The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)(EMBOSS) [Canada]

Release date: August 19th, 2014
Purchase link: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Price: 26.99$ +tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 6,000
Region: A,B,C (Region Free)

Artwork:
Finish:
Silk
Emboss: Eye on the front is embossed
M2206811.jpg

inside-png.71773

Video presentation:
Via INSTAGRAM

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited:
First look at the art.

Wrong image:
ASM2_Steelbook.jpg

Here's the questions I've asked of the Studio and I haven't gotten an answer yet.
-Finish: Matte or Gloss?
-Any emboss?
-Is that French title at the bottom printed on the SteelBook or the slip cover? (same question about the format bar at the top)
-Back art?
-Inside art?
-If the French title is actually printed on the SteelBook does that mean we are not sharing this run with any other country?

Last edited by a moderator:
First look at the art.

View attachment 71770

Here's the questions I've asked of the Studio and I haven't gotten an answer yet.
-Finish: Matte or Gloss?
-Any emboss?
-Is that French title at the bottom printed on the SteelBook or the slip cover? (same question about the format bar at the top)
-Back art?
-Inside art?
-If the French title is actually printed on the SteelBook does that mean we are not sharing this run with any other country?

Oh Joy it's the exact same god awful art as the German Amazon version :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Can see this art going down like a lead balloon, due to the German version being identical and detested.

As with the other editions, the black border spoils it and Sony releases haven't been great quality in recent months either. I think this is one to wait for actual pictures, I can't see it turning out well on current form.

I had said the artwork (the one with the black border) was awful, but if it's actually gonna be the one posted by zerox39, then it looks nice enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: hellboydce1
So much better without the black border. Hoping for a full gloss finish. Still looks like the same one Amazon De are selling though, and most likely the same one the UK will get.

Should have been a full shot of Spider-Man in his new movie costume. :(

Reactions: BradG1984
Goddamit, I was holding on the hope that the artwork in the German thread was just a placeholder :(. Given that it will most likely be the same steelbook everywhere, that's bad news (and it'll be 2016 by the time BluFans delivers their own steelbook of ASM2 with WEA).

The steelbook of the first movie was beautiful and glossy, but this time even gloss can't save this :(. It's not just the black border, it's the very choice of this crappy poster.

EDIT : OH, as I was writing this post the black border disappeared, cool :D.

Still, inside artwork is cheap and the posters chosen for both the back and the front are bad too (admittedly, ASM2 didn't have many good posters to choose from). Jamie Foxx looks like a laughable moron on the back art, like he's jerking off looking into Spidey's eyes.

I would have picked these :
BACK :

lkNIDA.jpg

FRONT :

dQWPHQ.jpg

INSIDE ART :

M1VPsu.jpg

That took me barely two minutes, Sony :D.