Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically 3D was dead 2 years ago (Television set production I mean) but they are still pushing out 3D films on blu ray and at the cinemas so not quite dead as of yet ;-)

According to Samsung senior management they have had record numbers of people asking for 3D and have seen a huge drop in 4K sales, LG, Sony, and Panasonic all the same. This is the last year of 4K it's finished with less adopters than Laserdisc or 3D, it's a dead format no one cares about.

This was the first 3D presentation of a film I've ever seen (wasn't in 2D) and the 3D effects were pants unless you count bits of rubble flying out of the screen as an enhanced viewing experience. Obviously I'm not criticizing the format, I just felt it was unnecessary in this film. Is it normally this way or did they underutilise it here? I don't understand the complaints about 4K, how anyone could hate seeing a brilliant film with all that sweet extra detail? 'Tis beautiful I tell thee!

According to Samsung senior management they have had record numbers of people asking for 3D and have seen a huge drop in 4K sales, LG, Sony, and Panasonic all the same. This is the last year of 4K it's finished with less adopters than Laserdisc or 3D, it's a dead format no one cares about.

Also families with small children are still asking for 3D. Kids don't care about 4K resolution over blu-ray and mums and dads are happy to put them in front of a 3D set to keep them quiet and bewildered. 4K is still a niche within a niche. It's really only the HDR which makes it worthwhile.

This was the first 3D presentation of a film I've ever seen (wasn't in 2D) and the 3D effects were pants unless you count bits of rubble flying out of the screen as an enhanced viewing experience. Obviously I'm not criticizing the format, I just felt it was unnecessary in this film. Is it normally this way or did they underutilise it here? I don't understand the complaints about 4K, how anyone could hate seeing a brilliant film with all that sweet extra detail? 'Tis beautiful I tell thee!

Go to a better cinema then, Odeon and Showcase are rubbish for 3D.

Saw this in a state of the art theatre and it was STUNNING!

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
Also families with small children are still asking for 3D. Kids don't care about 4K resolution over blu-ray and mums and dads are happy to put them in front of a 3D set to keep them quiet and bewildered. 4K is still a niche within a niche. It's really only the HDR which makes it worthwhile.

Nail and head. 4K is finished, sales are plummeting. The only people praising it are the ones you avoid at all costs in the pub

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and jitstark

For me good 3D isn't about things flying out at you but it's use of depth within the screen. Layer within layers. Watch Predator 3D and look at the leaves in the jungle. There's a lot of depth there. Just ignore the horrible DNR.

Go to a better cinema then, Odeon and Showcase are rubbish for 3D.

Saw this in a state of the art theatre and it was STUNNING!

It was the VUE, don't think anywhere else was showing it.

I must disagree though about all this 4K bashing on the here, and it's far from dead. There's been a big upsurge in 4K BD releases this year, when Disney gets involved you know it's a big deal. Plus streaming services (which I don't use, physical media FTW) have caught onto it. The only thing about 4K I'm not all that keen on are 2K DI upscales. If it has indeed "failed" as a format they'll slowly start to step away just like they did with Curved TVs. 3D just isn't my thang, it's a bit like a theme park attraction on a disc. Not the best analogy, but Christopher Nolan says it best!

Nail and head. 4K is finished, sales are plummeting. The only people praising it are the ones you avoid at all costs in the pub

Source? It gets all my praise and I don't drink never have, I might be from Essex but I'm no pub geezer. :D

It was the VUE, don't think anywhere else was showing it.

I must disagree though about all this 4K bashing on the here, and it's far from dead. There's been a big upsurge in 4K BD releases this year, when Disney gets involved you know it's a big deal. Plus streaming services (which I don't use, physical media FTW) have caught onto it. If it has indeed "failed" as a format they'll slowly start to step away just like they did with Curved TVs. 3D just isn't my thang, it's a bit like a theme park attraction on a disc. Not the best analogy, Christopher Nolan says it best!

Source? It gets all my praise and I don't drink never have, I might be from Essex but I'm no pub geezer. :D

Samsung senior management meeting. It's dead in the water

• Thanks

Never heard this but I'll just have to take your word for it. I doubt it though, if it does indeed cease production then it's most likely all physical media will follow with it. Overall, I still don't get the hate. Have you seen The Revenant in 4K? A-MA-ZING. We should all embrace 4K and all physical media, as long as people continue to buy discs it's a good thing, right? I mean, I'll encourage people to buy DVDs if it means keeping disc formats alive and well.

