Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Complete (Possible Blu-ray Boxset) (DVDPrime.com Exclusive No.20) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: $200.00 approx.

Note: 9 disc / 200 pages Hard cover book / 80 pages Illustration book

* But, It's possible when 450 members over of DVDPrime.com confirmed the package until end of this month.

3717068469_pkhe7EaP_00.jpg

* Japanese box set
3717068469_Klyqijof_04.jpg

Daayyyumm! Now how are we supposed to put out over $200 if it turns out to be #20?
Haven't watched the show, anybody wanna comment without any major spoilers? Like what other shows does it compare to?

Haven't watched the show, anybody wanna comment without any major spoilers? Like what other shows does it compare to?

Robots, drills, spirals, manly tears, and every sexual innuendo you make out of drills and spirals. It's a pretty fantastic show mainly because it knows exactly what it is and doesn't shy away from that. On the surface it's insanely generic (i.e. robots, boobs, etc.) but the designs/artwork, characterisation and humour are top-notch. The guy behind it is really big on retro anime and so it takes a lot of inspiration from old mech shows as well as things like Captain Harlock. The other thing he's known for is Kill la Kill, which is similar stylistically and somewhat in tone, but much more manic and throws all caution to the wind.

As much as I want more DVDPRIME exclusives, I already own the Japanese Blu-ray box of this (which I paid a mint for by the way), so I'm not sure if I'm game to throw another hundred on a double dip.

Robots, drills, spirals, manly tears, and every sexual innuendo you make out of drills and spirals. It's a pretty fantastic show mainly because it knows exactly what it is and doesn't shy away from that. On the surface it's insanely generic (i.e. robots, boobs, etc.) but the designs/artwork, characterisation and humour are top-notch. The guy behind it is really big on retro anime and so it takes a lot of inspiration from old mech shows as well as things like Captain Harlock. The other thing he's known for is Kill la Kill, which is similar stylistically and somewhat in tone, but much more manic and throws all caution to the wind.

As much as I want more DVDPRIME exclusives, I already own the Japanese Blu-ray box of this (which I paid a mint for by the way), so I'm not sure if I'm game to throw another hundred on a double dip.
I was never into robots stuff that much. Not against it either. If its good it doesn't really matter what its about. And I have watched some but not Harlock. Haven't watched Kill la Kill yet either, it is on my list to watch though.

It's DVDPrime.com's big project! Because, it's 20th exclusive title. Maybe, it will be amazing package! I can't wait!!!!
So is it confirmed to be 20th exclusive? or is it still "possible"?

It already exceeded 450 members.
Maybe, it will be cofirmed, soon.

I was never into robots stuff that much. Not against it either. If its good it doesn't really matter what its about. And I have watched some but not Harlock. Haven't watched Kill la Kill yet either, it is on my list to watch though.

So is it confirmed to be 20th exclusive? or is it still "possible"?

• Informative
Reactions: AlienKing
Daayyyumm! Now how are we supposed to put out over $200 if it turns out to be #20?

Extremely popular show but I gave up on it after about 8 episodes. It's quite possible I quit too soon however I feel if a show isn't hooking me around the 3 hour mark my time could be better spent on something else. I've also quit on stuff like FLCL, Eureka 7, Eden of the East and Baccano. If I have to try and convince myself it might get better then it's already too late. :rofl: Its very stylish but beyond that it feels extremely generic with regards to how many LOLANIMERITEGUYZ boxes it ticks. Strongly recommend you try and see some of it before investing $200 in it. There is every chance you may like it though - it really just depends what you want from the medium.

Extremely popular show but I gave up on it after about 8 episodes. It's quite possible I quit too soon however I feel if a show isn't hooking me around the 3 hour mark my time could be better spent on something else. I've also quit on stuff like FLCL, Eureka 7, Eden of the East and Baccano. If I have to try and convince myself it might get better then it's already too late. :rofl: Its very stylish but beyond that it feels extremely generic with regards to how many LOLANIMERITEGUYZ boxes it ticks. Strongly recommend you try and see some of it before investing $200 in it. There is every chance you may like it though - it really just depends what you want from the medium.
I completely agree with you. I know by 4th or 5th episode which direction the show is going, so if it doesn't interest me by then, I drop it. I liked Eden of the East though. I know not everybody is into that type of show. May be if I watched a similar show earlier, I might've liked it less. I guess everything has to just fit. If it was Eden I would've bought this. But I'm definitely not dropping $200 into something I don't know much about.

Reactions: Last Lizard
To much but really enjoyed this show, was on the fence to begin with but really enjoyed it and this is from someone who isn't really into many anime stuff.

Once a certain event happens it gets a lot better, I thought.

I'm out. Looks like they're just replicating the Japanese boxset (even down to the packing box which is neat), but with Korean text. $200 is a bargain though considering how much I paid for the Japanese set.