Terminator: Genisys (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Selective No.1) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: August 25, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slipbox - Lenticular Slipbox - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack -Triple Pack
Price: $41.79 (Full Slip or Lenti) - $39.59 (1/4 Slip) - $81.49 (Dual Pack) - $117.99 (Triple Pack)
Note: WEA steelbook, Included all of Best Buy special features, Dolby Atmos
International Print Run: Full Slip 300 Copies - Lenticular 500 Copies - 1/4 Slip 120 copies

13620295_910746482403168_8242534940484167261_n.jpg 13606459_910746485736501_6881425372382300225_n.jpg 13723941_916773168467166_6165816868326157516_o.jpg

(Pre-order date is July 27 at 2 PM Korea time)
From PA Facebook :
We're excited to announce the official launch of Plain Archive's sub-brand Plain Selective.

Unlike Plain Archive, Plain Selective will focus on mainstream films of bigger scale and bigger budget as well as a wide variety of genres.

Plain Selective will include releases which the home video sales rights are owned by a different company. The making of these releases will not be controlled by us. Instead, Plain Selective releases are going to be a joint effort between Plain and a partner.

Please note that Plain's main focus will still be Plain Archive. Therefore, Plain Selective could see as little as one or two releases a year.

This official launch of Plain Selective is what you might call an experiment, one of our ways of dealing with the diminishing state of the Blu-ray market. Between Plain and our partners, we'll be taking appropriate measures on our human resources to ensure Plain Archive meets its future release schedule. In other words, Plain Selective will be our second priority, with random release patterns.

By working with Lotte Entertainment and Video Travel, Terminator Genisys (2015) is going to be released as a Steelbook this May.

We'll be posting detailed updates on Terminator Genisys Steelbook as soon as we get Paramount's approval.

Thank you.

We're aware that Terminator Genisys is already available as Steelbook in overseas market. Most of the copies are aimed at our Korean customers as the film hasn't been released in Blu-ray yet in Korea. We will sell some copies to our international customers, but please note that it will be very limited in quantity.

Terminator Genisys Steelbook Lenticular Sample Video (Approved by Paramount) : High quality conversion lens was used to execute a perfect transition effect. It's also high-resolution, allowing the image to stay sharp and minimize any blur.

13603474_910746479069835_3982419646217054596_o.png
13653222_910746562403160_2822962794633298087_o.jpg
12524253_833834033427747_1820073635996301511_n.png
12963744_867043056773511_8102795393314992012_n.jpg
13103316_867043060106844_986570763655110498_n.jpg

Special Feature : * Included Bestbuy's exclusive "The World of Terminator Genisys"

Terminator Genisys INCLUDES 165 MINUTES of BONUS FEATURES.

There's no extra disc designed for supplements, but we've included extras in both the 2D and 3D discs.

Plain Selective 001: Terminator Genisys Limited Edition Blu-ray includes 2 Discs(2D+3D). With that being said, you'll be able to find all extra features included in the BEST BUY's 3rd Disc including 'The World of Terminator Genisys.' (+ Extra James Cameron Interview)

The total amounts to 165 minutes, which is the world's longest for any Terminator Genisys Blu-ray release you'll find in the world. We've achieved this without compromising the Video and Audio Quality of both 2D and 3D versions of the film.

Please find the list below:

Special Feature :

- 3D Disc : (* 2D display monitor & TV can watch it)
01. Family Dynamics: The Acting Ensemble
02. Manipulating Matter: Visual Effects ThePostProductionProcess
03. Battle On The Bridge
04. Interview : James Cameron
05. Trailer
** Total : 54 min

- 2D Disc
06. Paradigm Shift: Honoring The Past While Forging The Future
07. Old Not Obsolete: Prosthetics And Special Makeup
08. Tactical Apparel: Costumes
09. A Once And Future War: Stunts Special Effects And Weapons
10. Infiltration And Termination:Shooting In New Orleans And San Francisco
11. Exiles In Time: Reflections & Looking Forward
12. Upgrades: VFX of Terminator Genisys

** Total : 111 min

upload_2016-7-19_3-44-52.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking hard and long about the Terminator editions and decided to not wait for a complete FA set up. Thanks to the pictures of @Four Foot One I have decided on the full slip because it looks just fantastic! Just ordered...now I can concentrate on other things like work! :)

I'm with you buddy, I don't think there is a 'complete' set that are all the definitive copies (of course my subjective opinion). The beauty is to collect what you feel is the best release from different retailers. So you need to break it down do you want all Lenti's, all Full Slips, Mixed, and from which retailer for each movie.

For example for Full Slips:
T1 - Back Barons
T2 - Nova
T3 - Upcoming HDZeta
T4 - Kimchi
T5 - Plain

Nice to have a mix :thumbs:

For Lenti's it be a bit different as T1 FAC or BB dont have one and other things to consider.

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15 and Hooch
Well PA has shipped my Lenti, fingers crossed I don't get stung by UK customs now. Now do I get HDZ's Salvation to.

So shipped last week Thursday, one week later I am pleased to say this has arrived in my local post office without custom charges. I wasn't at my address to sign for the package so held for collection which I will collect later before it closes. The tracking number on the Royal Mail note corresponds from Plain Archive.

So any UK orders from PA for K Packets you should be okay! :thumbs: They all arrive at the same sorting office I assume so whoever has processed mine most probably has done similar others.

So shipped last week Thursday, one week later I am pleased to say this has arrived in my local post office without custom charges. I wasn't at my address to sign for the package so held for collection which I will collect later before it closes. The tracking number on the Royal Mail note corresponds from Plain Archive.

So any UK orders from PA for K Packets you should be okay! :thumbs: They all arrive at the same sorting office I assume so whoever has processed mine most probably has done similar others.

That's good to know, mine is still at Heathrow according to the tracking on Royal Mail website. Fingers crossed it updates later and delivered tomorrow.

That's good to know, mine is still at Heathrow according to the tracking on Royal Mail website. Fingers crossed it updates later and delivered tomorrow.

Mate, my tracking shows Heathrow on the 30th August and nothing until a failed attempted delivery for today. In other words it's probably in your local post office waiting for the postman to take it to you. It doesn't track from Heathrow to the post office until there is an 'attempt' on delivery. Unless you live in the middle of the sticks somewhere and the postman can't find your house name! I take it your ordered the dual pack like I did?

Mate, my tracking shows Heathrow on the 30th August and nothing until a failed attempted delivery for today. In other words it's probably in your local post office waiting for the postman to take it to you. It doesn't track from Heathrow to the post office until there is an 'attempt' on delivery. Unless you live in the middle of the sticks somewhere and the postman can't find your house name! I take it your ordered the dual pack like I did?

Yeah I've had that sometimes but my last few over sea orders tracking on RM site have all updated when out for delivery. I'm hoping it turns up at work tomorrow. No I ordered the lenti has the 1/4 had sold out, I like lenti slips (like nova) or 1/4 full slips I don't own any no more and this will be my 1st lenti box which go in the cupboard and steelbook in my shelf.

yes! it's a nice release ...the holofoil skull and damaged T-800/Schwarzernegger face on the back side are really nice. lenti is good too.

I think for the Lenti series I would use the PA for T5, goes well with Nova's T2. T1 Lenti only available is HDZeta's. T3 upcoming HDZeta. I have the Kimchi T4 Lenti but I think the HDZeta's will be better (even though I do like the Kimchi's one still).

Once the Full Slips and Lent's are lined up they will look F'king awesome!

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
@huggy2k4 right off to the post office now to confirm 100% there is no customs. Going to see if my predictions for this beauty are correct! Be back in 30 mins!

Can't wait for mine now, Fullslip front art is ace but with that being on the back of the Steelbook the Lenti is better to have because its all fresh art. Has anyone opened one yet, what's disc art like.

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
When I have them my definitive copies lined up for FS and the Lenti I will probably start opening the FS and ditch the standard releases. I think these are too nice, also being WEA to remain sealed.