The 4 Marx Brothers At Paramount 1929 - 1933 (Blu-ray) (Limited Edition) (Arrow Academy) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: May 29 ,2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £32.99 (Arrow-Amazon - Hmv) - £29.99 (Zavvi)

16681678_1036778733132123_3534968892421696905_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all five features, transferred from original film elements by Universal

• Original 1.0 mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

• Commentary on The Cocoanuts by film scholar Anthony Slide

• Commentary on Animal Crackers by film historian Jeffrey Vance

• Commentary on Monkey Business by Marx Brothers historian Robert S Bader and Bill Marx, son of Harpo Marx

• Commentary on Horse Feathers by film critic FX Feeney

• Commentary on Duck Soup by Bader and film critic Leonard Maltin

• The Marx Brothers: Hollywood’s Kings of Chaos, a feature-length documentary containing interviews with Leonard Maltin, Dick Cavett and others

• Three excerpts from NBC’s The Today Show featuring interviews with Harpo Marx, Groucho Marx and Bill Marx

• MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Perfect-bound book featuring new and archival writing on the films

Pre Ordered

I was going to get the USA release but with import deposit fee was to expensive
I'm glad I held out as I had an Idea this would get a UK release

I'm a massive fan of Groucho Marx and Marx Brothers

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
It does annoy me that modern audiences brought up on MTV don't get to see the likes of the Marx Brothers because I would certainly rate Groucho Marx among one of the funniest and quick witted people who ever lived. To add insult to injury he had to die a few days after Elvis so most people at the time weren't even aware he'd died!

It does annoy me that modern audiences brought up on MTV don't get to see the likes of the Marx Brothers because I would certainly rate Groucho Marx among one of the funniest and quick witted people who ever lived. To add insult to injury he had to die a few days after Elvis so most people at the time weren't even aware he'd died!
Groucho was the master of scarasam and influential to lot of later comedians

He was very witty in life and very smart he could though upset people on occasions with his scarasam some would not be sure if he was been serious or just making a joke

Like this. (Very funny)

But his off-the-cuff remarks to strangers were celebrated. Once in Montreal, a priest put out his hand and said: "I want to thank you for all the joy you've put into this world." Groucho shook his hand and shot back: "And I wanna thank you, for all the joy you've taken out of this world."

Reactions: paulboland
Like this. (Very funny)

But his off-the-cuff remarks to strangers were celebrated. Once in Montreal, a priest put out his hand and said: "I want to thank you for all the joy you've put into this world." Groucho shook his hand and shot back: "And I wanna thank you, for all the joy you've taken out of this world."
Another one
He was with a friend a talk show host and in a queue at a restaurant to book a table.
A female was in front of him in the queue
Groucho asked her if she was alone she replied yes with Groucho replying must be something wrong with you then

Talk show host said he was not sure to laugh or tell Groucho off for saying what he said

• Thanks
Reactions: Lollard2002
***THE 4 MARX BROTHERS AT PARAMOUNT FINAL SPECS***

The final specs for our upcoming Marx Brothers box set are in! Please note that due to an unforeseen approval process specific to this set we've had to revised the release date to May 29th - sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all five features, each scanned and restored in 4K from original film elements by Universal
•Original 1.0 mono audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
•Commentary on The Cocoanuts by film scholar Anthony Slide
•Commentary on Animal Crackers by film historian Jeffrey Vance
•Commentary on Monkey Business by Marx Brothers historian Robert S Bader and Bill Marx, son of Harpo Marx
•Commentary on Horse Feathers by film critic FX Feeney
•Commentary on Duck Soup by Bader and film critic Leonard Maltin
•The Marx Brothers: Hollywood’s Kings of Chaos, a feature-length documentary containing interviews with Leonard Maltin, Dick Cavett and others
•Three excerpts from NBC’s The Today Show featuring interviews with Harpo Marx, Groucho Marx and Bill Marx
•Sibling Revelry, an introduction to the Marx Brothers by critic David Cairns
•DUCKFEATHERMONKEYNUTCRACKER, a new video essay about the films by David Cairns
•60-page book containing writing by Robert S. Bader, author of Four of the Three Musketeers: The Marx Brothers on Stage, plus new writing on each of the films by Pamela Hutchinson, Christina Newland, Kevin Jackson, Michael Brooke and Vic Pratt

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
My order was only dispatched today
My debit card was charged the previous price a few days ago

I have contacted amazon to refund me the price difference as release date was only yesterday and my order was only dispatched today and price has dropped before my order was dispatched

I know pre order price promise is only upto release date but next day a price drop and my order was only dispatched today

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles