Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don’t get it. As you a movie fan you should be happy that movies are coming out in the best quality possible right? So you can enjoy it even more.
It's a fallacy to equate pixel count with quality. There's a reason that a majority of films are still finished using 2K DIs: once you're beyond a certain threshold, MOAR PIXELS stops being noticable to the naked eye. I'm still on the fence in regards to HDR.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
It's a fallacy to equate pixel count with quality. There's a reason that a majority of films are still finished using 2K DIs: once you're beyond a certain threshold, MOAR PIXELS stops being noticable to the naked eye. I'm still on the fence in regards to HDR.
To clarify, for me the 4K version is also HDR, so the total representation. I think everybody means this, or not?

Jeez, everytime I see a post on this thread, I have a heart attack, I'm half expecting another delay notice or something related to the steelbook..:rolleyes:

Can we take all this 4K vs 1080p Bluray vs DVD vs VCD vs VHS vs Betamax vs Laserdisc talk to another thread or something ?!:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yy0925
With Zavvi suddenly "finding" stock of pretty much every release, I have pretty good hope I'll manage to get a hold of this when release nears.

Reactions: gaeljet
Jeez, everytime I see a post on this thread, I have a heart attack, I'm half expecting another delay notice or something related to the steelbook..:rolleyes:

Can we take all this 4K vs 1080p Bluray vs DVD vs VCD vs VHS vs Betamax vs Laserdisc talk to another thread or something ?!:D

nope.gif

basil :D

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks
I know mate and I like your attitude. :) I wasn't targeting anyone specifically, and I wholly agree with you that it isn't a huge step up from 1080p BD. I just can't see 4K going extinct, there's nothing I can find online about it fading into obscurity apart from the occasional rumour which have no validity at all. But there is lots of data out there when it comes to the success of 3D and Curved TVs, Sony for one is dropping 3D. That said I don't know anyone outside of these forums who has a 4K, 3D or Curved TV, lol. From what I've read over the years 3D is more popular at the cinema than it is on home video. But I'm not against 3D at all or anyone that likes it and I hope it doesn't come across that way, it's just not my cup of tea and I love the boost in image clarity (even if minor, great movies deserve it) and Atmos sound that 4K delivers. All I was saying is that T2 in 3D just didn't do it for me at all, the film was excellent though so I'm still glad I saw it. :thumbs:

I'm a fan of 3D but I do admit to loving the HDR 4K provides and the Dolby Atmos sound. Panasonic do a 55" 4K 3D TV (that's difficult to say). I'd upgrade but it's still too big a TV for the space I have. Hopefully they'll do a slightly smaller one just for me :D. 4K will stick around but it'll take a while to kick in.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
4K Ultra Blu-ray is so much better than regular Blu-rays. People who dont have it are the ones who criticize it. To me its just as big a jump as going from DVD to Blu-ray. Its much clearer. No pixelation as it is high bitrate and the color is so much more real.

I have a 4K high end model 60 inch Samsung in the lounge and a 3D 1080p 65inch THX spec in the cinema room. Both set up professionally using the Spears and Munsil calibration disc. UHD isn't that much better. Dvd to bluray was MASSIVE in quality terms, bluray to 4K isn't remotely near as big a jump.

Perfect example, 12 staff members were given demo footage on both 4K and bluray by Samsung tech department on a absolute cutting edge screen. Of the 12, 10 couldn't see any difference.

Those praising 4K to me are doing so because they hate that they have upgraded to a format with a VERY short life span. I had no opinion but to buy 4K as I wanted another 3D set but high end models last year were 4K only. I have 4K, I don't rate it

I have a 4K high end model 60 inch Samsung in the lounge and a 3D 1080p 65inch THX spec in the cinema room. Both set up professionally using the Spears and Munsil calibration disc. UHD isn't that much better. Dvd to bluray was MASSIVE in quality terms, bluray to 4K isn't remotely near as big a jump.

Perfect example, 12 staff members were given demo footage on both 4K and bluray by Samsung tech department on a absolute cutting edge screen. Of the 12, 10 couldn't see any difference.

Those praising 4K to me are doing so because they hate that they have upgraded to a format with a VERY short life span. I had no opinion but to buy 4K as I wanted another 3D set but high end models last year were 4K only. I have 4K, I don't rate it

But humans have a very short life span, right?

You have a 60" TV? Could you invite me round to yours so I can watch Blade Runner 4K on it. :drool:

Honestly though, I wasn't trying to get on anyone's bad side. I respect that you've tried it but aren't a fan.

11515066-2894504496932878.jpg 11515064-1204500108971835.jpg 11515065-8794500109179951.jpg 11515063-4444500108891432.jpg
Is the 2D disc in this edition remastered in 4K ? or is it just the 3D disc that's been remastered ?

I'm not an expert but I don't know if either disc is 4K since there isn't a 4K UHD disc in there.

Just a remastered Blu-ray and a remastered 3D disc.
Like I said I don't know anything about 4K, 3D or remastered in 4K.
There is even a remastered DVD.

But I thought that's why they released a remastered 4K amaray.

Last edited:

I am not praising it because I upgraded to it. I bought a Xbox One S rather than spend huge amounts on a standalone player. I have been impressed with some discs and not so much with others. I do think the format has some mileage yet though. I will agree that the difference is nowhere near that of VHS to DVD. That was a massive jump and this isn't anywhere near as big.

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925 and harry

I agree completely. blu-steel is almost always dead on but to say this is as big a jump from DVD to Blu-ray is a bold statement. I've seen quite a few 4K titles now in a number of different setups. I have a friend who has the same Samsung 60 inch you own or very similar. I have a friend with a 4K projector as well. You really need a 70 inch or bigger screen to really see anything truly noticeable in my opinion. You need to sit very close because we compared watching GOTG 2 and Goodfellas. Goodfellas you could tell the colors had just slighty more pop but it wasn't anything special. And GOTG 2 you had to sit 6 feet or closer to notice what I thought were minimal differences and I would never have chosen to sit that close to the 70 inch screen. At 10-12 feet which was where we were sitting you could not tell any real difference. This was about 3 weeks ago.
We did this based on an article which could be right or wrong I almost never take anything I read as gospel so we did this test. But in the article it said if you didn't sit at minimum 7 feet or closer to your TV the human eye cannot tell the difference between 4K and 1080P. I wish I could remember where that was from but I can't, my buddy found it. The article was using a 65 inch 4K TV as its basis. Also 4K will certainly not sell like Blu-ray did in it's first say 3 years (and beyond) it is way behind where Blu-ray was in this same time, about the 1 year mark for 4K players and Titles. The initial rollout for 4K TVs 2-3 years ago up to now has been a disaster. The last 12 months have been better but initial sales in the beginning of 4K sets that didn't have HDMI 2.2 was a disaster. They were selling hardware they knew would never work with refresh rates that were not up to spec. Those poor suckers, yikes. Most people are more than happy with 720p HD broadcast TV and 1080P Blu-ray movies and 720p-1080p streaming services.

At 10-12 feet which was where we were sitting you could not tell any real difference. This was about 3 weeks ago.
We did this based on an article which could be right or wrong I almost never take anything I read as gospel so we did this test. But in the article it said if you didn't sit at minimum 7 feet or closer to your TV the human eye cannot tell the difference between 4K and 1080P.

One of the things I have heard over the years is that the distance away from your TV (in feet) that you should sit is determined by the size of your screen to fully appreciate the picture.

The bigger the screen, the further away you should be sitting. I know there is a chart somewhere.
Big screen TV's (such as a 70" model) weren't created for you to sit closer to the screen. And certainly not only 6 feet away. So like you say, how are you supposed to tell the difference?

4K Ultra Blu-ray is so much better than regular Blu-rays. People who dont have it are the ones who criticize it. To me its just as big a jump as going from DVD to Blu-ray. Its much clearer. No pixelation as it is high bitrate and the color is so much more real.
If you're seeing pixelation while watching a Blu-Ray, it's either a bad disc or bad TV settings.

4k is better than standard blu ray, but i have seen some standard blu ray films that give 4k a run for it's money. This debate on 4k, 3d, standard blu ray is not so simple, 4k & standard are just picture resolution like dvd was to vcd, but 3d has nothing to do with that argument, it's a totally different experience altogether. The issue's started when the studio's began dropping 3d "ON THE BACK OF 4K" being introduced. Both 4k & 3d have nothing to do with each other apart from timing; i remember when 4k was released and the studio's were concerned that there would be a stand off with the golden child at the time 3d. 3d at the time was not pulling in the revenue they wanted, and tried to push 4k into a more mainstream acceptance with bigger profits. On a side note; 8k was also on the table but considered too much right now and money could be made now (4k) rather than later (8k), coupled with 3d take up being confused with different systems (passive & active) plus the need for glasses stunting its growth. You have to understand, the vast majority of hollywood doe's not understand the 3d potential and have produced alot of "lazy" conversion's concentrating on depth at the expense of the more expensive 3d special effects which require more thought as to their proper use. 4k is good, i will happily spend an extra £5 on a 4k disc being included providing it has a 3d disc aswell; no 3d, no 4k, standard is much cheaper (will continue to drop as 4k drops aswell !), and is still great to look at. 1st is the steelbook. I/you can swap the disc at a latter date. Why spend an extra £10 on a "steelbook" when you can save the difference and upgrade your disc when it suits you at a latter date (3d,4k,8k whatever), to me, it's the steelbook that makes the package stand out as a physical medium. Happy hunting Ninjas !

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jitstark