Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (live)
Price: £14.99

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
I wonder if Salvation gets rerelease since there's no Arnie there..
Unless you count the CGArnie. ;)

Doubtful since I don't think many people care about that movie as much as the others. Quite happy with the steel I got of it since it was only £3.50 if dented..... XDA

Definitely in for this one...that is until FA hopefully releases it. As far as T2 goes, my Kimchi Limited edition fills that void nicely!

Last edited:
Reactions: blu-steel
You know, Salvation gets a lot of stick, but I have to say I quite liked it IMO. It's a least better than T3!

I agree. For me, "Terminator 3" was little more than a dumbed down rehash of its predecessor which, without the guiding hand of James Cameron, became little more than a glorified chase movie.

"Terminator Salvation", however, was bold enough to take the franchise in a different direction with its alternative timeline and the introduction of the Marcus Wright Cyborg.

With various Steelbook re-releases of the other three films taking place, I'll be surprised if T4 doesn't also get one. It will need to be very special, however, since I already own both the Scandinavian Steelbook and the Canadian Viva, the latter being one of my most prized possessions.

I'm also interested to see how the forthcoming "Terminator Genisys" turns out although, having seen the trailer, I'm not optimistic. It actually looks set to unseat T3 as the worst of the franchise.

First two Terminator movies are masterpieces, but everything else has been more or less failures IMO. Terminator was first Schwarzenegger movie for me and I still remember the impact it had on me. Terminator 2 just blew me away and even today it's incredible well made and one of the best sequels ever. Terminator 3 felt really disappointing when I saw it in the theatre, but I have actually learned to like it a bit more in these past few years. Probably going to get the steelbook. Atleast it has Kristanna Loken and I love to look at her :drool:. Terminator Salvation wasn't for me at all. I only watched it once and never wanted to rewatch it. For Terminator Genisys, after seeing the trailers I'm not going to bother spending money on a ticket :smashed:

First two Terminator movies are masterpieces, but everything else has been more or less failures IMO. Terminator was first Schwarzenegger movie for me and I still remember the impact it had on me. Terminator 2 just blew me away and even today it's incredible well made and one of the best sequels ever. Terminator 3 felt really disappointing when I saw it in the theatre, but I have actually learned to like it a bit more in these past few years. Probably going to get the steelbook. Atleast it has Kristanna Loken and I love to look at her :drool:. Terminator Salvation wasn't for me at all. I only watched it once and never wanted to rewatch it. For Terminator Genisys, after seeing the trailers I'm not going to bother spending money on a ticket :smashed:
I feel exactly the same as you on Terminator 1-4. I've seen Salvation 1.5 times and will never watch it again.
Except I'm looking forward to Genisys lol. A more appropriate cast plus Alan Taylor directing (> McG). The potential is there to be better than T3/4.
Also, it'll be teasing the future rather than showing us the future (hopefully).
I won't be purchasing this steelbook because I'd never watch this over T1/2.

Rover

You know, Salvation gets a lot of stick, but I have to say I quite liked it IMO. It's a least better than T3!

I like Salvation a lot as well. I think part of the problem is that it veered away from the standard "on the run" from evil terminator storyline and people couldn't handle the change. I liked the fact that it didn't stick to the same old template and started to show why Connor was actually so important (not some random friggin' T-800), which they could have built on with future releases.

I hope they return to the future era again with the (rebooted?) franchise as some point.

Yeah the first two are classics and would be on my list to take with me if i was going to be stranded on an island with my tv and blu-ray player with room for only 12 films. The third is your usually hollywood re-hash but enjoyable all the same, as for the fourth I just couldn't get into it and it wasn't without trying, I watched it twice and for me it's just not Terminator. The franchise has had it's day in my opinion but at least the new one has gone back to the usual formula, who knows it may surprise.

Reactions: harry
Just my 2 cents... I adore the first two (especially Judgement Day), found Salvation to be quite different and fun, but the third was pure garbage. I'm still getting this steel though as I'm a completist. :p

Lol :LOL:, I know what you mean. I had to buy A Good Day to Die Hard to get them all, but I honestly hate that film.

Reactions: Noodles