Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionsgate usually means locked unfortunately.

It's studiocanal release in Europe
USA release is Lionsgate

I have seen reports that the German Studiocanal release is Region locked but not sure if that's based on Disc listing Region B or been tested in a Region A player

Got this today, comes in a wrap around j-card, not a slip, and is the same as the german edition, both discs are region B (no way of checking for sure)

It doesn't look that bad at all really, when the light reflects off the paint, it looks great, very metallic feel. Steelbook is matte finish, no embossing as expected. Got a tiny paint chip on mine though....Enjoy my pics...

Will watch the 3D version tonight, can't wait....:thumbs:
P1160541.jpg
P1160542.jpg P1160543.jpg P1160544.jpg P1160545.jpg P1160546.jpg P1160547.jpg

If anyone happened to order 2 and they both arrive unscathed, if you plan on sending one back, I'd happily take it instead.

Missed out on this both times and now my Endoarm edition is cancelled, I need some kind of Arnie comfort!!

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisPatt
Watched it last night. Only the Theatrical Cut has been remastered in 4K and it looks absolutely brilliant, really happy with it. It's visibly sharper with more details, better contast / color grading. The Special Edition and Extended Special Editions look good as well but the actual extended scenes haven't been remastered to the same level as the Theatrical Cut. When you put the disc in they specifically tell you this as well "Watch the Theatrical Cut for the highest presentation of the film". The sound quality is amazing as well, not sure whether they made changes to it but it sounds better than the previous blurays I have.

Worth every penny in my opinion. This the one to keep. My discs will be going straight in to the embossed glossy Novamedia steelbook I have.

Got this today, comes in a wrap around j-card, not a slip, and is the same as the german edition, both discs are region B (no way of checking for sure)

It doesn't look that bad at all really, when the light reflects off the paint, it looks great, very metallic feel. Steelbook is matte finish, no embossing as expected. Got a tiny paint chip on mine though....Enjoy my pics...

Will watch the 3D version tonight, can't wait....:thumbs:
View attachment 347471 View attachment 347472 View attachment 347473 View attachment 347474 View attachment 347475 View attachment 347476 View attachment 347477

Watching in 3D tonight myself, really looking forward to it. Have heard they've actually taken the time to do it property rather than opt for a standard render.

Can any members of staff @Wreck or mods who have contact with the studios please ask Studio Canal why the f*** the English track is 5.1 but the German track is 7.1????

Got mine today.

Haven't had time to give the disc a spin yet but on the j-card it states:

3D Blu Ray running time 137 approx
Standard Blu Ray running time 137 approx

But under the Special Features on the same j-card it also states seamless branching of theatrical edition (137 mins), Special Edition (154 mins) and Extended Cut (157 mins)

So which is it?

The 3D was meh at best. But the 2D transfer is absoloutley fantastic, i even compared it to the skynet edition which in comparison looks like crap. The seamless branching of each cut is only on the 2D disc for all copies and the quality drops to skynet edition quality for those scenes but its not bad.

The 3D was meh at best. But the 2D transfer is absoloutley fantastic, i even compared it to the skynet edition which in comparison looks like crap. The seamless branching of each cut is only on the 2D disc for all copies and the quality drops to skynet edition quality for those scenes but its not bad.

I'm so confused about this release. I thought the point of this release was the 3D and the 4K. :LOL:
And the 2D transfer is fantastic?

I thought the 3D was great, except Arnie's face in the scene where they're pulling the bullets out of his back. I haven't watched the 2D version yet. I do wish we had a Region A copy though (as all the other 3D discs I own are either Region A or Region free.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
Got mine today.

Haven't had time to give the disc a spin yet but on the j-card it states:

3D Blu Ray running time 137 approx
Standard Blu Ray running time 137 approx

But under the Special Features on the same j-card it also states seamless branching of theatrical edition (137 mins), Special Edition (154 mins) and Extended Cut (157 mins)

So which is it?
I not got delivery yet my order was dispatched on Friday 1st Dec
I was hoping my Terminator 2 3D steelbook would have been delivered today with you getting delivery yesterday
I got delivery yesterday of the Mummy Trilogy Steelbook that was dispatched on Thursday 30th

I also had 2 Amaray Powerhouse Films Blu-ray releases that was dispatched on Friday 1st Dec delivered on Tuesday 5th Dec (4 Days)

Hopefully my Terminator 2 3D Steelbook will arrive on Monday

Zavvi better have stock kept aside to cover any orders that arrive damaged or lost in post as this is an order I must have delivered

Regarding picture quality: the new scan is sharper and detailed, but the colour grading is completely off, it has a revisionist teal-ish look that makes skies look purple instead of blue.
Also T2 in 3d? Thanks but no thanks... i wonder why people wanna watch movies in ways they were never intended to be seen.

How about colorize "citizen kane" next?

Regarding picture quality: the new scan is sharper and detailed, but the colour grading is completely off, it has a revisionist teal-ish look that makes skies look purple instead of blue.
Also T2 in 3d? Thanks but no thanks... i wonder why people wanna watch movies in ways they were never intended to be seen.

How about colorize "citizen kane" next?

???

Have to agree, the 2D transfer is outstanding, didn't notice any colour issues though, watching on a calibrated 4k telly however. I was also really impressed with the 3D. I'm a huge fan of 3D however, not usually when it's rendered in post but they did a good job with this one. Appreciate it's not for everyone, but good 3D on a decent telly really can add a lot to the movie, Life of pie, dawn of the planet of the apes as two examples looks amazing. However it's pretty poor on things like man of steel. There was a bit of a craze for it a few years back but I think it damaged 3D overall as poor post production renders really don't add anything but seeing something shot in full 3D could change your mind.