Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
You are so misinformed.

With a 4K set the image is upscaled automaticaly to 4K, So passive 3D is full 1080p to each eye due to the increased resoluion.

You are wrong, look it up.

FACT
3D does not upscale to 4K.

You are badly misinformed

3D does not upscale to 4K.

You are badly misinformed

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

When you watch a 2D or 3D movie on your 4K tv it is upscaled to 4K to fit the screen. If it wasnt being upscaled the image would only display on a quarter of the screen.

As show in the image below, The tv auto upscales to 4K and thats what gives passive 3D the extra pixels for 1080 to each eye.

IMG_3010.JPG

The TV i have does exactly this, here is a review of it from AVfourms, the review also states it does full hd 3d. https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-c6-oled55c6v-uhd-4k-tv-review.12713

"It's a shame that 3D is losing popularity and being phased out by most TV manufacturers because the C6 delivered a fantastic performance in the third dimension. The Full HD images delivered to each eye were bright and crosstalk-free, with deep blacks, natural colours and good motion handling"

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberpunk88

When you watch a 2D or 3D movie on your 4K tv it is upscaled to 4K to fit the screen. If it wasnt being upscaled the image would only display on a quarter of the screen.

As show in the image below, The tv auto upscales to 4K and thats what gives passive 3D the extra pixels for 1080 to each eye.

View attachment 324431

The TV i have does exactly this, here is a review of it from AVfourms, the review also states it does full hd 3d. https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-c6-oled55c6v-uhd-4k-tv-review.12713

"It's a shame that 3D is losing popularity and being phased out by most TV manufacturers because the C6 delivered a fantastic performance in the third dimension. The Full HD images delivered to each eye were bright and crosstalk-free, with deep blacks, natural colours and good motion handling"
Upscaling has nothing to do with the size of the image.
480p TV shows are shown on 16:9 TVs all day flling the screen. You can blow up any image without upscaling

I don't think the original question was about 4K tvs

Upscaling has nothing to do with the size of the image.
480p TV shows are shown on 16:9 TVs all day flling the screen. You can blow up any image without upscaling

If we are talking a standard 1080p set, then no Passive is not full HD, its halfed. if we are talking a 4K set then the passive 3D will display 1080p per eye. Im done talking about this now, there are plenty of Articles explaining this all over the web, look it up for yourself :)

View attachment 324431

Okay
I had another look.
You are partially right .
In a passive 4k set the image is now 1080 lines to each eye.
But in a active 3d set you already get that resolution.
One possible benefit would appear to be less crosstalk.

So I will eat a piece of humble pie.

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
If we are talking a standard 1080p set, then no Passive is not full HD, its halfed. if we are talking a 4K set then the passive 3D will display 1080p per eye. Im done talking about this now, there are plenty of Articles explaining this all over the web, look it up for yourself :)
Trust me. I know of what I speak. 480, 1080, etc. are resolutions not the size of your screen.
But, yeah...let's move on :p

Originally saw T2 in theaters back in the day but for some odd reason, they are not releasing the 3D version theatrically in South Africa?!