@UpsetSmiley I'm not looking to bash 4K. It's just not as popular as lots of people think it is. Pretty much because to get anything out of it you need a massive TV and the difference is quality between 4K (without the HDR) and BD isn't a great leap for regular folks like the jump from DVD to BD. I think the HDR feature of 4K looks incredible and something like The Revenant benefits greatly from it, but I haven't got room for a 55"+ TV to make it worth it. I feel the majority of people/families are in the same boat. Until the major TV companies start broadcasting in 4K then regular households won't care as much. BBC and ITV only really got behind HD relatively recently.

I wouldn't say if 4K fails then it's the end of physical media. People STILL buy DVDs after nearly 20 years of it. People are still buying loads of BDs. Physical media will still be around but it may just calm down a bit. The only real comparison I can give you is Vinyl records. Went away, now back with a vengeance.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo and UpsetSmiley
@UpsetSmiley I'm not looking to bash 4K. It's just not as popular as lots of people think it is. Pretty much because to get anything out of it you need a massive TV and the difference is quality between 4K (without the HDR) and BD isn't a great leap for regular folks like the jump from DVD to BD. I think the HDR feature of 4K looks incredible and something like The Revenant benefits greatly from it, but I haven't got room for a 55"+ TV to make it worth it. I feel the majority of people/families are in the same boat. Until the major TV companies start broadcasting in 4K then regular households won't care as much. BBC and ITV only really got behind HD relatively recently.

I wouldn't say if 4K fails then it's the end of physical media. People STILL buy DVDs after nearly 20 years of it. People are still buying loads of BDs. Physical media will still be around but it may just calm down a bit. The only real comparison I can give you is Vinyl records. Went away, now back with a vengeance.

I know mate and I like your attitude. :) I wasn't targeting anyone specifically, and I wholly agree with you that it isn't a huge step up from 1080p BD. I just can't see 4K going extinct, there's nothing I can find online about it fading into obscurity apart from the occasional rumour which have no validity at all. But there is lots of data out there when it comes to the success of 3D and Curved TVs, Sony for one is dropping 3D. That said I don't know anyone outside of these forums who has a 4K, 3D or Curved TV, lol. From what I've read over the years 3D is more popular at the cinema than it is on home video. But I'm not against 3D at all or anyone that likes it and I hope it doesn't come across that way, it's just not my cup of tea and I love the boost in image clarity (even if minor, great movies deserve it) and Atmos sound that 4K delivers. All I was saying is that T2 in 3D just didn't do it for me at all, the film was excellent though so I'm still glad I saw it. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
To be honest I will believe that when I see it. I know you aren't a fan as you regularly bash 4K. I don't think it's taken off like expected no and I do think it will be a niche format. Let's be honest even blu-ray is still a niche compared to DVD. The differences are subtle and the majority of people won't spend the money for the difference as they already don't with DVD to blu-ray.

It is still the highest quality way to watch a film at home, a reference 4K disc with HDR can look substantially better than the Blu-ray. The problem is too many discs don't offer significant upgrades at the moment. I still don't see it dying anytime soon though. They have invested too much to quit, I also don't see 3D coming back until you get glasses free 3D. Too many people didn't like wearing them for it to ever take off. I like 3D and 4K, I wish they did consider bringing it back but I can't see it.

I really don’t get it. As you a movie fan you should be happy that movies are coming out in the best quality possible right? So you can enjoy it even more.
At least I do.

More and more catalogue titles are coming out on 4K, with T2 as an example.
This is a really good sign.

I thought people would be happy, or is it again some form of jealousy because they don’t have an 4K TV/UHD player?
Because I think it’s just that.

There’s no info about 4K is failing, if it is, please provide it then and don’t just shout something, otherwise it’s just your opinion.

Edit: here’s a link https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1505110408

It’s going great!

Last edited:
I thought people would be happy, or is it again some form of jealousy because they don’t have an 4K TV/UHD player?
Because I think it’s just that.

No I'm not jealous. I'm just old. I'm still using a 1080P Panasonic Plasma TV from 2007.
So regular Blu-ray is fine for me. I have no intention of ever upgrading to 4K.

