Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
it's pretty sad btw. to see i'm alone with my opinion here, in any other place i checked people agree that this new transfer is a disaster, and this thread would serve as a laughing stock only.
You can check out the T2 thread on BR.com. It’s the same.
And you’re not alone. Like you some people don’t like it and others don’t.

And one important detail....James Cameron wanted this. We should respect the wishes of the director right?
If we are discussing grain, people always say it’s how the director intended it, because of the usage of film, but when a director decided otherwise after many years, grain lovers don’t respect the wishes of the director anymore.
I’m confused.

I saw the UHD version and it’s the best version so far. It’s not perfect, but beats all other versions.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
And one important detail....James Cameron wanted this. We should respect the wishes of the director right?
If we are discussing grain, people always say it’s how the director intended it, because of the usage of film, but when a director decided otherwise after many years, grain lovers don’t respect the wishes of the director anymore.
I’m confused.

IMO we should be able to see the film as it was originally - without extra footage thrown in, enhancements, grain removal, and revisionist coloring.

If a director wants to go back and re-do things, fine - but please included the original version of the film with it.

My issue with this release is those of us who want the grain to be there and don't want the digital sharpening can't undo those alterations, but if people do want to remove the grain and sharpen the film those features are built into most TVs now and they can alter it themselves, while leaving the untouched version for those who prefer it. This release only gives us the digitally altered film.

Plus there's the fact on the 2D release only the theatrical version of the film was remastered, leaving all scenes exclusive to the extended cut looking exactly like the previous release, grain and old coloring included. They stick out like a sore thumb and it doesn't help this release.

This is to me the best release of the film available, and it certainly has loads of new detail to it, but it could have been perfect to me if they hadn't wiped the grain and sharpened it. But i'm gonna live with it until the film (probably) gets released again.

im all for the remaster. When we saw the 3d version in the theatre a couple months ago it was fantastic. The clarity and detail were great. The old version has its certain charm but in this case i will watch the newer transfer with no thought about the "lack of grain"

It's a steelbook forum.
I thought all the criticism was supposed to be about the awful steelbook?

I believe there is a forum on HDN for discussing the movies themselves.
So why waste time typing OPINIONS about the FILM here?

Just go back to 1991 and watch it in the theatre again if you (insert name here) don't like the home options.

I hate the theatre / cinema including IMAX. I have an amazing home set up. I dont like projected films anymore ... i can see the pixels. Once youve gone OLED 65" you cant watch anything any other way.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
It's a steelbook forum.
I thought all the criticism was supposed to be about the awful steelbook?

I believe there is a forum on HDN for discussing the movies themselves.
So why waste time typing OPINIONS about the FILM here?

we are not discussing the film here, but how the film looks on the new disc that is included in this very steelbook. i hope that's ok for you.

This is supposed to be a friendly community, where members can express their opinions, hopefully, without being personally attacked for doing so. What floats the boat of one member may not do so for others and viewing experiences and expectations will always differ.
Personally I don't get why that is such a complex concept for those who choose to attack the innocent comments of others......

i don't see any personal insults or attacks. grown-ups usually can take a certain amount of criticism or an argument about differing opinions. ;)

You do realise that the skynet edition of T2 was DNR’d to hell also and worse than this new release, at least the new master has alot more detail in it, the skynet edition was just blurry and all detail was removed thanks to DNR.

i never mentioned the skynet edition. i was talking about the 2015 disc, which, while coming from the same transfer, has the grain left intact.

Honestly can’t believe how much thought is going into this. Just watch the damn film.

this made me laugh hard. on a forum where people are more concerned about the packaging being glossy or matte, or if the back of the case has a small paint chip or not, and 99% of collectors don't even open
their movies?
seriously?
everytime any of this issues pops up in the future, i will just answer: "Just watch the damn film". or "Just buy the f*cking amaray if some minor defects on your steel bother you so much."

You can check out the T2 thread on BR.com. It’s the same.
And you’re not alone. Like you some people don’t like it and others don’t.

I’m confused.
1. only that on br.com (that's where i hang out most of the time these days as people are more concerned with what actually counts - the disc content, the transfer, the movie) the majority of people sees how altered the picture actually is for a movie that was shot on film. only a small minority actually prefers the new look, so i found it quite shocking that it has such a strong backing over here.

2. the director's initial intention while creating a film, and the director's intention while "remastering" his movie decades later because a studio is paying him to use his name on a the new thing, are two completely different things.
best example that comes to mind is the atrocious remaster william friedkin approved for "french connection".

IMO we should be able to see the film as it was originally - without extra footage thrown in, enhancements, grain removal, and revisionist coloring.

