Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any members of staff @Wreck or mods who have contact with the studios please ask Studio Canal why the f*** the English track is 5.1 but the German track is 7.1????

Germany did their own dub and decided to mix it in 7.1. There are a number of German releases like The Blues Brothers which had better spec dubs (BB was in Atmos I believe). Depends how much the German Studio budgeted to create the dub I presume.

The official latest mix is 5.1-EX because that is when it was remixed for the Ultimate Edition DVD Version.

Have to agree, the 2D transfer is outstanding, didn't notice any colour issues though, watching on a calibrated 4k telly however. I was also really impressed with the 3D. I'm a huge fan of 3D however, not usually when it's rendered in post but they did a good job with this one. Appreciate it's not for everyone, but good 3D on a decent telly really can add a lot to the movie, Life of pie, dawn of the planet of the apes as two examples looks amazing. However it's pretty poor on things like man of steel. There was a bit of a craze for it a few years back but I think it damaged 3D overall as poor post production renders really don't add anything but seeing something shot in full 3D could change your mind.

I watched the 3D on the LG C6 OLED, The 3D was good at first glance but about 30 mins into the film i forgot i was watching it in 3D because it didnt stand out all that much. The 3D had nothing on Avatar, Transformers 4-5, Guardians of the galaxy.

If anyone happened to order 2 and they both arrive unscathed, if you plan on sending one back, I'd happily take it instead.

Missed out on this both times and now my Endoarm edition is cancelled, I need some kind of Arnie comfort!!
it's back in, just got text from Zavvi, less than 100 as of 11.59 this morning

Reactions: Bungral
0LfOsGf.jpg

Just got T2 3D steelbook today. Looks great!

According to Zavvi this Bluray is region free, but the j-card says "Region B". It won't play in my player... :confused:

I watched the 3D on the LG C6 OLED, The 3D was good at first glance but about 30 mins into the film i forgot i was watching it in 3D because it didnt stand out all that much. The 3D had nothing on Avatar, Transformers 4-5, Guardians of the galaxy.

I agree that the 3D didn't really "pop" that much compared to more modern 3D films, but what impressed me was the extra clarity it gave most scenes. So yeah, not one for showing off your 3D setup but it's still the way I'll be watching the film in future.

Watched the 3D disc this evening.

Maybe I'm easily pleased but I thought this looked fantastic. PQ is top notch IMO and I thought the 3D conversion was excellent.

The scene with Arnie on the Harley holding the shotgun up waiting for the T-1000 to come out of the fiery truck crash, that shotgun was coming right out of my TV!

Well pleased with how this turned out. :thumbs:

Amazing just how badl they can pump out crappy quality T2 steelbooks.
Thank god for Novamedia, I’ll just slip the disks into the box and hide this steel away.

Reactions: taher
Im still yet to see a really awesome T2 steelbook in the UK, the best there has been is the Nova, we need a great steelbook for this fantastic movie.

It's impossible to top Nova's T2 Steelbook
It's possible HDzeta will have a steelbook release at some stage ;)

For now Nova T2 steelbook is the best looking until a better steelbook gets released
There will be more steelbooks of T2 over the coming years as it's a title that will always sell

It's possible HDzeta will have a steelbook release at some stage ;)

For now Nova T2 steelbook is the best looking until a better steelbook gets released
There will be more steelbooks of T2 over the coming years as it's a title that will always sell

But what image will be better than the one used by Nova?
I mean where else can you really go with this title?

But what image will be better than the one used by Nova?
I mean where else can you really go with this title?
Steelbooks can always have a better release that why we double or triple dip etc on purchasing the same film over and over as collectors
Some we get that are better and some that are not

This is a film that will have lot more steelbook releases over the coming years so it is possible to better Nova as to if and when that happens it's just a matter of waiting

Just to add, I watched the extras today. If you watch the trailers you can see how this remastered version is so different. Completely different colours / sounds as well. Especially when they fire the guns. It sounds different in the trailers and actual film. They've used better sound packs in the edit. Arnold's head has also been CGi'd in when he does that bike jump during the HGV lorry chase in the beginning.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yy0925
Regarding picture quality: the new scan is sharper and detailed, but the colour grading is completely off, it has a revisionist teal-ish look that makes skies look purple instead of blue.
Also T2 in 3d? Thanks but no thanks... i wonder why people wanna watch movies in ways they were never intended to be seen.

How about colorize "citizen kane" next?

I felt that as well about the purple. Is it me or does it look like it's been graded more in line with T5 Genisys. The lasers from the guns in the fight against the robots in the intro scene are purple as well. I didn't notice that before. Just like in T5 Genisys.