The only thing I have against 4K is the fact that the price of steelbooks have increased quite a bit in Canada.
We now mostly only get the option of 4K/2D steelbooks. We don't get the less expensive alternative Blu-ray/DVD or Blu-ray only steelbooks anymore like the US and the rest of the world still get.

The steelbook for Wonder Woman was a 4K/2D with a price of $44.99.

As you know, Germany is getting the same art (the one both of us don't like - the same art that we received in Canada) for €24.99 which would be $36.75 Canadian. It contains just the Blu-ray.

327587-5bf0f005a2438d7cee60f56a4326694c.jpg

I think this is quite a pointless debate. Just enjoy what you’re happy with. I still know people using DVDs and have no intention of upgrading.

No I'm not jealous. I'm just old. I'm still using a 1080P Panasonic Plasma TV from 2007.
So regular Blu-ray is fine for me. I have no intention of ever upgrading to 4K.

The only thing I have against 4K is the fact that the price of steelbooks have increased quite a bit in Canada.
We now mostly only get the option of 4K/2D steelbooks. We don't get the less expensive alternative Blu-ray/DVD or Blu-ray only steelbooks anymore like the US and the rest of the world still get.

The steelbook for Wonder Woman was a 4K/2D with a price of $44.99.

As you know, Germany is getting the same art (the one both of us don't like - the same art that we received in Canada) for €24.99 which would be $36.75 Canadian. It contains just the Blu-ray.

327587-5bf0f005a2438d7cee60f56a4326694c.jpg
It's normal for prices to be high at the start of a new format it was the same when Blu-ray was first released prices was high
As more 4K UHD discs gets get manufactured prices will start to drop

A Blu-ray that now cost £15.00 was on average £30 or more when Blu-ray first started to be released
The production of discs been made increased and prices lowered it was also the same when DVD first started to be released

It's normal for prices to be high at the start of a new format it was the same when Blu-ray was first released prices was high

A Blu-ray that now cost £15.00 was on average £30 or more when Blu-ray first started to be released
The production of discs been made increased and prices lowered it was also the same when DVD first started to be released

Yes but unfortunately the steelbooks being released today won't be in stock at reduced prices in 2 years.
Well, maybe at Zavvi.

Yes but unfortunately the steelbooks being released today won't be in stock at reduced prices in 2 years.
Well, maybe at Zavvi.
Popular films will always get re-releases from film distributors when new format has become more mainstream as in amount of discs been made increases and makes the production cost lower
You will see 4K UHD re-releases for steelbooks if still popular in a few years time and I expect they will be

New format is always more expensive at the start simply because of the amount of discs been made is at the low end and the cost is high as a result
As more of the public upgrade to 4K TV and purchase 4K Blu-ray players the demand for the 4K UHD discs will increase and prices will drop

In a few years 4K UHD discs releases will be £15.99 or less

One of the main reasons why you don't see most of the independent film distributors not do 4K UHD yet is because the costs are to high
It's cheaper for the main film distributors like Warner/Sony etc to do 4K UHD than it would be for Independent Film Distributors

Production of 4,000 UHD discs = high cost
Production of 50,000 UHD discs = lower cost

I purchased films on DVD and Blu-ray when first started to be released and paid £30 to £40 for each release and later saw the same film be re-released a few years and cost was on average £15 each

When I was a buyer in the business with Tower Records DVD prices was high I approached Columbia Pictures (Now owned by Sony) and Warner to launch a promotions to push the sales of DVD after DVD was first released

DVD prices was at that stage £25 to £30 each I got them to do a buy 2 for £30 promotion and the sales increased by a huge amount they then followed up these 2 for £30 promotions with other retailer stores which pushed DVD sales to be mainstream and price then dropped to £15.00 each instead of £30 each

Just wait till 4K UHD discs is mass produced it will happen eventually as will steelbook re-releases with 4K UHD happen

Last edited:

Well said. Price will come down gradually. Remember spending $30 on ID4 Laser Disc !!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Regular bluray for life ! :D I haven't voluntarily purchased any 4K or 3D discs. Just give me the best 1080p bluray possible. I'm a big fan of "Remastered in 4K" titles.

• Thanks