If a director wants to go back and re-do things, fine - but please included the original version of the film with it.

My issue with this release is those of us who want the grain to be there and don't want the digital sharpening can't undo those alterations, but if people do want to remove the grain and sharpen the film those features are built into most TVs now and they can alter it themselves, while leaving the untouched version for those who prefer it. This release only gives us the digitally altered film.

Plus there's the fact on the 2D release only the theatrical version of the film was remastered, leaving all scenes exclusive to the extended cut looking exactly like the previous release, grain and old coloring included. They stick out like a sore thumb and it doesn't help this release.

This is to me the best release of the film available, and it certainly has loads of new detail to it, but it could have been perfect to me if they hadn't wiped the grain and sharpened it. But i'm gonna live with it until the film (probably) gets released again.

this! ;) you make me feel less alone around here. thank you. :)

3D picture quality looks very good to me on my Panasonic 3D 42" Plasma TV
It's even better than the 2D

2017 2D Theatrical Cut Blu-ray looks great on my Plasma TV compared to the previous Blu-ray releases of the theatrical cut from 2008/2009/2015/2016 from UK/Germany/USA/Japan/Korea
Remember it's the theatrical cut that was remastered not the special edition or extended cut

I will be watching this weekend using my Projector on my 80" Projector Screen and on a 120" Screen (White Wall) to see what it looks like on a big screen compared to previous releases

Steelbook yes is not the best looking compared to previous steelbooks but I got this steelbook for the 3D remaster Blu-ray + new extras documentary and to add to my existing Terminator 2 Judgment Day steelbooks

24991262_10213914479516683_7512228166236412998_n.jpg 24991276_10213914479956694_8421151470320777004_n.jpg 25152411_10213914481676737_675913689947206512_n.jpg

24991080_10213914480276702_2012971593592671033_n.jpg 24991334_10213914481156724_1470476280968852843_n.jpg 25152175_10213914481996745_8476486769346620451_n.jpg

25151846_10213914482356754_7117109067686256585_n.jpg 25289396_10213914482716763_2948042338413681392_n.jpg 24909691_10213914482956769_697457070215961015_n.jpg

25299006_10213914575919093_4842348835271842656_n.jpg

To clarify, your system is better than cinema including IMAX?

That's not what I said.

I prefer my home theatre as I have it set up / calibrated to my taste. Can't tolerate watching films at the cinema anymore I can notice pixels on the screen. Can't always have the best seat possible and I just hate the look of projected images. It isn't as sharp, vibrant, clean as OLED.

The best way to watch films is on a projector as in a good one and not some cheap projector
A decent projector will cost you £5,000 to 20,000 and they not cheap to maintain as lamps need replacing every few years

There is a new laser projector out that's amazing and lasts 20,000 hours with no lamp replacement needed but it cost a huge amount :rofl:

When you have a decent projector you will notice a huge difference and is brilliant way to watch films but you need a decent size room to put up a 80" to 150" screen

I'm looking at replacing my existing projector I got back in 2004 that cost me €5,000 back then

If my bank is willing to loan me €5,000 to €8,000 :rofl: I'm looking to upgrade to one of the new 4K projectors

Last edited:
The best way to watch films is on a projector as in a good one as in not some cheap projector
A decent projector will cost you £5,000 to 20,000 and they not cheap to maintain as lamps need replacing every few years

There is a new laser projector out that's amazing and lasts 20,000 hours with no lamp replacement needed but it cost a huge amount :rofl:

When you have a decent projector you will notice a huge difference and is brilliant way to watch films but you need a decent size room to put up a 80" to 150" screen

I'm looking at replacing my existing projector I got back in 2004 that cost me €5,000 back then

If my bank is will to loan me €5,000 to €8,000 :rofl: I'm looking to upgrade to one of the new 4K projectors

Thought you were years off from upgrading and didn’t have interest in 4K, yet...??!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Thought you were years off from upgrading and didn’t have interest in 4K, yet...??!
It will be years before I have spare funds of €5,000 to €8,000 :LOL::p

The projector I have now was top of the range back in 2004 it's now outdated compared to what's available now
It's also very expensive to replace the lamp it lasts only 2,000 hours it costs me €180 to €200 every 2 years so it's better if I upgrade to one of the newer models that have a lamp that last longer most last 6,000 hours and simply are better projector than what I have at the moment and replacement lamps are cheaper.

Reactions: sunnyx
It will be years before I have spare funds of €5,000 to €8,000 :LOL::p

The projector I have now was top of the range back in 2004 it's now outdated compared to what's available now
And if you splash €5,000-€8,000 out on a 4K projector now it will be outdated in a few years when 4K dies out completely!!!!! :LOL::rofl: