MediaMarkt
Price: €21.85 (Amazon) - €16.90 (MM)

fee_786_587_png-png.157913

Attachments

• fee_786_587_png.png
    fee_786_587_png.png
    232 KB · Views: 2,596
Last edited by a moderator:
It might have been when finished someone noticed they forgot to do the inside artwork will the customer notice :giggle:
Stick a poster inside to look as if it does have inside artwork :LOL:

I'm just hoping Film Arena come to our rescue and give us something better to make up for the overall disappointment of this steelbook release

They'd better do Paul - leaving us with a gaping chasm won't look good on the shelves, nor do their reputation any good.

Film Arena - I hope you're listening? :thumbs:

p.s. Regarding the possibility of a remaster. There is definitely no mention of it on the Studio Canal website. So that's most likely a big NO - as Paul suggested.

Last edited:
Some pics of my own copy, picked up today from my local MediaMarkt store. :)

The spot gloss looks ace - everything else on this release is pretty much meh..

View attachment 170109
View attachment 170110
View attachment 170111
View attachment 170112

Thanks for the lovely photos though wonder why you haven't included a photo of the spine - or is it just because there's nothing to see . . . ?
What's with the poster?
Who wants a creased poster when a set of lenticular or regular artcards would be preferable, at least as far as I'm concerned.

They'd better do Paul - leaving us with a gaping chasm won't look good on the shelves, nor do their reputation any good.

Film Arena - I hope you're listening? :thumbs:

p.s. Regarding the possibility of a remaster. There is definitely no mention of it on the Studio Canal website. So that's most likely a big NO - as Paul suggested.

Maybe next year on the occasion of the film's 25th anniversary?:thumbs:

Thanks for the lovely photos though wonder why you haven't included a photo of the spine - or is it just because there's nothing to see . . . ?
What's with the poster?
Who wants a creased poster when a set of lenticular or regular artcards would be preferable, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly! I saw that there already were pictures posted of this absolute nothingness ( :facepalm: ) , so i didn't anyone would want to see more of the spine... of course i can take some pics now if you want to lol

I don't get the point with the poster too, but i guess they just thought they have to add something "cool" to it, and posters are probably the cheapest gift you can add to a steelbook..:dunno:

Exactly! I saw that there already were pictures posted of this absolute nothingness ( :facepalm: ) , so i didn't anyone would want to see more of the spine... of course i can take some pics now if you want to lol

I don't get the point with the poster too, but i guess they just thought they have to add something "cool" to it, and posters are probably the cheapest gift you can add to a steelbook..:dunno:

Don't worry about it - just wanted to have confirmation from in hand live pics that the German edition has a blank spine - I mean totally blank with no Blu-ray or studio logos - something that to my knowledge would be an absolute first on any U.K. steelbook.

Nothing special but it's ok for me. US Amaray pic with spine text from another version.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1435939431382.jpg
    FB_IMG_1435939431382.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 161
  • FB_IMG_1435939239519.jpg
    FB_IMG_1435939239519.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 137
Now I decided to try an art for the inside by myself and combining inner art with an outside spine. Took quite a long time but it looks better than having a blank inside.

Attachments

• 20150703_220053.jpg
    20150703_220053.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20150703_220032.jpg
    20150703_220032.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 154
Admittedly kinda sleek and sexy in its minimalist way and the front image is spot-on together with the nicely glossy and debossed (embossed ?) T2 on the back.

Also I like the matte background which allows the artwork to shine through to its best advantage.

However, the lack of anything on the spine is a real downer for me and I will not be able to add it to my collection, unfortunately.

Last edited:
However, the lack of anything on the spine is a real downer for me and I will not be able to add it to my collection, unfortunately.
Yeah that was my problem too else I'd have got it (I already had T1, and ordered the Film Arena T3, so was missing a T2 steelbook).

I'm pretty sure the Zavvi one will be the same as this with no spine, so I ended up ordering the previous UK Steelbook instead from ebay.

Last edited:
Yeah that was my problem too else I'd have got it (I already had T1, and ordered the Film Arena T3, so was missing a T2 steelbook).

I'm pretty sure the Zavvi one will be the same as this with no spine, so I ended up getting the previous UK Steelbook instead (from ebay).

Yes, thanks for that recommendation - I bought that one when it first came out, however, and was hoping to add this new one to the collection as I much prefer this artwork, BUT . . .

I suppose the grey Skynet at least has the spine title though the colour is wrong and it will not fit in so well with the others, unfortunately, and a matching set will not be possible.

If 'T2' had a proper spine we could have had a nice little set of these three at least . . .

As it stands, it looks even more ridiculous than 'Mocking Jay 1', which at least had the studio and Blu-ray logos on the spine - but of course I didn't buy that for the same reason (n)

If the U.K. steel has the same unfinished spine as this -and it would hardly be fair on the Germans if they got an unfinished spine and ours came complete with full title and all logos - then I'll just have to wait for the eventual - next year's 25th Anniversary? - proper respectful steelbook for this top class film complete with nice shiny new disc etc. :thumbs:

which version is the disc? I know there is a recent US version that supposedly has the best PQ

is this region locked!?