaki, Studio Head at Epic Games Japan. "This marriage is perfect - the most powerful engine in gaming along with one of the most enduring brands in fighting games. We have no doubt that these forces coming together will yield fantastic results."

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it's about time I got back into Tekken. I haven't played it since Tekken 3... bloody loved that game and have so many memories of playing it with friends.

This is somewhat bittersweet news. I too, am a fan of the series...but the last few releases have been somewhat lackluster.

I'd love to see them take current gen's full potential, and make it the very best effort in the Tekken franchise, but...we'll have to wait and see.

I just haven't been able to get into fighting games for about the last 6 or 7 years. I absolutely loved them back in the 90's and early 2000's though.

The battle between father and son continues! The all consuming rage that drives Kazuya to destroy his father reaches it's climax. How does the saga end?

TEKKEN 7 hits PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam on June 2nd, 2017! Pre-order now to receive Eliza on launch day.